PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Davis victim needs help

SNR
09-18-2004, 02:36 PM
I lost Stephen Davis from my fantasy team, and I need some help. So I'm going to have to make a trade, I'm afraid. This one guy offered me this

H. Ward
M. Bulger
J. Jones
T. Jones

for

C. Johnson
C. Garner
C. Pennington

I would be willing to lose Pennington. I think Thomas Jones would be okay for me, at least until Stephen is healthy again.

If you think that's a shitty trade, this guy really wants to upgrade his receivers, mainly, he wants Chad Johnson. Can you figure out a way to make a deal for him to get his Chode... I mean, Chad, and for me to find a replacement for Davis?

Here's my team:

QB- Pennington
Delhomme

WR- C. Johnson
L. Coles
B Lloyd
I. Hilliard

RB- A. Green
S. Davis
C. Garner

TE- Bubba Franks

K- Tynes

D- Seattle
Green Bay

His team:

QB- Bulger
Harrington

WR- H. Ward
Andre Johnson
Marcus Robinson

RB- Priest
Dominick Davis
Julius Jones
Thomas Jones
Stephen Jackson

TE- Shockey

K- J. Brown

DT- Carolina

jspchief
09-18-2004, 02:41 PM
I see no reason for you to make this trade. You lose your best WR, and the depth after that is shaky. You already have a good #1 and a serviceable #2 RB. I'd take Pennington over Bulger any day.

So I see you losing at the WR and QB spot, and maybe doing a little better than even a RB. Julius Jones hasn't even suited for a game yet.

Mojo Rising
09-18-2004, 03:50 PM
I'd make that trade. I would rather have Ward than Johnson. You lose a little on the QB but get it back w/ the RB and WR upgrades.

BTW - I have D Foster on my bench this week. Too bad I cant loan him to you.

chop
09-18-2004, 03:56 PM
I'm leaning toward the trade. You do lose Johnson but you gain Ward. I like Pennington over Bulger but the key to the deal is if you think T. Jones is going to give your team a lift. I happen to like Jones this year so I would probably make the trade.

Mile High Mania
09-18-2004, 04:29 PM
H. Ward
M. Bulger
J. Jones
T. Jones

for

C. Johnson
C. Garner
C. Pennington

Here's my team:

QB- Pennington (BULGER)
Delhomme

WR- C. Johnson (WARD)
L. Coles
B Lloyd
I. Hilliard

RB- A. Green
S. Davis (T JONES)
(J JONES)
C. Garner

Essentially you are swapping Bulger for Pennington. Slight downgrade, but not substantial considering the offensive potential of both.

You lose nothing at RB, matter of fact you gain 2 starters. That is, once J Jones gets rolling and it appears he will this weekend.

You switch Chad Johnson for Hines Ward. Both highly ranked top 10 WRs.

You lose a little (maybe 7) points weekly on the QB.
You lose nothing on the WRs in my opinion.
You gain two decent options at RB, where you currently just have Green. In 5 weeks, you'll get Davis back and that makes you deeper.

I would probably pull the trigger on this deal.

patteeu
09-18-2004, 04:44 PM
I agree with Mile High and Chop. Make the trade.

Ward for Johnson is a wash.

Pennington for Bulger is a slight downgrade at worst.

I think T. Jones is an upgrade over C. Garner this year even before you factor J. Jones into the equation. And if both of them pan out, when S. Davis returns you will have RB trade fodder (the best kind) if you want to try to work another deal.

Mile High Mania
09-18-2004, 08:33 PM
Question is ... have you pulled the trigger?

SNR
09-18-2004, 10:05 PM
He withdrew it before I could pull the trigger. That blows, because he's got the # of RBs to make the deal. Afterwards, he ends up with Priest, Dominick, and Garner, which is by no means shitty.

Ah well. Back to the drawing board.

SNR
09-18-2004, 11:08 PM
K... this is a new deal we worked out.

Pennington
Chad Johnson
Charlie Garner
Brandon Lloyd

for

Bulger
Hines Ward
Thomas Jones
Stephen Jackson

Waddaya think?

Valiant
09-19-2004, 12:00 AM
who else do you have to drop since you are doing a 3 for 4 trade???

Miles
09-19-2004, 12:24 AM
K... this is a new deal we worked out.

Pennington
Chad Johnson
Charlie Garner
Brandon Lloyd

for

Bulger
Hines Ward
Thomas Jones
Stephen Jackson

Waddaya think?

Going into the season i thought Lloyd was going to be solid but he didnt do a damn thing last week. Still i think he has a good upside and may even have a big week. What about trying to substitue I. Hilliard for him? Hilliard had a better 1st week but has much less upside...still it may be enough to get the other guy to do it.