PDA

View Full Version : Sports Bar inside my house, take a look!

Chiefs38119
09-17-2004, 12:18 AM
My wife and I are major sports fans especially football. She is a Dolphin fan and was before I ever met her. Our first date was to see the Indy vs Denver 1st preseason game of 2000. We have been exclusive ever since. I grew up in Grandview, Mo. So of course I am a Chiefs fan for life. We support our local AF2 team the Memphis Xplorers. This past season we threw numerous parties and fed the entire team dinner every Sunday throughout the season. We love our football. Memphis sucks for sports, but we make the best of it. We have Direct TV with multiple receivers and subscribe to the NFL Sunday Ticket every year, so that we don't miss a game. If either of us misses a game, it is because we are attending the other one's game in person. Here is a link that will take you to a page that I used to have, but you can still view the pics of the sports bar. I don't know how much longer it will be there, but feel welcome to view the pics and respond in this thread. I do have other pics of different angles and close ups. The bars contents change frequently. If anybody visits Memphis, TN, you are welcome to contact me and come party with us especially during NFL season or AF2 season. We have had a pro players in our bar. Some still play. Well, enough of the into, here is the link and please comment regardless of your opinions.
http://chiefsfan38119.tripod.com/footballpassion/id2.html

Pants
09-17-2004, 12:20 AM
You are fuggin awesome. Where do I find a wife like yours?

KcMizzou
09-17-2004, 12:23 AM
You are fuggin awesome. Where do I find a wife like yours? Exactly. I'll take two.

Chiefs38119
09-17-2004, 12:24 AM
Thank you. I tell ya, she is the best thing that could ever have happened to me. For example, anniversary presents are usually tickets and reservations to a football game. I give her tickets to Phins games and she gives me tickets to Chiefs games. Last year, we were in Dallas for the Dolphins game on turkey day for her present from me. Christmas, birthdays, valentines, etc we give each other memorabilia or coupons to any game we want to see that or coming years. She may not be Britney Spears, but she is mine and wonderful.

Pants
09-17-2004, 12:26 AM
I'm serious, your awesomeness hurts my eyes. God, man some people are fuggin lucky...

Jenson71
09-17-2004, 12:28 AM
That's a lot of great stuff. In a few years, you should sell it all on ebay and then buy a private island. Or country.

Chiefs38119
09-17-2004, 12:30 AM
Thank you again. God gives some men looks, some money, some other long endowments and so on. I get a wife that will never ever get upset at me for watching a game instead of taking out the trash.

Pants
09-17-2004, 12:32 AM
OK, you can stop bargging now, Chiefs. It's causing a mild depression in me.

Jenson17
09-17-2004, 12:32 AM
Sssssweeeeettt!

Chiefs38119
09-17-2004, 12:34 AM
That's a lot of stuff. In a few years, you should sell it all on ebay and then buy a private island. Or country.

Actually, as long as we live, we will never sell our stuff. Half of the autographs we got ourselves. The others were purchased on eBay. LOL
If I die, she knows she can sell my Chiefs stuff and likewise if she dies, I get to get rid of Dan Marino life size cardboard guy. For now, we just want to add to our collection. We have stuff that has been added since those pics were taken and we have stuff that hasn't even made it in frames and on the wall yet. If we ever get in that deep with debt, God forbid, we may consider selling some. For now, no way!

KcMizzou
09-17-2004, 12:34 AM
Reminds me a lot of Nzoner's place. It's huge... and he's got just about anything a guy could ever want in there....

Pants
09-17-2004, 12:40 AM
Reminds me a lot of Nzoner's place. It's huge... and he's got just about anything a guy could ever want in there....

Yeah I doubt THAT...

Does he have a fountain where beer flows instead of water there?
Does he have a group of hot chicks ready and willing there?

Yeah... didn't think so.

KcMizzou
09-17-2004, 12:43 AM
Yeah I doubt THAT...

Yeah... didn't think so. You're right. We'll have to bring our own beer... and drive 5 miles or so to find the strippers. (He's hosting the 37 forver foundation party.)

