PDA

View Full Version : So I'm on my deck having a smoke when

Nzoner
09-18-2004, 09:59 PM
A pick-up and a sheriff's car pull into the church drive just north of me.The pick-up goes into the grass and does a complete 360 around the church then comes back and stops by the sheriff's car.It's then that I notice lights coming from the southside of the building going across my property so I walk to the end of the deck to investigate.

I look towards my neighbor's place to the south and see 3 more police cars and officers combing the area with flashlights.So I go back into the house,downstairs and outside again to see another officer at the back of the property searching one of my neighbor's rigs(he has a small trucking company)and I speak up and ask the officer what is going on.

He tells me they're searching for an individual and nothing more.

So I say and what kind of individual are you searching for.

He says about 5' 11" 235 lbs and a Fu Manchu and continues his search.

Seeing that I'm getting nowhere I just go back in the house and begin to type this when the wife comes in and says the cops are now in our lot.So I head back downstairs and outside only to find they're gone.So I get in my vehicle and decide to find one of them to find out what the hell is going on and should we be concerned.

I flag a deputy down on the road across the highway tell him we live etc etc and he informs me they're looking for my neighbor because he beat the crap outta his wife and took off running from them.

So why in the hell didn't the first deputy just tell me who were they were looking for?

Anyhow,if you made it this far that's the story.Uneventful except for the lady next door and her two young kids and all I could think was what if it were next week and the 37 Forever Party was going on.....

ENDelt260
09-18-2004, 10:01 PM
all I could think was what if it were next week and the 37 Forever Party was going on.....

Probably wouldn't be a pretty scene.

LVNHACK
09-18-2004, 10:04 PM
You should go right out and buy an Assault Rifle, then see me next year for a Bloodhound......I've got a Planet discount..........

Skip Towne
09-18-2004, 10:06 PM
Cops are always really secretive. They overestimate their importance. Most of them can't spell their name.

Nzoner
09-18-2004, 10:09 PM
Probably wouldn't be a pretty scene.

Remember in the original sept 25th thread when you asked me how well I knew the local law enforcement?

Time to update that.

ENDelt260
09-18-2004, 10:10 PM
Remember in the original sept 25th thread when you asked me how well I knew the local law enforcement?

Time to update that.
Haha.

LVNHACK
09-18-2004, 10:10 PM
Cops are always really secretive. They overestimate their importance. Most of them can't spell their name.

For real,.....especially in a mid size/small town

The Pedestrian
09-18-2004, 10:47 PM
Well if a big scene hadn't been made when talking to the first deputy and everyone had heard the thing about him beating his wife, then the "innocent" party would immediately turn into a search party and everyone would end up at the trial of whoever found the asshole first. IF the asshole somehow survives, he spends a while healing, goes to prison for a couple years, then the wife goes back because she claims to "still love him".

Deberg_1990
09-18-2004, 10:52 PM
So did you know the dude who "allegedlly" beat up his wife?

TheNextStep
09-18-2004, 10:55 PM
No, DeBerg... nobody recognized you. Looks like you got away clean...

Skip Towne
09-18-2004, 11:01 PM
For real,.....especially in a mid size/small town
:thumb: It might be different in the city. I don't know.

ENDelt260
09-18-2004, 11:07 PM
:thumb: It might be different in the city. I don't know.
Well... I think the percentage that are literate is higher... but, other than that, they're pretty much the same.

KS Smitty
09-18-2004, 11:13 PM
.... and all I could think was what if it were next week and the 37 Forever Party was going on.....

Sorry Nzoner, that's not enough to scare me off. :p

Nzoner
09-18-2004, 11:32 PM
So did you know the dude who "allegedlly" beat up his wife?

Well we've talked a few times outside but we're not what you'd call close neighbors except in proximity.

Phobia
09-19-2004, 12:54 AM
Well if a big scene hadn't been made when talking to the first deputy and everyone had heard the thing about him beating his wife, then the "innocent" party would immediately turn into a search party and everyone would end up at the trial of whoever found the asshole first. IF the asshole somehow survives, he spends a while healing, goes to prison for a couple years, then the wife goes back because she claims to "still love him".

Didn't read this. Don't want to. I'm 100% sure the response is retarded and I just wanted to share my stupid opinion with anybody who cares. Carry on.

tk13
09-19-2004, 12:59 AM
Didn't read this. Don't want to. I'm 100% sure the response is retarded and I just wanted to share my stupid opinion with anybody who cares. Carry on.
Don't worry, it was just a long winded rant on how Helium 3 on the lunar surface would create the fuel for a giant spotlight to hunt the guy down once the Republicans in Congress passed the "No Spotlight Left Behind" social program....

Phobia
09-19-2004, 01:01 AM
Don't worry, it was just a long winded rant on how Helium 3 on the lunar surface would create the fuel for a giant spotlight to hunt the guy down once the Republicans in Congress passed the "No Spotlight Left Behind" social program....

Oh - well.... thanks, I guess. I was hoping it was another effort to "sell" his elevator to the moon idea.