PDA

View Full Version : It's Official: Democrats Make Kids Cry

Donger
09-16-2004, 05:17 PM
Three-year-old Sophia Parlock cries while seated on the shoulders of her father, Phil Parlock, after having their Bush-Cheney sign torn up by Kerry-Edwards supporters on Thursday, Sept. 16, 2004, at the Tri-State Airport in Huntington, W.Va. Democratic vice presidential candidate John Edwards (news - web sites) made a brief stop at the airport as he concluded his two-day bus tour to locations in West Virginia and Ohio. (AP Photo/Randy Snyder)
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=31643&stc=1

Donger
09-16-2004, 05:18 PM

NewChief
09-16-2004, 05:19 PM
I call Bullshit.

Donger
09-16-2004, 05:19 PM
I call Bullshit.

Why?

NewChief
09-16-2004, 05:23 PM
Why?

:shrug: Because you didn't provide a link to the story.

Donger
09-16-2004, 05:24 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/040916/480/wvrs10309162250&e=12&ncid=705

Donger
09-16-2004, 05:25 PM
:shrug: Because you didn't provide a link to the story.

Man, you liberals are so distrustful.

Anyway, it's real according to Yahoo and AP.

NewChief
09-16-2004, 05:27 PM
Man, you liberals are so distrustful.

Anyway, it's real according to Yahoo and AP.

Well if it's legit, then those people that torn up their sign should be ashamed.

Of course, the father is a moron for taking his daughter into that environment as well.

I certainly wouldn't take my kid to a Bush Cheney rally and plan on doing some kind of counter protest (which was why I called bullshit).

Duck Dog
09-16-2004, 05:39 PM
Well if it's legit, then those people that torn up their sign should be ashamed.

Of course, the father is a moron for taking his daughter into that environment as well.

I certainly wouldn't take my kid to a Bush Cheney rally and plan on doing some kind of counter protest (which was why I called bullshit).

What environment? You mean the mean spirited enviornment of liberals?

NewChief
09-16-2004, 05:41 PM
What environment? You mean the mean spirited enviornment of liberals?

You are such a 'tard sometimes.

Pants
09-16-2004, 05:47 PM
I wonder what would happen if I brought a "Support Kerry/Edwards" sign to a republican rally donw in Textas. My asshole would've been ripped, not my poster. How about you look at both sides of the situations instead of ripping on something completelly ignoring THE BIG PICTURE.

Duck Dog
09-16-2004, 06:01 PM

ROFL

I love getting under the skin of whiners. It's even funnier when I make them cry.

Duck Dog
09-16-2004, 06:02 PM
I wonder what would happen if I brought a "Support Kerry/Edwards" sign to a republican rally donw in Textas. My asshole would've been ripped, not my poster. How about you look at both sides of the situations instead of ripping on something completelly ignoring THE BIG PICTURE.

Come back when you've grown some hair on your balls.

Pants
09-16-2004, 06:03 PM
Come back when you've grown some hair on your balls.

LOL, way to argue there cowboy. So do I take it I won this argument?

Thig Lyfe
09-16-2004, 06:04 PM

This just in:

Pot to Kettle: "You're Black"

More details to come.

Duck Dog
09-16-2004, 06:05 PM
LOL, way to argue there cowboy. So do I take it I won this argument?

Ahh, little man, you'll learn when and what battles to fight on the DC page.

This ones not winnable by either of us. Just some good 'ol con/lib jabbing.

Duck Dog
09-16-2004, 06:05 PM
This just in:

Pot to Kettle: "You're Black"

More details to come.

ROFL

Pants
09-16-2004, 06:07 PM
Ahh, little man, you'll learn when and what battles to fight on the DC page.

This ones not winnable by either of us. Just some good 'ol con/lib jabbing.

Yeah, I know but I just wanted to feel good about myself. Thanks for ruining it... :thumb:

Duck Dog
09-16-2004, 06:19 PM
Yeah, I know but I just wanted to feel good about myself. Thanks for ruining it... :thumb:

See, you're catching on. It's what we do here.

Donger
09-16-2004, 09:35 PM

I thought you called BS because I didn't provide a link?

Man, you lefties are hard to pin down.

Phobia
09-16-2004, 10:41 PM
I thought you called BS because I didn't provide a link?

Man, you lefties are hard to pin down.

They're all very skilled spinners. They should abandon the donkey and make the party mascot a frigg'n top.

http://www.americantoy.com/top.gif

Baby Lee
09-17-2004, 06:38 AM
Hey f@cknut. I understand that some people who read here have special needs kids.

NewChief
09-17-2004, 06:42 AM
Hey f@cknut. I understand that some people who read here have special needs kids.

PC THOUGHT POLICE PC THOUGHT POLICE!! HOW DARE YOU TRY TO CENSOR ME.

Actually, my apologies to anyone I offended with that term. It was poorly considered, and I actually thought about going back and editing it.

