PDA

View Full Version : Man on Fire

Deberg_1990
09-16-2004, 05:23 PM
Man, i watched this last night and i have to say, its one of the best flicks ive seen in a long time! Great performances by Denzel and Dakota, great direction by Tony Scott and a tight script with some nice one liners. Loved the Walken speech! what a classic! "Creasy's art is death, and hes about to paint his masterpiece"

This movie really got me jacked up! After it was over i felt like i wanted to go kick some punk ass kidnapper ass!! I have a young daughter so i guess i could relate to some of the feelings of the characters. Anyone else seen this flick and want to comment on it?

Dr. Facebook Fever
09-16-2004, 05:24 PM
being on fire really has to fvck up your day.

Count Alex's Losses
09-16-2004, 05:26 PM
Man, i watched this last night and i have to say, its one of the best flicks ive seen in a long time! Great performances by Denzel and Dakota, great direction by Tony Scott and a tight script with some nice one liners. Loved the Walken speech! what a classic! "Creasy's art is death, and hes about to paint his masterpiece"

This movie really got me jacked up! After it was over i felt like i wanted to go kick some punk ass kidnapper ass!! I have a young daughter so i guess i could relate to some of the feelings of the characters. Anyone else seen this flick and want to comment on it?

I saw it in the theatre. It's a true story. I loved it.

The C4 enema was original. ROFL

David.
09-16-2004, 05:27 PM
I want to see that movie. Denzel is usually a sure bet for a decent movie.

Chan93lx50
09-16-2004, 05:46 PM
Funny, I just watch it last night also.

Great popcorn flick!

jAZ
09-16-2004, 05:48 PM
Is it me or has Denzel played the same guy in his last dozen or so movies?

The Manchurian Candidate
Man on Fire
Out of Time
John Q
Training Day
The Bone Collector
The Siege
Fallen
Courage Under Fire

It's the same guy over and over...

I really like Denzel... and he's always does a good... but I am really tired of his choice of roles lately.

ENDelt260
09-16-2004, 05:49 PM
Admittedly, I haven't seen John Q... but, I'm guessing you're the only person that would call Denzel's character in John Q the same as his character in Training Day.

Pants
09-16-2004, 05:50 PM
Saw it in theater, Creasy is one bad ass mother. That movie was awesome. And no, those are all different roles although he is a hard ass in all of them.

nychief
09-16-2004, 05:50 PM
did anybody see the Original with scott glen?

jAZ
09-16-2004, 05:54 PM
Admittedly, I haven't seen John Q... but, I'm guessing you're the only person that would call Denzel's character in John Q the same as his character in Training Day.
I've seen both, and to me they really aren't that different.

Deberg_1990
09-16-2004, 05:55 PM
did anybody see the Original with scott glen?

No, but i remember it back in tha day when it used to show up on cable alot....I cant imagine it being any better than this version??

ENDelt260
09-16-2004, 05:56 PM
I've seen both, and to me they really aren't that different.
In that case John Q must be VASTLY different than what I believed.

nychief
09-16-2004, 05:56 PM
No, but i remember it back in tha day when it used to show up on cable alot....I cant imagine it being any better than this version??

have not seen the new one.... the old one was just okay.

jAZ
09-16-2004, 06:00 PM
In that case John Q must be VASTLY different than what I believed.
He's an angry dad who take hostages in a hospital because his son won't get treatment.

angry, crime, guns, denzel

Maybe it's just me... :shrug:

Donger
09-16-2004, 06:05 PM
Is it me or has Denzel played the same guy in his last dozen or so movies?

The Manchurian Candidate
Man on Fire
Out of Time
John Q
Training Day
The Bone Collector
The Siege
Fallen
Courage Under Fire

It's the same guy over and over...

I really like Denzel... and he's always does a good... but I am really tired of his choice of roles lately.

You're only saying that cuz he's black, racist scum.

Pants
09-16-2004, 06:06 PM
He's an angry dad who take hostages in a hospital because his son won't get treatment.

angry, crime, guns, denzel

Maybe it's just me... :shrug:

You need to watch that movie again. He's not angry, he's desperate. Rememeber how he treated his hosties? He was not angry. He did an awesome job acting too.

jAZ
09-16-2004, 06:31 PM
You need to watch that movie again. He's not angry, he's desperate. Rememeber how he treated his hosties? He was not angry. He did an awesome job acting too.
I understand that there is a reason he's angry, pissed, desperate or whatever you'd like to describe it.

Maybe it's just me.

He did a great job... that's why I'd like to see him do something different that action/suspense/thriller.

He's so good at what he does. Training Day was a slightly different character in the same type of movie. He was great at it, but they all kinda blend together for me.

He's really good... I wish he would break the mold more often, that's all.

jAZ
09-16-2004, 06:57 PM
You're only saying that cuz he's black, racist scum.
I don't think Denzel is a racist scum at all... but I think you are right about the black part. I think.

;)

Nzoner
09-16-2004, 07:20 PM
Didn't care for the original but loved this one.As for those one liners another fav was where the old man talks about the Church teaching forgiveness and Creasy says forgiveness is between them and God I'm just here to arrange the meeting.

Deberg_1990
09-16-2004, 07:23 PM
Didn't care for the original but loved this one.As for those one liners another fav was where the old man talks about the Church teaching forgiveness and Creasy says forgiveness is between them and God I'm just here to arrange the meeting.

Yep..that was a good one.....i liked this one:

"Im gonna do What I do best: I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone who was involved, anyone who profited from it, anyone who opens their eyes at me. "

After he said that, I was like...hell yea!!

Michael Michigan
09-16-2004, 07:26 PM
So--I have this one and LadyKillers.

I guess I should watch Man on Fire?

Sure-Oz
09-16-2004, 08:53 PM
I bought man on fire and heard it was real good, I didn't particularly care for john Q at times it almost seemed like comedy.

Baby Lee
09-17-2004, 08:02 AM
So--I have this one and LadyKillers.

I guess I should watch Man on Fire?
I had the same two movies on deck this week.
Man on Fire - stylish cinematography and great acting performances covering a thin script that peters out BIG TIME by the end.
Ladykillers - 1st impression, swing and a miss by the Coens, but I know the Coens are about 2nd and 3rd impressions. By the book caper movie, spiced up by Hanks' excellent character interacting with some wildly unreal supporting characters. Irma P. Hall was a hoot too. Amusing, but more 'Intolerable Cruelty' than 'Raising Airzona.'