PDA

View Full Version : Will you buy the original Star Wars movies DVD set?

Frazod
09-16-2004, 06:06 PM
The original Star Wars movies come out on DVD next Tuesday (at least Lucas' tweaked versions of the originals).

Poll to follow.

Garcia Bronco
09-16-2004, 06:07 PM
Hell yes

Pants
09-16-2004, 06:09 PM
Meh... my friend's all over that one. I'll just burn his DVD's.

Douche Baggins
09-16-2004, 06:09 PM
Depends on whether or not I am still alive.

Thig Lyfe
09-16-2004, 06:11 PM
This should be good bait for whoever gochiefs is now.

Miles
09-16-2004, 06:12 PM
I probably should since it will be on sale everywhere. But will likely just rent them once.

Deberg_1990
09-16-2004, 06:25 PM
Oh god..here we go......another Bash Lucas thread! like thats never happened on an internet message board before??

Thig Lyfe
09-16-2004, 06:33 PM
DAMMIT LUCAS!!! :cuss:

Calcountry
09-16-2004, 06:53 PM
ROFL :clap:

Calcountry
09-16-2004, 06:54 PM
DAMMIT LUCAS!!! :cuss:
Hey, he is probably YOU. You are just trying to cover your arse. :p

Calcountry
09-16-2004, 06:59 PM
I WILL NOT pay Lucas anymore money for work that he has already done. The greedy MOFO could have released the DVD's back when he released the videos. I saw the ploy back then, already owning a DVD, I am like, WTF doesn't he release it in the best format available. When he is interviewed, he is always talking about good sound, good digital, yadayada yada. Answer is simple, the fugger wanted to wait a couple of years to score big all over again. Not this kid.

Movie II did very little but irritate and dissapoint me as well. Like, they need a movie every month just to iron out all the fuggin questions that one created and do you know what? No answer will be coming in # III I'm afraid. Will I watch it? Of course, that is like asking me will I watch the Chiefs during a losing season, God forbid.

Thig Lyfe
09-16-2004, 07:05 PM
Hey, he is probably YOU. You are just trying to cover your arse. :p

ROFL

WTF is going on here?

John_Wayne
09-16-2004, 07:09 PM
How much is th set? I found it at Sam's club for $44.50. I preordered it. I'll get it in early Oct.

Deberg_1990
09-16-2004, 07:09 PM
I WILL NOT pay Lucas anymore money for work that he has already done. The greedy MOFO could have released the DVD's back when he released the videos. I saw the ploy back then, already owning a DVD, I am like, WTF doesn't he release it in the best format available. When he is interviewed, he is always talking about good sound, good digital, yadayada yada. Answer is simple, the fugger wanted to wait a couple of years to score big all over again. Not this kid.

Movie II did very little but irritate and dissapoint me as well. Like, they need a movie every month just to iron out all the fuggin questions that one created and do you know what? No answer will be coming in # III I'm afraid. Will I watch it? Of course, that is like asking me will I watch the Chiefs during a losing season, God forbid.

Agreed.....im sure these wont be the last "special editions" either....in a couple of more years he will release the "Ultimate 6 DVD collector set" Which will feature "all new" footage for Eps...4, 5, and 6.....

I cant stand how he constantly is tinkering with these films! IM guessing he will never be happy with these things???

KCWolfman
09-16-2004, 07:13 PM
I'm buying the set, and getting it for 30.00. Gamestop took my cash and two dumpy old DVD's (The Cell and My Big Fat Greek Wedding).

Well worth it.

Bowser
09-16-2004, 07:14 PM
Agreed.....im sure these wont be the last "special editions" either....in a couple of more years he will release the "Ultimate 6 DVD collector set" Which will feature "all new" footage for Eps...4, 5, and 6.....

I cant stand how he constantly is tinkering with these films! IM guessing he will never be happy with these things???

