PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Arrowhead

Woodrow Call
09-18-2004, 11:26 PM
I have only been a couple of times. Rep for anyone that will answer these 2 questions.

1) What time does the lot open?

2) How early does a person need to be there to avoid a huge traffic jam?

Thanks in advance.

jspchief
09-18-2004, 11:33 PM
1. Three hours before kick-off
2. Four hours before kick-off

jspchief
09-18-2004, 11:36 PM
Let me clarify on the "fours hours before" to avoid a traffic jam.

If you get there around 7:30 or 8, you'll still be waiting in line for the gates to open, but you'll be much further ahead in the line. Certain gates are better than others IMO. Once the gates open, you'll get in pretty fast. I'm not sure if there is a lull in traffic after the gates initially open, because I'm always there early. We usually sit in line and drink coffee and listen to pre-game and read the paper.

Woodrow Call
09-18-2004, 11:39 PM
Thanks. I am leaving from Lockwood which is about 2 and 1/2 hrs away. Looks like I have an early morning in front of me.

jspchief
09-18-2004, 11:45 PM
I'm not sayin you have to get there that early, but there is a line at the gates. One advantage is that you're able to park just about anywhere you want (at least in years past) so you can get some prime spots. I imagine if you pulled up at 9 when the gates open, your wait wouldn't be over an hour but I'm not certain because I've never arrived that late.

And tell me about long drives. I come from Iowa, about 3 hours.

BigChief1
09-18-2004, 11:54 PM
I leave home at 9am and still get a good spot. We NEVER have to wait in a line and we're usually always there by 930. A half hour doesn't make that much difference to our group.

KCJake
09-19-2004, 12:11 AM
Man, how would it be? Going to a Chiefs game at Arrowhead :)
Have fun guys! :thumb: