PDA

View Full Version : So Where's the "Chiefs Planet"-like Forum For Panthers Fans?

RINGLEADER
09-17-2004, 10:30 PM
Just curious to see what the other side thinks about the upcoming game...

J Diddy
09-17-2004, 10:39 PM
http://panthers.hosttown.com/

tk13
09-17-2004, 10:41 PM
Click below... :)

Skip Towne
09-17-2004, 10:47 PM
I went over there earlier this week and there wasn't one word mentioned about the Chiefs. Only about Steve Smith and their inability to stretch the field without him.

J Diddy
09-17-2004, 10:55 PM
I went over there earlier this week and there wasn't one word mentioned about the Chiefs. Only about Steve Smith and their inability to stretch the field without him.

I went there and it was sort of boring.

No not sorta, really boring.

KcMizzou
09-17-2004, 10:56 PM
Are you kidding? No NFL forum is "Chiefs-Planet"-like.. :harumph:

RINGLEADER
09-17-2004, 11:03 PM

Of course not.

I meant to say "Chiefs Planet"-<B>lite</B>

;)

Valiant
09-18-2004, 12:11 AM
says they took down the forum features....

David.
09-18-2004, 12:19 AM
wow, hardcore meltdown there. I don't blame them, if Tony and Priest went down think how we'd feel. We'd be Vladish to say the least.

Mile High Mania
09-18-2004, 09:59 AM
www.panthersfreak.com

Bowser
09-18-2004, 10:01 AM
www.panthersfreak.com

What's up MHM? Who do the Donks play tomorrow?

38yrsfan
09-18-2004, 10:14 AM

I've been looking at other team boards and I'd have to agree. :thumb:

38yrsfan
09-18-2004, 10:18 AM
http://panthers.theinsiders.com/

Mile High Mania
09-18-2004, 10:21 AM
What's up MHM? Who do the Donks play tomorrow?

Your beloved Donks :p travel to Jacksonville to face the Jagyuwahs. Isn't that how they pronounce it on the car commercials?

Htismaqe believes the Jags are going to drill the Broncos... while I truly expect the Jags to field a much better defense and control the Broncos' offense to a degree ... I have no fear of them offensivley.

Yes - Holmes did damage last week, but Taylor just ain't quite at that same level. Bailey will take Smith out of the picture and there really aren't any other proven receivers on that team. Taylor will have to be contained and he could have success, but I just don't see the Jags getting more than 300 total yards - maybe.

The Broncos' offense could be contained as well, but if it's a low scoring game (which it could very well be), I see the Broncos coming out on top by 3-7 points.

Denver 20
Jags 17

Bowser
09-18-2004, 10:25 AM
Yeah, from what little I saw of the Jags last week, Leftwich didn't look all that comfortable. That TD pass made it on a wing and a prayer.

Taylor is still an upper echelon back, but I don't know much about their O-Line situation. Should be a decent game.

All that being said, the Donks will lose 65-13. "My beloved Broncos", indeed! :grr:

Ari Chi3fs
09-18-2004, 10:28 AM
Panthers vs. Chiefs Overview -- Posted by bthomas on Friday, September 17 2004
By Brad Thomas

Last Week
The Panthers enter Arrowhead Stadium 0-1 after being soundly defeated by the Green Bay Packers on Monday Night Football 24-14. Two crucial turnovers back-to-back in the third quarter put the Panthers in a hole that they couldn’t claw out of. Part of the Packers’ offensive game plan was to bring in Offensive Tackle Kevin Barry as an eligible receiver to help nullify the Panthers’ defensive front seven.

The Chiefs come in 0-1 after being defeated last week by the Broncos 34-24 at Invesco Field at Mile High. The Chiefs defense allowed Quentin Griffin to rush for 156 yards on 23 carries and 2 touchdowns. Broncos Quarterback Jake Plummer threw for 230 yards, 2 touchdowns and 2 interceptions on 18 of 29 passing.

On the flip side of the ball, Chiefs Running Back Priest Holmes rushed for 151 yards and 3 touchdowns on 26 carries, while Trent Green passed for an uncharacteristic 174 yards, no touchdowns and 1 interception on 16 of 32 passing.