Pants
09-17-2004, 12:46 AM
You're right. We'll have to bring our own beer... and drive 5 miles or so to find the strippers. (He's hosting the 37 forver foundation party.)

Yo, I recommend the Outhouse, it's the only one I've been to (my only time, last year as a freshman... mmm good times, anyway...) but I'm sure you know it's awesome.

FloridaChief
09-17-2004, 12:57 AM
Not too shabby, Phil...not too shabby at all.

Phobia
09-17-2004, 01:05 AM
First, the name Phil's Sports Bar is kinda taken. Didn't you check first?

Second, your basement sucks. I can say that because I'm X-FACTOR!!!!

http://www.geocities.com/xfactor_factor02/xfactornew9.jpg

Chiefs38119
09-17-2004, 06:47 AM
Yeah I doubt THAT...

Yeah... didn't think so.

Actually, I have a kegerator and a spare keg in my wine cooler. We know plenty of slutty chicks. I am not familiar with the place you mentioned above, "Nzoners." Beer I have, chicks are around, but you will have to do the leg work for them.

Chiefs38119
09-17-2004, 06:55 AM

Well, lets see. First of all, it isn't a basement. It is a converted sunroom with tinted windows 75% of the way around it. Guess the sunlight threw you. Second, I am not selling beer nor anything else. So the fact that someone else choses to call their place Phil's Sports Bar is irrelevant isn't it. Did you check the State of Tennessee to see if there is a Phil's Sports Bar in TN? Unless someone goes for a National Copyright of their business' name and logo, it does not cross state lines. I know this because I ran an internet business from TN and there were companies in other states that had the name but not in TN. So I was able to get a business license under that name. Thanks anyway!

ENDelt260
09-17-2004, 07:22 AM
Psssst.... Phobia's a smartass. Don't take his posts seriously.

morphius
09-17-2004, 07:22 AM
Here we have common n00b mistake number one, taking Ph(il)obia seriously.

Ari Chi3fs
09-17-2004, 07:24 AM
I is just wants to say, dat your place is well wicked and all. but your tv is smaller than my dong, and I is not that well hung, Respek to your bitch , tho. I think if I is look hard enough, I cun see a spot on dat deer wall where you can put a sticker or wo-eva.

MOhillbilly
09-17-2004, 07:30 AM
Killer.

Brian Myles
09-17-2004, 07:36 AM
Can I live with you?

Mark M
09-17-2004, 07:38 AM
So ... when's the party and what's the address?

MM
~~:D

StcChief
09-17-2004, 07:39 AM
Very nice setup.

Scaga
09-17-2004, 08:10 AM
Nice....except for all the Dolphin's shit.. ;)
The only thing missing from the Dophin collection is the remaining '72 players CHOAKING on their annual champaign. :thumb: :Lin:

Chiefs38119
09-17-2004, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the advice about Phobia and the additional feedback. As for the tv, i know it isn't what I should have out there. My wife has promised me a HDTV no smaller than 54 inches this November as my anniversary present. I want to add a couple more tvs also. I can have 2 tvs out there with Direct TV & NFL Sunday Ticket and I want two more for the local games as well. I will post our next party. We do have an annual Super Bowl Party. This years will be IV. We have only lived in this house for 3 years. The bar has been in the works for 2. Keep the feedback coming. Thanks again.

Phobia
09-17-2004, 08:44 AM
Dude, I was only kidding. I'm not even X-factor no matter how much I like tights.

Nice room. Don't listen to these people about the size of your TV's. I've never understood the need for big TV's. If you want a bigger picture, move closer. Jeesh.

Nzoner
09-17-2004, 08:55 AM
Props on your bar 38119.

As for mine,I wish I 'd went with 3 more tv's,when there's 10 early games on it really sucks having to miss 3.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=31682&stc=1

JimNasium
09-17-2004, 08:59 AM

Time to go to work?

Braincase
09-17-2004, 09:02 AM
Um, Couch?

