PDA

View Full Version : Bondssss

KChiefsQT
09-18-2004, 02:41 AM
Although I'm not a giants fan.....I liked seeing Bonds hit his 700th homer, kinda an amazing site. I wonder how many he would have hit already if he didn't get walked so many damn times...hehe

tk13
09-18-2004, 02:50 AM
He's the greatest player of our generation... and probably the one great player of this generation I've never been able to see play in person. I really wanna see the guy play in person sometime before he retires.

Katipan
09-18-2004, 02:55 AM
I guess I'm spoiled. We see him all during spring training and then at BOB.

Great hitter. All time wonder. blah blah blah.

Biggest jerk ever pushed out of a vagina.

KChiefsQT
09-18-2004, 02:57 AM
hahahha

tk13
09-18-2004, 02:58 AM
I guess I'm spoiled. We see him all during spring training and then at BOB.

Great hitter. All time wonder. blah blah blah.

Biggest jerk ever pushed out of a vagina.
That may be, but he may also be the greatest baseball player pushed out of one too... :)

Rausch
09-18-2004, 03:02 AM
That may be, but he may also be the greatest baseball player pushed out of one too... :)

Which makes him twice the bagina.

Bonds is a pr!ck. And an unappreciative one at that. The worst kind.

tk13
09-18-2004, 03:13 AM
I don't think he's as bad as people make him out to be. That doesn't mean he's Edgar Friendly, but I think he at least has some appreciation for what he's doing. At least I hope so...

Rausch
09-18-2004, 03:20 AM
I don't think he's as bad as people make him out to be. That doesn't mean he's Edgar Friendly, but I think he at least has some appreciation for what he's doing. At least I hope so...

For what he's doing, yes.

For anyone who isn't Barry Bonds, no...

DJay23
09-18-2004, 06:18 AM
There will be no asterisk next to his homerun count that says:

700 HR*

*Big asshole

Who cares. I respect the guy and the fact that he doesn't bow down to the media. He's a private guy. He also happens to be very blunt and downright rude about it, but damn, the man has hit 700 homeruns. I give him props for not altering his personality to make everyone happy.

I am a big Barry Bonds fan. Would I want to hang out with him? Probably not, but I can at least respect what he did without throwing out a weak caveat like, "But he's a prick."

Crush
09-18-2004, 06:28 AM
Is there anything steroids can't do?

Bowser
09-18-2004, 08:37 AM

It was kind of telling, seeing how many of his teammates swarmed him at home plate after the HR.

Deberg_1990
09-18-2004, 08:44 AM

All true..hes a jerk..no doubt about that.....But im sure there are tons of guys in the Hall of fame who were not exactly "good guys" Especially alot of the old timers that no one from this generation remembers.....Ty Cobb for one.

Braincase
09-18-2004, 08:50 AM
Is there anything steroids can't do?

Give Bonds his credibility back?

Deberg_1990
09-18-2004, 09:12 AM
All true..hes a jerk..no doubt about that.....But im sure there are tons of guys in the Hall of fame who were not exactly "good guys" Especially alot of the old timers that no one from this generation remembers.....Ty Cobb for one.

In fact..the best thing that could have happened to those guys like Cobb is that there was no ESPN, ESPN2, Fox Sports, Best Damn SPorts Show and NO Internet back in those days.

BigRedChief
09-18-2004, 09:14 AM
Bonds is a great ballplayer. One of the best if all time. But IMHO he has cheated and used the juice and besides he's still an asshol and I'm not giving hime props for shi@.

BTW I was there to see MacQuire tie Roger Maris's record. He had the Maris family there. His son was first to greet him and guess what ....there wasnt a barco lounger anywhere to be seen.

BTW, Macquire still looks buff today. If he was on the juice he must still be on it today and why would he do that 3 years after retirment..:hmmm:

Ari Chi3fs
09-18-2004, 09:30 AM
i got his rookie card 1986 Fleer update for $18 a few weeks back. and the 1986 Topps update for $22

ebay loves me.

BigRedChief
09-18-2004, 09:38 AM
i got his rookie card 1986 Fleer update for $18 a few weeks back. and the 1986 Topps update for $22

ebay loves me.
Look at that crap. Ruth, Aaron, Mantle you think your getting their rookie cards for $18.00. There is no way in hell that he every becomes a fan favorite and with his arrogant attitude why should he? We can respect his play on the field and give him a spot in the hall of fame even though he cheated to do it with the juice. but having an adoring public like him forget it....ain't gonna happen

ChiefsFanatic
09-18-2004, 09:54 AM
Although I'm not a giants fan.....I liked seeing Bonds hit his 700th homer, kinda an amazing site. I wonder how many he would have hit already if he didn't get walked so many damn times...hehe

Have you ever confirmed who that is in your avatar?

PunkinDrublic
09-18-2004, 11:24 AM
Who cares if he's a prick or that he allegedly took the juice. Throughout its history baseball has always been tainted. Whether it be segregated leagues, fixing the world series or Scott Boras baseball has always had it's dark underbelly. It's never been this pure pastime that everybody makes it out to be. I hope he breaks the home run record because it's something cool to see in my lifetime.

redhed
09-18-2004, 11:31 AM
They oughta put an asterisk by all of his #s. He's the greatest juicer of our generation. Even bigger than McGuire.