I would bet he is as happy like a man shittin' in high cotton with these movies. It's just turned into new and improved ways to make money for cheap (for him!).

Bowser
09-16-2004, 07:15 PM
And yes, I wil probablly own it sooner or later. Senator.

Douche Baggins
09-16-2004, 07:16 PM
You know the best part about all this is I've never even paid for the Star Wars movies on VHS.

KCWolfman
09-16-2004, 07:17 PM

If I am buying a trilogy set, it sure beats The Matrix or the next installment of The Whole 11 Yards.

Miles
09-16-2004, 07:22 PM
I did some hunting around and 36.99 is the best deal i could find. Anyone know of anything cheaper.

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/4010572?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Douche Baggins
09-16-2004, 07:26 PM
Are there any other great movie trilogies that haven't been released? They put out Indy and BTTF in the last year or two as well.

Delano
09-16-2004, 07:26 PM
It's all queued up. I'll burn 'em and return 'em.

Thig Lyfe
09-16-2004, 07:27 PM
Are there any other great movie trilogies that haven't been released? They put out Indy and BTTF in the last year or two as well.

The Karate Kid?

Douche Baggins
09-16-2004, 07:28 PM
Here are some of the changes Lucas has made:

Phobia
09-16-2004, 07:30 PM

ROFL Who has posted most on this thread?

Frazod
09-16-2004, 07:31 PM
Here are some of the changes Lucas has made:

ROFL

Those are funny as hell.

Douche Baggins
09-16-2004, 07:32 PM
Wow. He's insane.

KCWolfman
09-16-2004, 07:33 PM
I did some hunting around and 36.99 is the best deal i could find. Anyone know of anything cheaper.

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/4010572?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
Yup, as I said Gamestop had the offer a few weeks ago (I don't know if they still do). Bring any 2 full length feature DVDs and buy the set for 30.00

Thig Lyfe
09-16-2004, 07:35 PM
ROFL Who has posted most on this thread?

JBret!

AHA!!!!!!!!!

Douche Baggins
09-16-2004, 07:35 PM
Last one:

Douche Baggins
09-16-2004, 07:38 PM
JBret!

AHA!!!!!!!!!

Bowser
09-16-2004, 07:40 PM
Yup, as I said Gamestop had the offer a few weeks ago (I don't know if they still do). Bring any 2 full length feature DVDs and buy the set for 30.00

ANY 2?

I hope the wife doesn't miss About a Boy and Love Actually!!

:fire:

Thig Lyfe
09-16-2004, 07:41 PM
Wow. We have finally found gochiefs.

Sure-Oz
I am def. going to get it and can't wait, i dont care if there are changes here and there, the video and sounds should kick ass, hell yeah!

Calcountry

I'll bet 4 5 and 6 must now be completely redone, with computer insertions of the original actors into computer generated sets that were the real vision of Lucas, but he couldn't do it back in the 70's. ENOUGH.

I have a better idea. Mr. Lucas, just sell your fuggin rights to the story to Pixar and let them fuggin go wild with tons of "Star Wars" sequels, prequels, Sith Lord Trilogies and the like. I mean, fug, after all the questions you opened up in movie 2 its gonna take at least a dozen to get this thing done. :p

Bowser
09-16-2004, 08:00 PM
Anakin, get my lightsaber.

It's the one that says "Bad Motherf***er" on it.

Sure-Oz
09-16-2004, 08:02 PM
Here are the actual dvd changes vs the 1997 SE....
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/starwarschanges.html

el borracho
09-16-2004, 09:19 PM
No, I won't buy the DVDs. I loved the original trilogy as a kid but I am not 11 years old anymore. Besides, the first two prequels are so awful that they have destroyed my interest in it. I may not even see episode III until I can rent it.