ENDelt260
09-17-2004, 09:17 AM
Props on your bar 38119.

As for mine,I wish I 'd went with 3 more tv's,when there's 10 early games on it really sucks having to miss 3.

Prediction.... at 3 am, KcMizzou and I will somehow find seven different Skinemax movies...

Swanman
09-17-2004, 09:37 AM
Props on your bar 38119.

Holy christ, after seeing that setup I had to run to the bathroom for a quick cleanup.

ChiefsOne
09-17-2004, 01:00 PM
Cool place Chiefs38119! I do come to Memphis a few times a year and will let you know next time. Hopefully I can make it during a game and watch at you place, maybe we'll even get lucky and the Fish not be on at the same time!

When I run out of money at Tunica, I will have a place to stay! ; )

Chiefs38119
09-17-2004, 01:12 PM
Dude, I was only kidding. I'm not even X-factor no matter how much I like tights.

Nice room. Don't listen to these people about the size of your TV's. I've never understood the need for big TV's. If you want a bigger picture, move closer. Jeesh.

No harm. Didn't take it very seriously, just showing I don't back down. I will be with you all in spirit this weekend while I watch from my home in TN. Do some screaming for me...................

Chiefs38119
09-17-2004, 01:14 PM
Prediction.... at 3 am, KcMizzou and I will somehow find seven different Skinemax movies...
Now I know what others were referencing earlier. Damn, you definitely have the viewing setup. Very nice, maybe one day after I convince my wife to buy a much larger house, I can have one of those that you got.

Chiefs38119
09-17-2004, 01:18 PM
Cool place Chiefs38119! I do come to Memphis a few times a year and will let you know next time. Hopefully I can make it during a game and watch at you place, maybe we'll even get lucky and the Fish not be on at the same time!

When I run out of money at Tunica, I will have a place to stay! ; )
That would be cool. My wife watches her fish in the Den. I entertain in the bar and watch usually a local game and the Chiefs simultaneously. You definitely could stay if you wanted. We have a guest room. A fellow Chiefs fan in town visiting is always a reason for a party.

R&GHomer
09-17-2004, 01:24 PM
Awesome Digs bro.

Ultra Peanut
09-17-2004, 01:27 PM
Memphis sucks for sports, but we make the best of it.

What Memphis do you live in? We have what is now a top 25 college football team that averaged over 40,000 a game and won a bowl last year, a top 25 college basketball team that has been in the top 10 in attendance each of the past four years and hasn't been out of the top 25 in attendance in something like eight years, one of the best minor league ballparks in the nation featuring the team with the top attendance in all of minor league baseball, and an NBA team that, along with the aforementioned college team, is moving into a sparkling new facility just off of Beale Street that just opened this month.

Six or seven years ago, yeah, you could say "Memphis sucks for sports," but not now.

Demonpenz
09-17-2004, 01:31 PM

Hopefully lord of the g strings is on

Demonpenz
09-17-2004, 01:32 PM
I would have to agree memphis sucks for sports fans

ENDelt260
09-17-2004, 01:32 PM
Hopefully lord of the g strings is on
That move rocks.

Pants
09-17-2004, 01:40 PM
That move rocks.

Yeah they had the Ugliest actresses in that one. Wow... it was so cheap too, I thought it was a joke when I saw it on HBO once.

ENDelt260
09-17-2004, 01:45 PM
Yeah they had the Ugliest actresses in that one. Wow... it was so cheap too, I thought it was a joke when I saw it on HBO once.
Well... it kinda is. If I'm remembering right, the actress you're thinking of is Misty Mundae. She's in a few other cheesy spoofs like that. Another favorite of mine is Playmate of the Apes. There's a f*cking bright pink gorilla in that movie. How can you not love that?