Deberg_1990
09-18-2004, 12:05 PM
Who cares if he's a prick or that he allegedly took the juice. Throughout its history baseball has always been tainted. Whether it be segregated leagues, fixing the world series or Scott Boras baseball has always had it's dark underbelly. It's never been this pure pastime that everybody makes it out to be. I hope he breaks the home run record because it's something cool to see in my lifetime.

He will break it..its almost a given now that hes so close. I remember reading something like a year or so ago that said all he wanted to break was Ruth's record because he was white. He said he didnt care about Aaron's record. I thought that was a totally prick/racist thing to say.

Demonpenz
09-18-2004, 12:45 PM
bonds is about the most overated player of all time of any sport

Katipan
09-18-2004, 12:49 PM
Well, Growth won't help you hit the ball. It'll just make those doubles and triples into home runs.

The man still has to make contact.

tk13
09-18-2004, 02:18 PM
I honestly don't know if the guy does steroids or not... but I think (and believe Big Daddy would agree with me) that Bonds could've build the muscle mass he has now through weight training... I mean, it's not absurd to think "Hey, this guy got serious about his weight training".... just like many other professional athletes. All professional athletes, football, basketball, baseball... they've all gotten bigger, faster, and stronger over the last 10 years. Are they all on the juice? Maybe Bonds is, I don't know... I do think the sad part is that there are probably guys out there who legitimately weight train and people just assume "he's on the roids."

Katipan
09-18-2004, 02:27 PM
Growth is different than most steroids tho. You don't have to take cycles of it forever. It builds the muscle mass and you get to keep it.

He had always hit in the high 30s for his homeruns. His big jump in hitting came when he saw what roids did for Corky and McGuire.

But like it was already said. Baseball is tainted. And steroid freaks work out harder in the gym than anyone else. He's still a truck.

whoman69
09-18-2004, 02:29 PM
I've already seen it from a more humble, much better human being. Henry Aaron had the misfortune to have his chase scarred by idiots sending him death threats because a black man dared to break the great Babe's records.
Bond's record will be tainted by the fact that home runs have become so cheap these days with better equipment, smaller fields and umpires that force the pitchers to throw it right down the middle of the plate for him. They have become so cheap we often see opposite field broken bat home runs.In 1987 with Mike Schmidt entering the 500 home run club there were 15 members of that revered group in the 58 years since Babe Ruth started it. There have been 5 new members in the last 8 years. There are currently 38 different seasons in which a player hit 50 home runs in a season. All but 17 have been done since 1987. This despite the fact that '94 and '95 were strike shortened seasons in which Matt Williams led the league with 43 in just 110 games for '94, and Dante Bichette had 40 in 140 games for '95. There were 2 members of the 60 home run club. There are now 8. During Hank Aaron's entire career from 1954-1976, 23 seasons there were 5 50 home run seasons and a single 60 home run season. During Barry Bonds 18 year career there have been 21 50 home run seasons, 6 60 home run season, and an unheard of 2 seasons with 70+ homers including Bonds record of 73 homers.
Baseball made a special effort to increase home runs since 1996 after two strike marred seasons. Barry Bonds has benefitted from baseball's largess to the tune of 408 homers in the 9 seasons since. Bonds didn't even lose a beat in 1999 despite ending his season with a broken elbow. Somehow despite this broken elbow he was able to miraculously gain 50 lbs of muscle in his upper body. Gee, wonder how he did that?

go bowe
09-18-2004, 02:43 PM
I've already seen it from a more humble, much better human being. Henry Aaron had the misfortune to have his chase scarred by idiots sending him death threats because a black man dared to break the great Babe's records.
Bond's record will be tainted by the fact that home runs have become so cheap these days with better equipment, smaller fields and umpires that force the pitchers to throw it right down the middle of the plate for him. They have become so cheap we often see opposite field broken bat home runs.In 1987 with Mike Schmidt entering the 500 home run club there were 15 members of that revered group in the 58 years since Babe Ruth started it. There have been 5 new members in the last 8 years. There are currently 38 different seasons in which a player hit 50 home runs in a season. All but 17 have been done since 1987. This despite the fact that '94 and '95 were strike shortened seasons in which Matt Williams led the league with 43 in just 110 games for '94, and Dante Bichette had 40 in 140 games for '95. There were 2 members of the 60 home run club. There are now 8. During Hank Aaron's entire career from 1954-1976, 23 seasons there were 5 50 home run seasons and a single 60 home run season. During Barry Bonds 18 year career there have been 21 50 home run seasons, 6 60 home run season, and an unheard of 2 seasons with 70+ homers including Bonds record of 73 homers.
Baseball made a special effort to increase home runs since 1996 after two strike marred seasons. Barry Bonds has benefitted from baseball's largess to the tune of 408 homers in the 9 seasons since. Bonds didn't even lose a beat in 1999 despite ending his season with a broken elbow. Somehow despite this broken elbow he was able to miraculously gain 50 lbs of muscle in his upper body. Gee, wonder how he did that?eating oysters, of course...

Chiefs Pantalones
09-18-2004, 02:48 PM
I don't like baseball but keep up on it because of what I'm going into, and I have to say, he's the best I've ever seen.

I also like him because he doesn't suck up to the media and therefore they don't like him (even though I'll be apart of the media).