Frazod
09-21-2004, 07:34 PM
Well, I just got back from picking up the DVD set and the new game, Star Wars Battlefront. Yes, I'm a geek. :D

KcMizzou
09-21-2004, 07:36 PM
Well, I just got back from picking up the DVD set and the new game, Star Wars Battlefront. Yes, I'm a geek. :D I buy 'em eventually. I'd buy the game to if my damned comp could handle it. I still have a copy of KTOR that I've never played. I still haven't upgraded my video card.

siberian khatru
09-21-2004, 07:38 PM
Grudgingly/devil.

Frazod
09-21-2004, 07:39 PM
I buy 'em eventually. I'd buy the game to if my damned comp could handle it. I still have a copy of KTOR that I've never played. I still haven't upgraded my video card.

If this is half the game KOTOR is, I'll love it. Installing the third disk as I write this. Obviously, I won't be around for a bit.... :D

Dick Bull
09-21-2004, 07:39 PM
Anakin, get my lightsaber.

It's the one that says "Bad Motherf***er" on it.

ROFL

Jenson71
09-21-2004, 07:40 PM
No. I'll definitely acknowleged them as ground-breaking works, but they don't appeal to me at all. I recently saw the orginal this summer while finishing up my AFI's top 100 list (still have to see The Jazz Singer), I think it's #15 on the list.

KcMizzou
09-21-2004, 07:42 PM
No. I'll definitely acknowleged them as ground-breaking works, but they don't appeal to me at all. I recently saw the orginal this summer while finishing up my AFI's top 100 list (still have to see The Jazz Singer), I think it's #15 on the list. I think you had to seem them as a child to really understand all the fuss...

There really was nothing like it...

Jenson71
09-21-2004, 07:44 PM
I think you had to seem them as a child to really understand all the fuss...

There really was nothing like it...

I wasn't a huge fan of Lord of the Rings either, but I still agree they are fine films.

KcMizzou
09-21-2004, 07:51 PM
I wasn't a huge fan of Lord of the Rings either, but I still agree they are fine films. Yeah.. IMO, LOTR was just about the best thing since...

Saulbadguy
09-21-2004, 08:06 PM
Well, I just got back from picking up the DVD set and the new game, Star Wars Battlefront. Yes, I'm a geek. :D
Same here. Picked up the WS version, and the PC version of Battlefront. I'm all geeked up for this week.

I just watched some "choice" parts of ROTJ...man, I am impressed. I'm puttin away the old VHS's (yes..I admit, I have both the original and SE trilogies). These DVDs symbolize what DVDs were invented for! :)

KcMizzou
09-21-2004, 08:10 PM
I just watched some "choice" parts of ROTJ...man, I am impressed. I'm puttin away the old VHS's (yes..I admit, I have both the original and SE trilogies). These DVDs symbolize what DVDs were invented for! :) Wow. Is it really that different?

Saulbadguy
09-21-2004, 08:15 PM
Wow. Is it really that different?
Yes. I've watched the SE VHS's numerous times, and I even had some Laserdiscs ripped on to VCD's, but the DVDs blow them away. The picture and color is vibrant, and the audio is just amazing. I watched the speeder through Endor scene, the Sarlacc pit scene, and the final death star battle, and i'm still in awe.

I know the little purist babies are crying about the minor changes in the movies, but I really don't care.

Sure-Oz
09-21-2004, 08:18 PM
I heard the video and sound totally kick major ass on the dvd, and there were good changes made from the SE one's. They made the gweedo scene closer where they shot at the same time basically and the major change i guess at the end with a young anakin doesn't bother me in the least. They also changed out the shitty jabba with a more older looking one, not all CGI'y(thats likely not a word, oh well who gives a crap).

Jenson71
09-21-2004, 08:19 PM
I liked Lucas's comment:

(paraphrasing here)

"Do I release the movies that I always wanted them to look like, or do I release the unfinished products the audience fell in love with?"

Sounds like he made the right decision.