Baby Lee
09-17-2004, 06:52 AM
PC THOUGHT POLICE PC THOUGHT POLICE!! HOW DARE YOU TRY TO CENSOR ME.

Actually, my apologies to anyone I offended with that term. It was poorly considered, and I actually thought about going back and editing it.
That was actually a semi-humorous cross-thread reference. Someone told a 'retard' joke in a joke thread over on the main page [where the air is sweet and free ;)]. Some posters with SN kids started threatening people, and was on the 'simmer down now' side.

NewChief
09-17-2004, 06:57 AM
That was actually a semi-humorous cross-thread reference. Someone told a 'retard' joke in a joke thread over on the main page [where the air is sweet and free ;)]. Some posters with SN kids started threatening people, and was on the 'simmer down now' side.

Dude. Stop exploiting my liberal guilt complex.

:cuss:

;)

Baby Lee
09-17-2004, 07:21 AM
Dude. Stop exploiting my liberal guilt complex.

:cuss:

;)
If you really feel the guilt, there really are some folks sensitive to this.

The humor was more in how this issue was so thoroughly thrashed by both sides just the other day.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=98652

Iowanian
09-17-2004, 09:44 AM

See any Bush supporters slapping any of these kids around? These kids are obviously all old enough to be well versed in world affairs, and not just pawns of their parental units of unspecified gender.

Braincase
09-17-2004, 09:52 AM
Sign rippers were wrong. Dad's a dumbass.

NewChief
09-17-2004, 09:54 AM
See any Bush supporters slapping any of these kids around? These kids are obviously all old enough to be well versed in world affairs, and not just pawns of their parental units of unspecified gender.

What do these pictures have to do with anything?

I don't even see any Bush people around any of these kids.

NewChief
09-17-2004, 09:54 AM
Sign rippers were wrong. Dad's a dumbass.

Thank you! :thumb:

I'm not sure how this turned into such a freaking fiasco.

Radar Chief
09-17-2004, 10:06 AM
Thank you! :thumb:

I'm not sure how this turned into such a freaking fiasco.

ROFL Dude, you do realize where your posting, don’t you?

NewChief
09-17-2004, 10:24 AM
BTW:

http://rising-hegemon.blogspot.com/2004/09/bogus-assault-father-freeper-of-year.html

It appears that the guy with the union shirt standing next to the crying kid looks amazingly like this guy's son. It also appears like this guy has a history of getting his signs torn up by Dems. Hrrrmmm...what a coincidence.

So should we change the thread title to: "It's official, Republicans will make their own kids cry, to make Dems look bad?"

Donger
09-17-2004, 10:37 AM
BTW:

http://rising-hegemon.blogspot.com/2004/09/bogus-assault-father-freeper-of-year.html

It appears that the guy with the union shirt standing next to the crying kid looks amazingly like this guy's son. It also appears like this guy has a history of getting his signs torn up by Dems. Hrrrmmm...what a coincidence.

So should we change the thread title to: "It's official, Republicans will make their own kids cry, to make Dems look bad?"

No, not at all. Perhaps it's just as possible that Democrats have a nasty habit of ripping up opponents signage, don't you think?

KCWolfman
09-17-2004, 10:47 AM
So you are saying small children should expected to be berated, taunted, and humiliated by supposedly mature adults?

Damn, I am beginning to believe the thread header.

KCTitus
09-17-2004, 10:50 AM
BTW:

Glenn Beck had the father on the phone this AM and he stated his two sons of that age, one was in the Guard, the other was at Marshall. It's a sick and twisted thought to believe the dad staged it...I wonder about the people that can think these theories up.

ENDelt260
09-17-2004, 10:56 AM
ROFL I just wanted to stop in and say the thread title rocks.

KCWolfman
09-17-2004, 11:04 AM
BTW:

You really believe those people look alike? Using that criteria, I could say anyone one of 10 million possible suspects are running around as this man's son in our country alone.

Also note the previous "story" had nothing to do with any children of the man. I don't see how they are similar.

Even the blogger seems like a dick and he wasn't even there "Remember this when the Cornerites and Little Green Snot Bubbles spout off and try to make this a big story". What a petty bitch this lonely POS must be.

NewChief
09-17-2004, 11:07 AM
Glenn Beck had the father on the phone this AM and he stated his two sons of that age, one was in the Guard, the other was at Marshall. It's a sick and twisted thought to believe the dad staged it...I wonder about the people that can think these theories up.

Really? I guess the reporter lied then, because he clearly states in the story from the paper:
http://www.herald-dispatch.com/2004/September/17/LNtop1.htm

After standing on the tarmac with the Kerry supporters, Parklock and three of his children moved down to the airport road near a parking lot exit.

With Parlock were sons Phil II, 21, and Alex, 11, and daughter Sophia, 3.

