PDA

View Full Version : The voice of reason from of all people... Keyshawn Johnson

jAZ
09-16-2004, 07:25 PM
I was listening to NFL Radio on my shiney new Sirius Satalite Radio and Keyshawn was a guest on one of the talk shows tonight.

He made a very good point that hadn't occured to me and I hadn't heard mentioned around here.

The host asked about that were expected to have strong defenses played poorly in week one, and Key pointed out that even teams with strong defenses are usually slow get going.

That week 1, 2 and 3 often belongs to the offenses.

This is in large part due to the fact that defensive players aren't as accustomed to full speed tackling. That there is a difference between tackling in pre-season and in the regular season.

It gave me added hope for our defense.

(and made me a little more worried about our offense)

Thig Lyfe
09-16-2004, 07:26 PM
He also called Rhonde Barber an Uncle Tom.

Yeah, real reasonable.

Bowser
09-16-2004, 07:29 PM
I'll buy it.

But I'm still not worried about our offense, YET. Sunday night, season opener IN DENVER? C'mon! The Donks were amped up for that game. The '99 Rams would've gotten spanked.

WilliamTheIrish
09-16-2004, 08:03 PM
If Keyshawn Johnson isn't worried.... neither am I.

Boy am I a liar...

Hydrae
09-16-2004, 08:06 PM
So does the shine on that Sirius radio help with reception or something? :shrug:

morphius
09-16-2004, 08:06 PM
Well I'm holding out hope that last week had something to do with the only leader on D, Woods, not playing or practicing much during the preason. Heck, there was not one preseason game that our secondary even played together. Its going to take a while.

Iowanian
09-16-2004, 08:09 PM
That doesn't say much for the slow start of the offense.

ENDelt260
09-16-2004, 09:25 PM
Wait... are you saying Ronde Barber isn't an Uncle Tom?

Joe Seahawk
09-16-2004, 11:06 PM
So, if you limit a high powered offense to 7 points in their house, you should really feel good!

Now, on to Tampa!

RINGLEADER
09-16-2004, 11:17 PM
So is the Sirius radio worth it? I was going to get one but didn't know if it was worth it.

jAZ
09-16-2004, 11:30 PM
So is the Sirius radio worth it? I was going to get one but didn't know if it was worth it.
If you get one, buy it used... I bought mine off a guy on Amazon Marketplace... I couldn't activate it, but it works anyway.

Sirius doesn't even have my CC# to bill me. I'm assuming its something like cable TV where occasionally when you move into a new appartment you plug in your TV and find out you have free cable.

But yeah... It's pretty cool. Indoor reception is kind of a bummer so far. I've heard XM is better because they have repeaters on Cellphone towers. Don't know if its true, but that's what I'm told.

But Sirius has an all NFL Talk Radio channel and all of the NFL games play-by-play (both cities broadcast).

Plus Air America Radio and a 2nd channel called Talk Left.

That was worth the 50 bucks I paid for the reciever.

The Bad Guy
09-17-2004, 12:01 AM
Ring,

Next time you're online, I'll fill you in about Sirius.

I absolutely love it.