Frazod
09-21-2004, 08:19 PM
Well, I've been playing Battlefront a bit, as an Imperial Stormtrooper (damned rebels). It's cool as hell. I think I'll actually read over the manual now, though, because I'm tired of getting my ass kicked. :D

KcMizzou
09-21-2004, 08:20 PM
Yes. I've watched the SE VHS's numerous times, and I even had some Laserdiscs ripped on to VCD's, but the DVDs blow them away. The picture and color is vibrant, and the audio is just amazing. I watched the speeder through Endor scene, the Sarlacc pit scene, and the final death star battle, and i'm still in awe.

I know the little purist babies are crying about the minor changes in the movies, but I really don't care. Hmmm... I think I've moved from "I'll buy it eventually" to "I'll buy it very soon."

Saulbadguy
09-21-2004, 08:21 PM
Well, I've been playing Battlefront a bit, as an Imperial Stormtrooper (damned rebels). It's cool as hell. I think I'll actually read over the manual now, though, because I'm tired of getting my ass kicked. :D
Might have to find you online...and TEAMKILL you! j/k :evil:
I played for a little bit, but on single player. Twas fun destroying crap in the AT-AT....

Saulbadguy
09-21-2004, 08:22 PM
Hmmm... I think I've moved from "I'll buy it eventually" to "I'll buy it very soon."
Might as well buy it now...its 42.99 most places, and it will go up to 51.99 regular price and stay there.

KcMizzou
09-21-2004, 08:24 PM
Might as well buy it now...its 42.99 most places, and it will go up to 51.99 regular price and stay there. Yeah.. I'll probably pick it up Friday. Friday's gonna be an expensive day for me.. but for once.. It'll all be spent on fun stuff. :D

Douche Baggins
09-21-2004, 08:24 PM
I liked Lucas's comment:

(paraphrasing here)

"Do I release the movies that I always wanted them to look like, or do I release the unfinished products the audience fell in love with?"

Sounds like he made the right decision.

Like hell. He's gone and fugged it all up. ****ing Hayden Christensen in ROTJ? Give me a break. At least he didn't CGI-in Jar Jar's dumb ass.

Still pissed about changing Fett's voice.

Oh and the new Emperor Hologram looks like ASS.

Saulbadguy
09-21-2004, 08:25 PM
Like hell. He's gone and fugged it all up. ****ing Hayden Christensen in ROTJ? Give me a break. At least he didn't CGI-in Jar Jar's dumb ass.

Still pissed about changing Fett's voice.

Oh and the new Emperor Hologram looks like ASS.
Shaddup, baby.

Frazod
09-21-2004, 08:27 PM
Might have to find you online...and TEAMKILL you! j/k :evil:
I played for a little bit, but on single player. Twas fun destroying crap in the AT-AT....

I actually don't play anything online. I find no pleasure in getting slaughtered by geeks who devote their lives to this shit. I just don't have the time. It's just me against the computer.

Anyway, back to the game. Later!

Saulbadguy
09-21-2004, 08:30 PM
I actually don't play anything online. I find no pleasure in getting slaughtered by geeks who devote their lives to this shit. I just don't have the time. It's just me against the computer.

I hear ya. Occasionally you run in the l337 wall h4x0r who likes to r0x0r j00 but all in all I have a good time online. Really though, I think this game was MADE for online play :D

Sure-Oz
09-21-2004, 08:30 PM
The new emperor is better than that 100 year old lady that played the orig. emporer, Lucas made the movies you didn't stfu!

Douche Baggins
09-21-2004, 08:34 PM
The new emperor is better than that 100 year old lady that played the orig. emporer, Lucas made the movies you didn't stfu!

Lucas made the movies and then went back and made uneccesary changes that look out of place. The new Emperor hologram doesn't even look like Ian McDiarmid for crying out loud! They also changed the dialogue, which was just fine. It was kick ass dialogue.

Sigh....
:shake:

Sure-Oz
09-21-2004, 08:39 PM
Lucas made the movies and then went back and made uneccesary changes that look out of place. The new Emperor hologram doesn't even look like Ian McDiarmid for crying out loud! They also changed the dialogue, which was just fine. It was kick ass dialogue.