KCWolfman
09-17-2004, 11:11 AM
Really? I guess the reporter lied then, because he clearly states in the story from the paper:
There is definitely some inconsistency to the story as well. The daughter is clearly seen during the rally holding the torn sign, but the report states, "Parlock said a Kerry supporter yanked a Bush-Cheney sign out of Sophia’s hands, making her cry. As they stood along the road later, someone threw the ripped-up remains of the sign at them as they passed."

Something doesn't jibe, whether it is reporting or the father. But to say his own kid staged it without any proof other than a vague photo of a 20 something year old white male is lame. The blogger is a moron.

KCTitus
09-17-2004, 11:16 AM

You can use the term 'lied' if you wish, maybe the reporter was just wrong. The father was asked about the photo and said that wasnt his son.

Now, for me to disbelieve the father, I have to accept the premise you have posed, which is the dad dressed his son up in a union t-shirt posing as a supporter so when they are photographed by AP, it appears that it was a kerry supporter that did it. This requires 2 things...the complicity of the AP photographer and the children in this 'plot'.

No thanks...that limb wont hold me.

NewChief
09-17-2004, 11:17 AM
a vague photo of a 20 something

True. All you Republicans look alike to me.;)

KCWolfman
09-17-2004, 11:19 AM
True. All you Republicans look alike to me.;)
So I hear.

Donger
09-17-2004, 11:21 AM
Well, looks like the union boss sure believes it...

The International Union of Painters and Allied Trades believes in the fundamental right for civil discourse, freedom of speech and activism to support our candidates and issues.

What happened in Huntington, West Virginia yesterday is an affront to everything we, as a union, pride ourselves to represent. We extend our apologies to the Parlock family, especially Sophia, for the distress one of our overzealous members caused them.

I have personally taken steps to address this issue internally, and will take immediate disciplinary action to the full extent allowed under U.S. Department of Labor regulations and the constitution of the International Union of Painters and Allied Trades.

It is my hope that this incident reminds all of our members that every last citizen in this country has the right to express his or herself freely. Not one single one of us has the right to tell them otherwise.

General President James A. Williams
The International Union of Painters and Allied Trades

Frazod
09-17-2004, 11:59 AM
This is a common sense issue, or more to the point, the lack of common sense.

A republican goes to a democratic rally boldly displaying republican signs. Is he exercising his right to free speech? Sure. Of course, he's also there solely to stir up trouble and piss people off. And at a political rally, one should expect to run into a good amount of highly polarized, overzealous party supporters who will take offense. Duh.

And into this, this F#CKING MORON brings a small child.

Perhaps he thought that if he had a small child with him, he would be left alone. That makes him a COWARD on top of being a F#CKING MORON.

What was this guy thinking? Why would be bring a child to this event? He was asking for trouble, and the goons in the crowd happily obliged. IMO, this guy exhibited some seriously piss poor parental judgment.

If you go to an enemy rally to stir shit, expect what you get. And please, leave the kids at home.

And this could just have easily have happened to a democrat at a republican rally. There's plenty of thugishness, idiocy, poor judgment and irresponsibility to go around.

:shake:

Radar Chief
09-17-2004, 12:05 PM
Well, looks like the union boss sure believes it...

The International Union of Painters and Allied Trades believes in the fundamental right for civil discourse, freedom of speech and activism to support our candidates and issues.

What happened in Huntington, West Virginia yesterday is an affront to everything we, as a union, pride ourselves to represent. We extend our apologies to the Parlock family, especially Sophia, for the distress one of our overzealous members caused them.

I have personally taken steps to address this issue internally, and will take immediate disciplinary action to the full extent allowed under U.S. Department of Labor regulations and the constitution of the International Union of Painters and Allied Trades.

It is my hope that this incident reminds all of our members that every last citizen in this country has the right to express his or herself freely. Not one single one of us has the right to tell them otherwise.

General President James A. Williams
The International Union of Painters and Allied Trades

:eek: Wow! A union leader with integrity. Color me shocked.

alanm
09-17-2004, 12:41 PM
What environment? You mean the mean spirited enviornment of liberals?Yeah, those are the people who encourage diversity.ROFL

Ultra Peanut
09-17-2004, 03:19 PM
That was actually a semi-humorous cross-thread reference. Someone told a 'retard' joke in a joke thread over on the main page [where the air is sweet and free ;)]. Some posters with SN kids started threatening people, and was on the 'simmer down now' side.I once called my nephew a retard in front of a guy who really was retarded.

I wanted to go dig a hole and hide for a while.

bkkcoh
09-17-2004, 03:36 PM
I think the point is, there appears to be so much hatred from the democrat supporters will go to bodily harm or physical damage to the supporters of the opposition. I am sure there are instances of Republican suporters doing stuff they shouldn't be doing, but I haven't heard of any Democratic HQ's getting shot. Wouldn't it be amazing what kind of shit storm would take place if the Democratic HQ would have had bullet(s) shot into it. The dems would be plastered all over the airwaves stating that this is exactly why gun control needs to be not only strengthened, but enforced.