ENDelt260
09-17-2004, 01:46 PM
http://www.seductioncinema.com/2003/lord_of_gstrings/images/612385102790.jpg

Chiefs38119
09-17-2004, 01:51 PM
What Memphis do you live in? We have what is now a top 25 college football team that averaged over 40,000 a game and won a bowl last year, a top 25 college basketball team that has been in the top 10 in attendance each of the past four years and hasn't been out of the top 25 in attendance in something like eight years, one of the best minor league ballparks in the nation featuring the team with the top attendance in all of minor league baseball, and an NBA team that, along with the aforementioned college team, is moving into a sparkling new facility just off of Beale Street that just opened this month.

Six or seven years ago, yeah, you could say "Memphis sucks for sports," but not now.
Same Memphis.................... The fans here only support winning teams. Look at what happened to the Riverkings this year. As soon as they started losing more games than winning, attendance slid. When it was evident that they were not going to the playoffs, the Xplorers had a larger crowd and I still meet people every day that don't even know we have an AF2 team. Everyone knows we have a hockey team. Everyone booed the Titans when they were in Memphis, however, as soon as they went to the Superbowl, now you see Titan fans everywhere. Should I go on. The media here doesn't cover sports very well outside of the Redbirds and Griz. I can't even watch CFL here. Man I can rant and rave all day about the majority of the "fans" and the media in Memphis and how they lack fidelity. I know it doesn't apply to all of the fans, but most. Xplorers made the playoffs for the first time ever this season and sealed a seat with a few games left. The last home game the crowd was 3 times the normal size. My wife and I and our friends that attend every game got our tailgating shutdown this year by the DCC. Now after we blasted them using the media, they have announced that it will be allowed and they want to meet with us to work out details. I will stop for now. I am at work and am getting pretty worked up. I look forward to a dispute about the comments I made. It definitely is not the best town for sports and I hope to God there isn't any worse. If you are from KC, you should agree. If not, you may never know what a real sports town is.

By the way, did you even know memphis had more sports than a college and a pro basketball team? Doesn't sound like it......................

Ultra Peanut
09-17-2004, 02:14 PM
Same Memphis.................... The fans here only support winning teams. I find it hilarious how some people act like Memphis (or [insert city here]) is the only city on the planet that supports winning teams better than losing teams.

Memphis Tigers appearances in the basketball top 25 in attendance, since 1980-1981: 1983 (#23), 1986 (#22), 1992 (#8), 1993 (#12), 1996 (#16), 1998 (#18), 1999 (#20), 2000 (#25), 2001 (#6), 2002 (#10), 2003 (#7), 2004 (#10)

Note that before 1991-1992, the Tigers were playing in the 10,000-seat Mid-South Coliseum, and that the span from the post-Finch era to the Calipari era was the worst on-court stretch in the history of the program since the 1950s.

Memphis Tigers football attendance:

2003: 40,662 (9-4)
2002: 29,257 (3-9)
2001: 25,446 (5-6)
2000: 30,287 (4-7)
1999: 26,933 (5-6)

The Rip Scherer era: Extremely boring and extremely mediocre. Not exactly going to pack 'em in, but seeing as we had a thirty-two year bowl drought prior to last year, not too awful in comparison to other programs who have gone through similar stretches.

The Redbirds have been battling Sacramento for the top spot in minor league attendance since moving to AZP in 2000, and retook the top spot this year. Let me guess, you're going to say they only go for the ballpark. Amazing how new ballparks in other cities spike attendance for short periods of time, but AZP is the only thing that's sustained the Redbirds' attendance. Couldn't be that the city loves baseball, or anything.

Everyone booed the Titans when they were in MemphisRightly so. Adams and crew shat on this city and expected us to lap it up. We didn't and got lambasted in the national media.

however, as soon as they went to the Superbowl, now you see Titan fans everywhere.Wow, there are bandwagon fans in Memphis? This must be the only city in the nation with those!

I can't even watch CFL here.Welcome to a place we like to refer to as America.

By the way, did you even know memphis had more sports than a college and a pro basketball team? Doesn't sound like it......................I mentioned the four big teams. I don't think the Riverkings, Xplorers (I'm related to Danton, and root for them, but I can't get into arena football), or Xpress are really huge drawing points, being in the minor minor leagues, and things like the Liberty Bowl, SHC, FESJC, and Kroger/St. Jude Classic are annual one-off events. I do miss the Maniax, though, and wish I'd been around to see the Showboats.