Sigh....
:shake:
That stuff doesn't bother me that much anyway I haven't seen SW's in quite awhile anyway to possibly tell the difference. The only changes i would've noticed was anakin and jabba when he was upclose with han in teh SE version. Just be greatful that they didn't add hayden's face when luke opened darths helmet. :p

KCinNY
09-21-2004, 08:41 PM
I'm still pissed at Lucas for screwing up the bar scene with Han Solo and Greedo.

SOLO FIRED FIRST, DAMMIT!

Douche Baggins
09-21-2004, 08:42 PM
I'm still pissed at Lucas for screwing up the bar scene with Han Solo and Greedo.

SOLO FIRED FIRST, DAMMIT!

They fire at the same time now. I can accept that.

Jabba looks a whole lot better.

KcMizzou
09-21-2004, 08:43 PM
That stuff doesn't bother me that much anyway I haven't seen SW's in quite awhile anyway to possibly tell the difference. The only changes i would've noticed was anakin and jabba when he was upclose with han in teh SE version. I think that's the key... if you've watched these movies once a week since you were 6, you'll hate any change. If (like me) the mention of Star Wars makes you think, "Oh wow... those movies were cool!" You probably won't mind in the least...

Douche Baggins
09-21-2004, 08:51 PM
I think that's the key... if you've watched these movies once a week since you were 6, you'll hate any change. If (like me) the mention of Star Wars makes you think, "Oh wow... those movies were cool!" You probably won't mind in the least...

I don't mind some of the changes. I just object to the crappy ones.

Demonpenz
09-21-2004, 08:54 PM
lets get down to what is important, how does slave Leia look on DVD!

Deberg_1990
09-21-2004, 09:28 PM
Jabba looks a whole lot better.

Yea he does from the screenshots ive seen....the problem is, the whole scene is unneccasary. It basically says the same thing as the Greedo/Han scene. its just a waste of time IMO

Douche Baggins
09-21-2004, 09:30 PM
Yea he does from the screenshots ive seen....the problem is, the whole scene is unneccasary. It basically says the same thing as the Greedo/Han scene. its just a waste of time IMO

Eh, it's kind of cool. It introduces us to the Jabba character. And we get a gratuitous Boba Fett breaking the fourth wall shot. :D

Jabba was originally a big fat human in a furry coat:

http://www.blueharvest.net/images/set/tat/jabba-set.jpg

Frazod
09-22-2004, 12:32 AM
Well, the new game is cool. It's certainly no KOTOR, but definitely seems worth the price. There seem to be nearly endless different ways to play it (soldier, sniper, fighter pilot, etc.).

I like it. :thumb:

Frazod
09-23-2004, 12:35 AM
I watched Star Wars and half of Empire Strikes Back tonight. Certainly the DVD picture quality is better, but these movies really come to life with surround sound. That's far and away the coolest part, IMO.

BTW, the most major change I've got to so far is the insertion of the Emperor from Return of the Jedi replacing the other guy in ESB. The dialogue has also been changed, as it is the Emperor who informed Vader that Luke is "the offspring of Anakin Skywalker." Nice touch, IMO.

I also watched the documentary. The amount of bullshit Lucas had to put up with from the studio was unbelievable. They nearly pulled the plug on the movie several times. Also, there is lots of behind the scenes shots of the filming.

Macroach
09-23-2004, 12:44 AM
I'm buying the set, and getting it for 30.00. Gamestop took my cash and two dumpy old DVD's (The Cell and My Big Fat Greek Wedding).

Well worth it.

Dang, nice trade! I got mine at Amazon for $41.99 (free S+H) but I have to wait 5-9 days.