Injury Report (as of Friday, September 17, 2004)
Panthers – The only person listed on the Injury Report for the Panthers is Wide Receiver Steve Smith with a Broken Leg, who is expected to miss 8 – 12 weeks.

Chiefs – Tight End Kris Wilson is out, (ankle). Corner Back William Bartee (neck), Linebacker Keyaron Fox (quadicep), Defensive End Vonnie Holliday (groin), Linebacker Kawika Mitchell (ankle), Wide Receiver Samie Parker (hamstring) and Safety Greg Wesley (hamstring) are all listed as Questionable. Corner Back Dexter McCleon (shoulder), Corner Back Eric Warfield (knee), and Guard Brian Waters (biceps) are listed as probable.

Panthers Offense vs. Chiefs Defense
The Panthers offensive line struggled against the Green Bay defense last week, but to their credit, Green Bay made them look much worse by blitzing on nearly every play. After the two key back-to-back fumbles, the Panthers were forced to throw more than they’d like to, taking the dynamic Running Back duo of Stephen Davis and DeShaun Foster out of the game. As of Thursday, Left Guard Tutan Reyes was practicing with the first team, and Doug Brzezinski, who up to this point had been labeled a disappointment, was practicing at the first team Right Guard position ahead of 33 year old Rich Tylski.

One move, or lack thereof that puzzled reporters Thursday was that Right Tackle Matt Willig was still practicing with the starters. Willig, who entered the NFL as a Defensive End in1992 with the New York Jets has not been an every down player in 7 years, where he started 13 games at Right Tackle for the Atlanta Falcons in 1997. That year, the Falcons went 7-9 and were ranked 22nd in the NFL in Offense.

The Chiefs defense is ranked 21st in the NFL after week one, giving up 413 yards in 66 plays to the Broncos. Denver made 5 out of 12 3rd down conversions for a 41.7% conversion rate. Kansas City intercepted Plummer twice, caused 1 fumble, and had 2 sacks (both by Defensive Lineman). Kansas City’s defense gave up 202 yards on the ground to the Broncos’ rushing attack.

The Chiefs are battling injuries on the defensive side of the ball, which means one of the worst defensive units in the NFL gets weaker. Since being drafted in 2002 with the sixth pick overall, Defensive Lineman Ryan Sims has been a borderline disappointment. Missing most of the 2002 season with an injury, Sims started every game in 2003 totaling 39 tackles, 3 sacks and 1 interception. He is a good one-gap penetrator who is much more suited for interior pass rushing than defending the run. He is a powerful tackler but can be beat if the Panthers give him a heavy dose of Stephen Davis up the middle. The other Defensive Tackle is John Browning, who had 39 tackles and 7 sacks in 2002, but 42 tackles and only 0.5 sacks in 2003 in 16 games. The knock on Browning is that he lacks power and can’t control the point of attack. He struggles to shed blockers and is often taken out of the play. If there is one area of attack to the Chiefs defense, it’s up the middle. Defensive End Vonnie Holliday is also questionable this week with a strained groin, and there has been talk of moving Defensive Tackle John Browning to End against the Panthers. Look for Davis and Foster to run most effectively behind Left Guard Tutan Reyes and Center Jeff Mitchell right at the interior line of Kansas City.

Starting in his second game ever, Middle Line Backer Monty Beisel is in for a tough night. Beisel is tall and lanky, standing 6’ 3” tall and weighing in at 238lbs. He plays with good speed but must learn to not be overwhelmed by bigger lineman. He’s thought of as a work in progress. Last week vs. Denver Beisel led all tacklers with 7 tackles and had one interception.

Kansas City’s Secondary may be in shambles. Both starting Corner Backs, Dexter McCleon and Eric Warfield are nursing injuries and are on the injured list as probably. Top Back up William Bartee is listed as questionable with a neck injury and will probably be held out vs. the Panthers. Starting Strong Safety Greg Wesley is listed as questionable with a hamstring injury, which leaves second year Safety Willie Pile to fill the void. Expect Panthers Wide Receivers Muhsin Muhammad, Ricky Proehl and Rookie Keary Colbert to be able to create separation and find holes in the coverage to exploit the Chiefs’ pass coverage.

