PDA

View Full Version : Any good restaurants in Branson that you'd recommend?

John_Wayne
09-18-2004, 10:42 PM
My wife and I and some others are going to Branson at the end of the month. In my experience there aren't any good restaurants in Branson. It's an old geezer town and all I've ever been able to find is old geezer food. We went to a BBQ place and it was terrible. :Lin: We went to a Japanese place and it sucked. :banghead: We went to a really huge steak place and it blows. :mad: Is it hopeless in Branson? Is there no way to find good food? :drool: Thanks for your help.

Tombstone RJ
09-18-2004, 10:49 PM
My wife and I and some others are going to Branson at the end of the month. In my experience there aren't any good restaurants in Branson. It's an old geezer town and all I've ever been able to find is old geezer food. We went to a BBQ place and it was terrible. :Lin: We went to a Japanese place and it sucked. :banghead: We went to a really huge steak place and it blows. :mad: Is it hopeless in Branson? Is there no way to find good food? :drool: Thanks for your help.

Branson... hmmm... I don't think I've been there in like 20 years and I don't think I want to go there for like another 20 years or so...

What is old geezer food anyway?

6 Iron
09-18-2004, 11:14 PM
I was there with family early this summer and enjoyed the restaurant at The Top of the Rock, a golf course about 10 miles from Branson. Good view, attractive restaurant (although the SW decor seemed a little out of place), and reasonable food.

Captain Obvious
09-18-2004, 11:18 PM
Charlies is pretty good for steaks and BBQ.

If you like the seafood, there is an all you can eat seafood buffet(crab legs, shrimp, lobster) at a place called Whipper Snappers. $25 a piece, but it is some awesome stuff.

MadMax
09-18-2004, 11:18 PM
[

ENDelt260
09-18-2004, 11:19 PM
I was there with family early this summer and enjoyed the restaurant at The Top of the Rock, a golf course about 10 miles from Branson. Good view, attractive restaurant (although the SW decor seemed a little out of place), and reasonable food.
Whoa... that messed with me. There's a place in Tempe called Top of the Rock.

MadMax
09-18-2004, 11:24 PM

I would recomend Shorty Smalls, awesome bbq and good atmosphere, also Charlies steakhouse just my opinion . I've lived here for 12 years and those are excellent restaraunts IMHO. Gosh there's 5 or six others but trust me those are very good. If you need directions let me know they are both right off the strip.

MadMax
09-18-2004, 11:29 PM

I agree, I helped build that golf course and Johnny Morrison is a picky SOB ;-) nice golf course also eh??? They have wood smoked pizza that is awesome. :thumb:

6 Iron
09-18-2004, 11:53 PM
I agree, I helped build that golf course and Johnny Morrison is a picky SOB ;-) nice golf course also eh??? They have wood smoked pizza that is awesome. :thumb:

Very pretty little course, but I did not get to play it. I was trying to remember what I ate-thanks for reminding me. It was the pizza--quite good.

TheNextStep
09-18-2004, 11:55 PM
I hear good things about the Waffle House down there.

All of them.

John_Wayne
09-19-2004, 12:36 AM
Charlies is pretty good for steaks and BBQ.

If you like the seafood, there is an all you can eat seafood buffet(crab legs, shrimp, lobster) at a place called Whipper Snappers. $25 a piece, but it is some awesome stuff. Is that the Paddle wheel boat-like restaraunt? I think I know where that place is located.

John_Wayne
09-19-2004, 12:39 AM
I would recomend Shorty Smalls, awesome bbq and good atmosphere, also Charlies steakhouse just my opinion . I've lived here for 12 years and those are excellent restaraunts IMHO. Gosh there's 5 or six others but trust me those are very good. If you need directions let me know they are both right off the strip. Shorty Smalls is the BBQ place that we went to and we weren't that impressed. Then again, we're from KC, the home of the world's best BBQ. :thumb:

There is a steak restaraunt that is 3 stories tall and is supposed to be the largest steakhouse in the world. It has a huge snooker table in the lobby and stuffed animal heads on the walls. Is that the Charlies that you speak of? We thought it wasn't that good. Then again, we're from KC, the home of some of the world's greatest steakhouses. :p

Tell me about the other 5 or 6 places. :)

ChiefsFanatic
09-19-2004, 12:40 AM
I ate at a place called Outback before. Not The Outback Steakhouse, Just the Outback. They had awesome oysters, with cheddar cheese and bacon, and the 12oz steak I had was as good as anything I have had in KC.

It was expensive though.

John_Wayne
09-19-2004, 12:41 AM
I ate at a place called Outback before. Not The Outback Steakhouse, Just the Outback. They had awesome oysters, with cheddar cheese and bacon, and the 12oz steak I had was as good as anything I have had in KC.

It was expensive though. Where was it located? Thanks

philfree
09-19-2004, 12:45 AM
The Outback, Copper Penny(I think that's the name), McGuffy's, Demetri's, Candlestick Inn and.......................... :hmmm: That's all I can think of right now.

PhilFree :arrow:

ChiefsFanatic
09-19-2004, 12:58 AM
Where was it located? Thanks

I know this is going to sound idiotic, but all I can remember about the location was that it was close to the Ejection Seat attraction, somewhere on the main strip.

Well, now I found this link.

Outback (http://ozarksbest.tv/aboutus.php?id=109)

Phobia
09-19-2004, 01:12 AM
Is this underground code for "searching for a place to purchase an assault weapon"?

Saulbadguy
09-19-2004, 06:38 AM
Is this underground code for "searching for a place to purchase an assault weapon"?
ROFL

KCN
09-19-2004, 11:22 AM
There is a place in Kimberling City called the Bearded Clam which we ate at last month. Pretty cool with a deck overlooking Tablerock lake and live music. Food was decent, but unfortunately quite expensive. We also got pizza from the Pizza Chef (I believe in West Branson) which was the best pizza I've ever had down there. Loaded w/ toppings. Other than that....all of our favorite restaurants have folded.

JimNasium
09-19-2004, 12:44 PM
Candlestick Inn.

Deberg_1990
09-19-2004, 01:07 PM
What about Lamberts? Home of the Throwed Roll! Its pretty darn good down home cooking...