Demonpenz
09-23-2004, 12:47 AM
one of the perks of being that dude who works at a video store is i got to open and prep the damn thing last friday. I watched most of them. Looks great on dvd

Frazod
09-23-2004, 12:48 AM
I paid $46 (including tax) at Best Buy. I probably could have shopped around, but I'm not the patient type. It was worth the extra couple of bucks to get it NOW.

I paid $50 for the game at CompUSA (Best Buy had already sold out, and I got the last one CompUSA had). Star Wars stuff goes quick when it first comes out.

Redcoats58
09-23-2004, 12:53 AM
My only problem with the DVD set is it has those extra scenes added right into the movie. I would rather have the original with out any of the extra effects added. They are basically selling the version that was re-released in theaters in like 95 or 96.

Demonpenz
09-23-2004, 12:54 AM
nothing wrong with telling them, we're money and we want to party

Demonpenz
09-23-2004, 12:54 AM
So even the guy behind the camera starts crying, not because what i am doing, but more he's got his own thing going on

Douche Baggins
09-23-2004, 01:07 AM
They are basically selling the version that was re-released in theaters in like 95 or 96.

You couldn't be more wrong. The video and audio quality of the DVDs is TONS better than anything that was previously released. They've also gone through and cleaned up matte lines and anything that made it look like it was made 20 years ago.

Besides, its the first time any star wars movie has EVER been on DVD. What's not to like?

Demonpenz
09-23-2004, 01:08 AM
uhhh clone wars and phanton shitty were always on dvd

Redcoats58
09-23-2004, 01:14 AM
You couldn't be more wrong. The video and audio quality of the DVDs is TONS better than anything that was previously released. They've also gone through and cleaned up matte lines and anything that made it look like it was made 20 years ago.

Besides, its the first time any star wars movie has EVER been on DVD. What's not to like?
I'm speaking of the actual computer generated graphics added in. Those are the same things they added into the movies re- release from 95 or 96(not everything but most of it). I know they cleaned up the video which does look very impressive. I just wish Lucas would release the original that I watched as a kid with the cleaned up video and the 5.1.

Redcoats58
09-23-2004, 01:18 AM
So even the guy behind the camera starts crying, not because what i am doing, but more he's got his own thing going on
It was an after school special. What was it called? I don't know? Jenny eat something, what does it matter?

Our little baby all growds up.

Pants
09-23-2004, 01:35 AM

frazod, Battlefront was DESIGNED FOR ONLINE play. It'll get real boring real fast playing that shit single player. Playing games like that with bots is nowhere as good as playing online. We just got Xbox Live and my friend is getting the game very soon (before saturday). frazod, you won't get pwnd, because the game just came out, there won't be any leet haxors who know everythig there's to know about the game. I guarantee you if you get a good game going online, you will never go back.

Douche Baggins
09-23-2004, 01:45 AM
I'm speaking of the actual computer generated graphics added in. Those are the same things they added into the movies re- release from 95 or 96(not everything but most of it). I know they cleaned up the video which does look very impressive. I just wish Lucas would release the original that I watched as a kid with the cleaned up video and the 5.1.

Wrong. All the CGI from the special editions has been re-done.

Frazod
09-23-2004, 01:46 AM
frazod, Battlefront was DESIGNED FOR ONLINE play. It'll get real boring real fast playing that shit single player. Playing games like that with bots is nowhere as good as playing online. We just got Xbox Live and my friend is getting the game very soon (before saturday). frazod, you won't get pwnd, because the game just came out, there won't be any leet haxors who know everythig there's to know about the game. I guarantee you if you get a good game going online, you will never go back.

Perhaps I'll check into it later. But I want to get a whole lot better and comfortable with the controls. I've already customized the soldier controls to the standard configuration I always use. I also need to check into using the joystick for controlling the fighters - the keyboard controls for that suck ass.

Pants
09-23-2004, 01:50 AM
Perhaps I'll check into it later. But I want to get a whole lot better and comfortable with the controls. I've already customized the soldier controls to the standard configuration I always use. I also need to check into using the joystick for controlling the fighters - the keyboard controls for that suck ass.