Panthers Defense vs. Chiefs Offense
The Chiefs have what has been one of the more prolific running games of the last few years. Running Back Priest Holmes led the NFL in 2003 with 27 touchdowns, and the Offensive Line is widely regarded as one of the best in the NFL. Based on last week’s performance, The Panthers defense might struggle to stop the rushing attack of Kansas City. The Panthers gave up 152 yards on 47 carries against the Packers in week 1. Holmes is not the only offensive weapon that the Chiefs possess. Tight End Tony Gonzales is constantly one of the best in the NFL. Gonzales started every game last season and totaled 916 yards receiving and 10 touchdowns. He knows how to get open and find seams in the defensive coverage. Look for the Panthers to focus more on trying to stop Holmes and getting burned by Gonzales. The Panthers Linebackers have not covered the Tight Ends well in their last 5 games (preseason and week 1), and look for that to continue against the Chiefs.

One area of concern may be Wide Receiver Donte Hall. Hall, who is a devastating kick returner, was forced into the lineup due to injuries to the Chiefs’ Wide Receiving corps. He is extremely fast and agile, and could burn the Panthers inexperienced secondary deep.

Last week, the Packers used an extra Offensive Tackle to effectively negate the power of the Panthers much heralded pass rush. Since Gonzales is not a good blocker for a Tight End, Kansas City may do the same on 3rd downs. The Chiefs were an abysmal 4 of 13 (30.8%) in third down conversions last week against the Broncos. Green Bay’s third down conversion rate was 62.5% against the Panthers in week one. Something’s got to give. The Panthers have made the third down defense an emphasis this week.

In an interview with KCFX FM earlier this week, Chiefs Head Coach Dick Vermeil had this to say about the Panthers Defensive line:

“I think (Kris) Jenkins is the best defensive tackle I have seen in a couple of years. I really do. He is a good football player. They drafted him in the second round and he plays like a first rounder. He is a good player. Of course Julius Peppers and the other fellow on the right side (DE Mike Rucker) is a fine defensive end. It will be a challenge. I am concerned more about my right tackle position because (T) John Welbourn is only playing his second game at right tackle and he struggled some last week. As competitive as he is and as tough as he is I think he will be better this week because he is going to have to be.” – courtesy of KCChiefs.com
(KCChiefs.com Article Link)

Panthers Probable Game Plan
Offense
Look for the Panthers to give ample opportunities for Stephen Davis up the middle and Foster sweeps to the outside. The running game is key for the panthers this week, who are playing without Wide Receiver Steve Smith. Once the running game is rolling, the Panthers will mix in some play-action to get the secondary to bite on the run and help the Panthers Receivers get open.

Defense
The Panthers had a pitiful outing on the defensive side of the ball last week against Green Bay, and it damaged their pride some. Look for the intensity to be ratcheted up a notch. Holmes is dangerous both receiving and running, and could burn the Panthers big when the Panthers blitz. The Panthers will continue to try to get penetration with their front four, and try to keep their linebackers watching out for Holmes and Gonzalez.

Bowser
09-18-2004, 10:43 AM
Well, so much for THAT probable offensive game plan.

And, lmao at "Monty Beisel is thought of as a work in progress. He led all tacklers with 7 stops, and an interception." WTF does a guy need to do for a little respect around here??

BigRedChief
09-18-2004, 03:39 PM
Those guys think they are just going to walk in here like they did last year against the RAms and walk out with a win because of our crappy defense. I'll go visit again on Monday..

go bowe
09-18-2004, 03:58 PM
Those guys think they are just going to walk in here like they did last year against the RAms and walk out with a win because of our crappy defense. I'll go visit again on Monday..crappy may be a bit harsh for our d...

but then again... :hmmm:

BigRedChief
09-18-2004, 04:15 PM
a spade is a spade. kettle-black, a rose is a rose etc etc