It definitely is not the best town for sportsDid I say that? But for a city with a sports history as rough and littered by disappointments (see Memphis Tigers football 1972-2002 and the countless dashed NFL expansion efforts) and failures (see the ABA, the WFL, and the USFL, for starters; not the Southmen/Grizzlies and Showboats, mind you -- they were both very successful franchises, and the Grizzlies actually fought to enter the NFL when the WFL folded), we're in pretty damn good shape.

It figures your primary interest is a team based in DeSoto County, Mississippi.

and I hope to God there isn't any worse.Now you're just being retarded.

Go die in a fire.

ENDelt260
09-17-2004, 02:17 PM
Go die in a fire.

ROFL Solid closing.

ChiefsOne
09-17-2004, 02:33 PM
That would be cool. My wife watches her fish in the Den. I entertain in the bar and watch usually a local game and the Chiefs simultaneously. You definitely could stay if you wanted. We have a guest room. A fellow Chiefs fan in town visiting is always a reason for a party[QUOTE]

Would love to look you up when in Memphis. Just joking about the guest room, we usually stay in Tunica when in town and drive up to Memphis to do stuff.

BTW Memphis people, what are they going to do with the Pyramid?

ENDelt260
09-17-2004, 02:35 PM
BTW Memphis people, what are they going to do with the Pyramid?

Host a boxing match in it? :shrug:

Ultra Peanut
09-17-2004, 02:45 PM
Host a boxing match in it? :shrug:The Roy Jones Jr. fight is going to be at FedExForum.

There are still a lot of ideas being kicked around for what to do with the Pyramid. Haven't heard a lot about it lately.

ENDelt260
09-17-2004, 02:47 PM
There are still a lot of ideas being kicked around for what to do with the Pyramid. Haven't heard a lot about it lately.

Is there something wrong with it?

Ultra Peanut
09-17-2004, 03:04 PM
Is there something wrong with it?Nothing really, aside from being an incredibly drab, uncomfortable, and spectacularly mediocre sports arena.

ChiefsOne
09-17-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by ENDelt260
Is there something wrong with it?[QUOTE]

Just closing it down. Spent tons of money building a really cool architecture piece and not going to be used anymore. The city built a new place called FedEx Forum just a few blocks away and have contracts with the Tigers and Grizzleys.

Chiefs38119
09-17-2004, 03:35 PM
[QUOTE=Psicosis]
Memphis Tigers football attendance:

2003: 40,662 (9-4)
2002: 29,257 (3-9)
2001: 25,446 (5-6)
2000: 30,287 (4-7)
1999: 26,933 (5-6)

OK, so their attendance Improved with their record. Good point!!!!!!!!!

The Redbirds have been battling Sacramento for the top spot in minor league attendance since moving to AZP in 2000, and retook the top spot this year. Let me guess, you're going to say they only go for the ballpark. Amazing how new ballparks in other cities spike attendance for short periods of time, but AZP is the only thing that's sustained the Redbirds' attendance. Couldn't be that the city loves baseball, or anything.

Ok, now tell everyone in the thread how well the Redbirds have done since coming to Memphis. Pretty damn good huh?

Rightly so. Adams and crew shat on this city and expected us to lap it up. We didn't and got lambasted in the national media.

Memphis screwed Memphis out of a NFL team, not the owner. Every team that ever moves to Memphis is a test for Memphis. Why would anyone want to move a team here if there is not going to be any attendance if they have a bad season?

I Did I say that? But for a city with a sports history as rough and littered by disappointments (see Memphis Tigers football 1972-2002 and the countless dashed NFL expansion efforts) and failures (see the ABA, the WFL, and the USFL, for starters; not the Southmen/Grizzlies and Showboats, mind you -- they were both very successful franchises, and the Grizzlies actually fought to enter the NFL when the WFL folded), we're in pretty damn good shape.