Nooo, start playing online ASAP. You will be pwning nubs like a mother****er in no time. To my understanding it's a BF game with SW shit in it. The controls should be easy: WASD to move around, mouse to aim and shoot, spacebar to jump, control to change stances, shift to run/walk. Bam, you are ready. And yeah using keyboard+mouse to fly is teh suck. PLAY ONLINE.

Douche Baggins
09-23-2004, 01:52 AM
uhhh clone wars and phanton shitty were always on dvd

That's Attack of the Clones and The Phantom Menace.

And I was referring to the original trilogy.

Frazod
09-23-2004, 01:54 AM
Nooo, start playing online ASAP. You will be pwning nubs like a mother****er in no time. To my understanding it's a BF game with SW shit in it. The controls should be easy: WASD to move around, mouse to aim and shoot, spacebar to jump, control to change stances, shift to run/walk. Bam, you are ready. And yeah using keyboard+mouse to fly is teh suck. PLAY ONLINE.

Yeah, I've got the combat controls down. I just need to get in the habit of ducking and using cover - I'm getting whacked too often.

Pants
09-23-2004, 01:56 AM
Yeah, I've got the combat controls down. I just need to get in the habit of ducking and using cover - I'm getting whacked too often.

See when you play with people online you can (I didn't say "will") actually organize a team effort unlike with those retarded bots who run around aimlessly with a godlike aim. You see if you play online, people acaully miss a lot more.

Frazod
09-23-2004, 01:57 AM
See when you play with people online you can (I didn't say "will") actually organize a team effort unlike with those retarded bots who run around aimlessly with a godlike aim. You see if you play online, people acaully miss a lot more.

I will check it out - but not yet.

Patience, young Jedi. :D

Pants
09-23-2004, 02:00 AM
I will check it out - but not yet.

Patience, young Jedi. :D

Dammit, why you gotta be all stubborn and shiat?? You'll thank me later, if you do decide to play online. SIGH.

Redcoats58
09-23-2004, 02:02 AM
Wrong. All the CGI from the special editions has been re-done.
Who cares GoChiefs I don't want all the extra shit that wasn't in the original.

Douche Baggins
09-23-2004, 02:05 AM
Who cares GoChiefs I don't want all the extra shit that wasn't in the original.

Not going to happen, unfortunately.

Frazod
09-23-2004, 03:31 AM
Dammit, why you gotta be all stubborn and shiat?? You'll thank me later, if you do decide to play online. SIGH.

I configured the joystick to control the fighter. It's much better, but it takes some getting used to. You really have to lead your shots. The best option is to fly a Y-wing with a gunner onboard. That seems to rack up damage the fastest.

Douche Baggins
09-23-2004, 06:04 AM
This game is like crack on toast.

I have always wanted to relive the Star Wars Trilogy battles in a video game. This is perfect.

Douche Baggins
09-23-2004, 06:11 AM
OMG!
http://jastermereel.homestead.com/files/screenshot_0000.jpg

Looking through the macros:

http://jastermereel.homestead.com/files/screenshot_0003.jpg

Inside an AT-ST:

http://jastermereel.homestead.com/files/screenshot_0004.jpg

Inside an AT-AT popping god damn Snowspeeders :D

http://jastermereel.homestead.com/files/screenshot_0007.jpg

Playing as a rebel, bringing down an AT-AT via laser turret:

http://jastermereel.homestead.com/files/screenshot_0014.jpg

Douche Baggins
09-23-2004, 06:24 AM
Taking out a Walker:

http://jastermereel.homestead.com/files/screenshot_0014.jpg

Aboard a Snowspeeder:

http://jastermereel.homestead.com/files/screenshot_0020.jpg

Taking down an AT-AT Walker KAMIKAZE STYLE!!! :D

http://jastermereel.homestead.com/files/kamikaze.jpg

Through the legs :D

Lzen
09-23-2004, 08:05 AM
Sure, I'll get it. I admit it, I'm a Star Wars geek. Ok, not gochiefs level of geekdom but, I always loved those movies when I was a kid. :thumb:

Gaz
09-23-2004, 08:11 AM
I will probably rent and watch “Star Wars” and “The Empire Strikes Back” [the high water mark of the series], but “Return of the Jedi” was crap.

xoxo~
Gaz
Will spend his cash on cheesy zombie DVDs instead.

