PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

Skip Towne
09-17-2004, 06:57 PM
My daughter just turned 16 and she found a '94 Grand Am for $500. She was told the engine got hot and blew up. She then found a replacement engine at a salvage yard for $475. She lives with her mother 300 miles from where I live so I arranged for a buddy of mine to do the swap. My buddy found that the engine was good but it needed a new water pump. By this time, she had paid the salvage yard $300 toward the engine. When she informed the salvage guy she would not be needing the engine he said he would only give her credit, not her money back. I called him and got nowhere so I told him I would sue him for it unless he gave her $250 back. He agreed. When she went to collect, he asked for her receipt and then tore it up and cursed her and told her not to come back. I had her send a certified letter and he called today and got my ex and he cursed her and got very abusive. I'm going to go ahead and sue but thought maybe someone had a better idea. She is just 16 and made the deal herself with no help. Does that matter?

JimNasium
09-17-2004, 07:00 PM
Violence is the only answer.

KcMizzou
09-17-2004, 07:02 PM
I called him and got nowhere so I told him I would sue him for it unless he gave her $250 back. He agreed. When she went to collect, he asked for her receipt and then tore it up and cursed her and told her not to come back. Wow... that's seriously f*cked up. I doubt he'd have done that if he wasn't dealing with a 16 yr old girl.

I don't know anything about your chances in court, but he seriously needs his ass kicked. :shake:

Best of luck...

Skip Towne
09-17-2004, 07:02 PM
Violence is the only answer.
I agree. I think I'll have cousin Guido pay him a visit.

Saulbadguy
09-17-2004, 07:04 PM
The cold steel of Hatori Hanzo shall lead you to your path towards salvation.

KcMizzou
09-17-2004, 07:05 PM
Btw, you (or he) could pick up a water pump for very little at an O'reilly's.

If you somehow end up needing one... and want a deal on a GM pump... I could get you one for %10 over cost....

Ari Chi3fs
09-17-2004, 07:06 PM
man he tore up her reciept what a fuggin asshole. Good move on his part though. hrmm...

what a shitty businessman...

Skip Towne
09-17-2004, 07:13 PM
Btw, you (or he) could pick up a water pump for very little at an O'reilly's.

If you somehow end up needing one... and want a deal on a GM pump... I could get you one for %10 over cost....
It's all fixed and running but thanks anyway.

KcMizzou
09-17-2004, 07:15 PM
It's all fixed and running but thanks anyway.
Oh, ok.. cool. But the offer stands if you ever need it.

Skip Towne
09-17-2004, 07:16 PM
man he tore up her reciept what a fuggin asshole. Good move on his part though. hrmm...

what a shitty businessman...
The receipt incident won't help him as my ex saw her give him the money. She is only 16 and didn't think to make a copy of it. He is a little scrawny dick who we are finding out has had several incidents with other customers.

B2chiefsfan
09-17-2004, 07:23 PM
A knife and a car cigarette lighter should do the trick......

I'd show up and see how abusive this guy would get with me............:mad:

KcMizzou
09-17-2004, 07:25 PM
The receipt incident won't help him as my ex saw her give him the money. She is only 16 and didn't think to make a copy of it. He is a little scrawny dick who we are finding out has had several incidents with other customers. I don't know that it'll help you... but I'd call the better business bureau too... might help the next guy.

WilliamTheIrish
09-17-2004, 07:53 PM
I had a similair problem. Only with my son. Over a part for his car. After being reasonable on the phone and in person the guy went off the deep end and refused to refund my kids money.

I called the BBB and the Attorney General. Handled in 24 hours.

And if that doesn't work, call the EPA. Salvage yards are so heavily regulated they'll shiot their drawers. Tell them they are leaking/dumping oil or coolant or even freon.
Let them pull an inspection on those bastards.

KcMizzou
09-17-2004, 07:56 PM
And if that doesn't work, call the EPA. Salvage yards are so heavily regulated they'll shiot their drawers. Tell them they are leaking/dumping oil or coolant or even freon.
Let them pull an inspection on those bastards. From my experience, it's likely that they are... That'll get their attention for sure.