Maybe there would not have been as many disappointments if they had better media coverage and fan support.

It figures your primary interest is a team based in DeSoto County, Mississippi.

F___ You! They are based in the hearts of the true fans that sat through 3 bad seasons before this great last season. Where they play is just geography. If you knew anything about me and read the first post in this thread, you would know that my passion is football, but I am willing to stand up and fight for all of the other sports of any sort that come to Memphis! I hope that the Xplorers move to the new FedEx Forum or even the Pyramid. I would drive to Little Rock to see them play if I have to. Oh wait, we do. We also drive to Louisville, Columbus, GA, Huntsville and Birmingham to see them play.

Open your eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chiefs38119
09-17-2004, 03:48 PM
Well, I am off. We are going out of town until Sunday morning! If anyone replies to my posts and I had not answered by the end of the game Sunday, you may want to post again. I will be gone too long this weekend to try to keep up with all the posts and try to respond on Sunday. I don't limit myself to just watching the Chiefs, and my wife's fish are playing Sunday night. Have a good weekend all and Go Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, that even includes you Psicosis.

Wait revelation: You miss spelled your user name. Didn't you mean:

psoriasis

n : a chronic skin disease characterized by dry red patches covered with scales; occurs especially on the scalp and ears and genitalia and the skin over bony prominences.

Glad I could help straighten that out for you..........

ENDelt260
09-17-2004, 03:49 PM
Looks like Psi made a new friend.

He has such people skills.

KcMizzou
09-17-2004, 03:51 PM
Looks like Psi made a new friend.

He has such people skills. Cute isn't it? He's like a little Skip.

ENDelt260
09-17-2004, 03:53 PM
Cute isn't it? He's like a little Skip.
Hahahahaha.

He's gonna kick your ass.

Bowser
09-17-2004, 04:36 PM
Cute isn't it? He's like a little Skip.

ROFL

Ultra Peanut
09-17-2004, 05:52 PM
OK, so their attendance Improved with their record. Good point!!!!!!!!!Shocking, isn't it? I'm amazed that more people would come out to watch a good team than a bad one. I'm sure that's never happened in any other city in the history of the world.

Point being, the Tigers were AWFUL under Rip Scherer. Awful product, awful results. Yet the Tigers were still well-supported, compared to the rest of I-A. Comparably terrible non-BCS schools, and even lots of better on-field teams, were drawing the same as or worse than the Tigers.

Ok, now tell everyone in the thread how well the Redbirds have done since coming to Memphis. Pretty damn good huh?
2004: 73-71, #2 in PCL East (9 games back)
2003: 64-79, #4 in PCL East (17 games back)
2002: 71-71, #4 in PCL East (3 games back)
2001: 62-81, #4 in PCL East (22 games back)
2000: 82-61, #1 in PCL East (won PCL, lost in AAA World Series)

So they've won their division once and finished last in their division three times since moving to AZP. I'll leave it up to you to determine whether that's "pretty damn good."

Memphis screwed Memphis out of a NFL team, not the owner. Every team that ever moves to Memphis is a test for Memphis. When did I say anything about being "screwed" out of an NFL team? I said Bud Adams' bunch treated the city like it was worthless, and expected to get flowers and kisses in return. They didn't reach out to the community, they didn't advertise, and the only player that actually bothered to show up to public appearances was Eddie George. The team was already Nashville's, the city knew that, and the franchise acted like it. They did everything except play the games in Nashville, but expected Memphis to embrace Nashville's team after Memphis had scrapped and fought since at least the '70s for an NFL franchise.

Why would anyone want to move a team here if there is not going to be any attendance if they have a bad season?Just because you manufacture something and pretend it's correct doesn't mean it is. Just ask the Tigers (in football since the 70s and basketball during the Tic Price era) and Redbirds about your fallacy. Just check out the Showboats and the Southmen/Grizzlies, both of whom did very well in attendance in leagues that failed through no fault of Memphis'. Hell, even the Rogues (~14,000 or so) weren't too bad, considering how awful the team was and the fact that some NASL teams were drawing as little as 5,000 per game.