Sure-Oz
09-23-2004, 09:18 AM
SW's was always fun, i can't wait to watch it this weekend, its been a while since i have seen it.

Frosty
09-23-2004, 09:35 AM
Already picked them up the first day. My kids have never seen the series except for the non-widescreen, cut-up TV version.

BTW, Sure-oz, your avatar still freaks me out. A good friend from high school killed himself exactly that way (Drugs are a very bad thing, kids). I can't imagine a much worse way to go.

Sure-Oz
09-23-2004, 09:54 AM
Already picked them up the first day. My kids have never seen the series except for the non-widescreen, cut-up TV version.

BTW, Sure-oz, your avatar still freaks me out. A good friend from high school killed himself exactly that way (Drugs are a very bad thing, kids). I can't imagine a much worse way to go.
Holy crap, i am sorry about that, if you want I can remove it.

Frosty
09-23-2004, 10:05 AM
Holy crap, i am sorry about that, if you want I can remove it.

Nah, it's ok. Thanks for the offer, though. I think I can put the avatar on ignore.

I think your avatar is fairly realistic. According to witnesses (his ex-wife), you could tell when the pain got through drug-induced fog. It went from "I'll show you" to "Oh shit, what have I done" pretty quick.

Frazod
09-23-2004, 10:25 AM
I will probably rent and watch “Star Wars” and “The Empire Strikes Back” [the high water mark of the series], but “Return of the Jedi” was crap.

No, Return of the Jedi was only half crap. Intermixed with the furry midget lovefest was some of the best and most moving scenes of the triology (the scenes with Luke, Vader and the Emperor). Now it will be possible to go past the teddy bears with just a click instead of having to fast forward the tape.

I hate those damned Ewoks. TEDDY BEARS CAN'T KILL STORMTROOPERS! :cuss:

Douche Baggins
09-23-2004, 10:38 AM
I hate those damned Ewoks. TEDDY BEARS CAN'T KILL STORMTROOPERS! :cuss:

It's too bad Lucas didn't go with his original idea and make the native Endor race a bunch of Wookiees...

Sure-Oz
09-23-2004, 10:39 AM
Dude, those "teddy bears" were led by Willow!!!!

Brock
09-23-2004, 10:39 AM
Star Wars sucks.

Douche Baggins
09-23-2004, 10:50 AM
Dude, those "teddy bears" were led by Willow!!!!

Nerd.

Douche Baggins
09-23-2004, 10:51 AM
Star Wars sucks.

You suck. ROFL

Sure-Oz
09-23-2004, 10:53 AM
Nerd.
I watched Vh1's "When star wars ruled the world" that was pretty funny to watch them make fun of some stuff.

Brock
09-23-2004, 11:32 AM
You suck. ROFL

So does you chances of ever getting any.

Frazod
09-23-2004, 05:48 PM

I've been playing online this afternoon. You're right - it's much better.

I'm starting to get the hang of it - although I'm clearly up against some people who do this shit a lot more than I do. But not all of them. :D

Douche Baggins
09-23-2004, 06:03 PM
So does you chances of ever getting any.

What about a soccer mom?

whoman69
09-23-2004, 08:56 PM
I'm going to try to hold off until after Christmas to see if the price will come down.

Douche Baggins
09-23-2004, 09:03 PM
Fat chance. 4 DVDs for 45 bucks is pretty damn cheap.