Bowser
09-17-2004, 07:59 PM
Karma, baby. This prick will be broke down on the highway, your daughter will see him and drive on by. Hopefully while giving him a good look at her flipping him off. You watch, it'll happen! :D

stumppy
09-17-2004, 08:32 PM
UH....is this place anywhere around Springfield? And if so for a paultry $50.00 I'll go to his place of business and......uh well, you get the idea.
;)
:Poke::spank:%(/

Ah hell skip, forget the $50.00. I been needin to have some fun lately anyways.

Skip Towne
09-17-2004, 09:01 PM
I had a similair problem. Only with my son. Over a part for his car. After being reasonable on the phone and in person the guy went off the deep end and refused to refund my kids money.

Let them pull an inspection on those bastards.
Hey, William, that EPA is one great idea right there. I'm going to have the ex call that litle dick and threaten him with it. Thanks.

PastorMikH
09-17-2004, 09:08 PM
Hope everything works out for you Skip.

redsurfer11
09-17-2004, 09:35 PM
Tell him you were a demolitions expert in the Army.When he gets into his car and hears a click, its too late.

Skip Towne
09-17-2004, 10:05 PM
UH....is this place anywhere around Springfield? And if so for a paultry $50.00 I'll go to his place of business and......uh well, you get the idea.
;)
:Poke::spank:%(/

Ah hell skip, forget the $50.00. I been needin to have some fun lately anyways.
Hey Stumppy, I really appreciate the offer. The dick that needs to be "reasoned with" is in Coffeyville, Kan. But it's only 135 miles from Springfield. If my other tactics don't work, I would certainly be willing to pay mileage. Like, you collect the $300, you keep it. I'll let you know.

Phobia
09-17-2004, 11:46 PM
I'd challenge him to a round of golf with my driver and a 5 iron for all the money.

Fairplay
09-18-2004, 01:31 AM
amTheIrish]

Let them pull an inspection on those bastards.[/QUOTE]

A lot of truth here. By brother-in-law works as a manager for used car parts. Workers tear down cars, clean up parts and resell. Hes always worried over the EPA guys coming in and giving inspections. Big fines for a lot of things if its not right. Especially with chemicals and such.

Good luck on your situation Skip.

Rukdafaidas
09-18-2004, 05:04 AM
Ask Bwana, he seems to always have good revenge ideas.

Skip Towne
09-18-2004, 07:21 AM
I PMed Bwana to obtain his expert opinion. I hope he's not off killing bears or something.

Bwana
09-18-2004, 07:39 AM

Let them pull an inspection on those bastards.Other than a bonus beating, I like this and this would be a good start. :thumb: First you want to get your money back and you don't want it to cost you a lot of time and money. If you sue, it will cost you both. Call every swing'n dick agency you can think of to turn the heat up on the guy. EVERY business is regulated by some higher power. Also call the cops and have them go in there with your exwife and or daughter after telling them what happened. (it wouldn't hurt for them to mention that they "fear for their saftey" when they call. Cops get worked up over this.) By turning up the heat, he will chit your money. After you get your money and if you want to even the score :) a call to the EPA from a "concerned citizen" telling them about the, various dead animals, loose junk,those nasty gas and oil spills along with other evil things, will go along way in making his life exciting and challenging for weeks to come. :hmmm:

Cntrygal
09-18-2004, 08:55 AM
Even in the SOB finally coughs up the money, I'd STILL call the EPA, OSHA, and for good measure call PETA and tell them that this guy is killing off little animals.

GOOD LUCK!

chief52
09-18-2004, 09:05 AM
Even in the SOB finally coughs up the money, I'd STILL call the EPA, OSHA, and for good measure call PETA and tell them that this guy is killing off little animals.

GOOD LUCK!

I like the PETA touch... ROFL

WilliamTheIrish
09-18-2004, 10:39 AM
After you get your money and if you want to even the score a call to the EPA from a "concerned citizen" telling them about the, various....

Exactly right Bwana. Exhaust all the other possibilities first. Get the money first. For good measure when calling the EPA it's good to have several calls from different folks complaining, that way you look like a guy w/o an axe to grind.

The Pedestrian
09-18-2004, 02:00 PM
He probably spends the money as soon as he gets it and has very little around, so since he most likely won't have enough to pay your daughter back, I suggest that you make him pay through the hole you blow in his gut.

Braincase
09-18-2004, 02:34 PM
I'd normally suggest the ol' Four Paws Housebreaking Fluid, but at a salvage yard, how could you tell?