Maybe there would not have been as many disappointments if they had better media coverage and fan support.Better media coverage of what? The CA and the local stations are far from great, but I seem to remember a lot of coverage of things like the Grizzlies in the playoffs (a 50-win NBA team; yet another example of the complete dearth of sporting attractions Memphis has to offer :rolleyes: ) and the Tigers' trip to the New Orleans Bowl last year (didn't get to see much of that, though, being in New Orleans). I remember the Tigers being on the front page of the CA after the N.O. Bowl win and the win over Mississippi last year, too. I'm not saying it's perfect; far from it. But it's a hell of a lot better than you seem to think.

By the way, have you seen the coverage of some of Memphis' C-USA conference-mates? Most of them are lucky to get even half the amount of the attention that the Memphis media gives to the Tigers. Cincinnati's paper didn't even send a reporter down here to cover the football game last year.

As for fan support, hey, if you still want to believe Memphis is such an awful sports city when it comes to fan support, go for it.

Personally, I think you're just bitter because a lot of people from the city don't want to go down to Mississippi to see a team in the minor league of a minor league play. Would I love to see the Xplorers average 6,000 a game next season? Definitely. But it's an af2 team, and it's not the barometer of fan support for sports in this city. The Tigers (basketball and football), the Redbirds, and the success of events like the Liberty Bowl and SHC (drawing 50,000 each annually) argue my point for me.

F___ You! They are based in the hearts of the true fans that sat through 3 bad seasons before this great last season. Wow, three seasons. Memphis Tigers fans sat through a three decade bowl drought before getting a great season last year. Of course, that group of about 25,000 die hards that was there every fall Saturday at the Liberty Bowl is written off by you because Memphis is such a "horrible" sports city.

If you knew anything about me and read the first post in this thread, you would know that my passion is footballSo is mine, and I don't appreciate it when someone calls the city that's home to my favorite football team a bad sports city, when it comes to either results or support. Especially when it's a statement that's wholly ludicrous. If you truly believe Memphis is the WORST SPORTS CITY IN THE WORLD, you need to get out and see more than just the DCC.

but I am willing to stand up and fight for all of the other sports of any sort that come to Memphis! So why are you dogging the city and its teams? Sounds like you're more interested in trying to tear down what we've got than help them grow even stronger.

I would drive to Little Rock to see them play if I have to. Oh wait, we do. We also drive to Louisville, Columbus, GA, Huntsville and Birmingham to see them play.Good for you. I went to Hattiesburg, Louisville, and New Orleans last year following the Tigers. Over 10,000 Tiger fans went down to Oxfart to see them beat Mississippi. I'm taking the short trip to Jonesboro tomorrow along with about 8,000 other Tiger fans to see our #25 Tigers take on Arkansas State.

Do you want a cookie for being a die-hard fan of a team that's been in existence all of five years, or something?

Open your eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!My eyes are open. Just because you're dead-set on being miserable about the "horrible" sports scene in Memphis doesn't make it so.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make shit stop coming out of his mouth if he doesn't want to stop spewing it.

ENDelt260
09-17-2004, 05:57 PM
Wow... an argument on a Chiefs board about how shitty of a sports town Memphis is or isn't..... wait, I think I know just the thing for this...

ENDelt260
09-17-2004, 05:58 PM
Wow... an argument on a Chiefs board about how shitty of a sports town Memphis is or isn't..... wait, I think I know just the thing for this...
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=31644&stc=1

:D

Ultra Peanut
09-17-2004, 05:59 PM
THIEF!!!!!!!!! ROFL

Ultra Peanut
09-17-2004, 06:02 PM
the more think I think of I think you need give me seven thirty american dollar.

ENDelt260
09-17-2004, 06:11 PM
Shut up, Skip Jr.

Ultra Peanut
09-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Shut up, Skip Jr.That's cold, man.

That's cold.