PDA

View Full Version : Season IS not OVER...

Valiant
09-19-2004, 03:09 PM
We have sucked for two games in a row now...

Everybody knew deep down our defense was not good enough to keep us in games.. Hell if we happen to keep the other teams running backs under 120 yards it will be a good game...

Our offense will come around, this is two weeks in a row we have faced great teams..

All we have to do is win our division..

Denver lost also, the season is not over, quit crying.... I am pissed off very much from todays game, but we can still finish the season strong..

------------------------------------

Green has played like crap today, but he has about seven dropped passes and running for his life...

Our coaches two weeks now have shitty O-playcalling...

Penalties are killing us...

but life goes on...

B2chiefsfan
09-19-2004, 03:11 PM

Everybody knew deep down our defense was not good enough to keep us in games.. Hell if we happen to keep the other teams running backs under 120 yards it will be a good game...

Our offense will come around, this is two weeks in a row we have faced great teams..

Denver lost also, the season is not over, quit crying.... I am pissed off very much from todays game, but we can still finish the season strong..

Green has played like crap today, but he has about seven dropped passes and running for his life...

but life goes on...

Really..........have you seen the rest of the schedule????????:)

Logical
09-19-2004, 03:13 PM
ROFLROFLROFL

Donger
09-19-2004, 03:14 PM

but life goes on...

I disagree.

I fear that the offense has caught the disease from the defense.

I doubt we'll even get to .500 this season.

FringeNC
09-19-2004, 03:16 PM
The only reason our season is not over is that the AFC West sucks. Denver is only one game ahead of us. 9-7 will probably win this division.

Deberg_1990
09-19-2004, 03:17 PM
right Valiant....what does it matter if we win our division and go to the playoffs??? We are gonna lose when we get there anyways...weve been through all this before....im done with this team.

PastorMikH
09-19-2004, 03:17 PM
No the season is not over yet. We have 14 more games to lose before it's over. And unless the coaching staff gets their head out of their rears and the players decide to step up and actually earn their pay, we're gonna waste the #1 pick in the 2005 draft.

KHinz57
09-19-2004, 03:19 PM
Look at it this way ... even though we did suck today, DENVER SUCKED MORE! Sad this is, we will have a bad season and STILL win the AFC West Title and go the playoffs.

the Talking Can
09-19-2004, 03:20 PM
this defense is worse than last year....nothing is going to change that...game over

B2chiefsfan
09-19-2004, 03:21 PM
Look at it this way ... even though we did suck today, DENVER SUCKED MORE! Sad this is, we will have a bad season and STILL win the AFC West Title and go the playoffs.

Gee....how many one and outs would that make it???:)

PastorMikH
09-19-2004, 03:23 PM
this defense is worse than last year....nothing is going to change that...game over

Actually the D is a little better than last year but the offense is A LOT worse than last year.

Valiant
09-19-2004, 03:23 PM
right Valiant....what does it matter if we win our division and go to the playoffs??? We are gonna lose when we get there anyways...weve been through all this before....im done with this team.

Well then step up and do not post on the Chiefs BB until the season if officially over... I mean you and everybody else jumping ship could do the fans staying a favor and help our connect to the BB... IF you are done with the team should not be another word/topic/thread out of you about the Chiefs... Don't Taco/Kerry out in two weeks and come back..

Deberg_1990
09-19-2004, 03:26 PM
Actually the D is a little better than last year but the offense is A LOT worse than last year.

Hmm..yea good points.....the Run D is dreadful though...im serious when i say this, the worst ive ever seen in the NFL

NaptownChief
09-19-2004, 03:26 PM
This season is certainly not over, there are at least 14 more RB's that got to post over 100 yards rushing against us before it is officially over.

1adam1238
09-19-2004, 03:27 PM
Just because I we hate what is happening with this team does not mean I am leaving it.......thats a dumbass writing something like that......but this team does suck right now.

PastorMikH
Listen Valient, I am not jumping ship here. But as a fan I am thoroughly upset at the way my team played today. Thoroughly upset. The Chiefs beat themselves with their stupid mistakes and poor prep/execution today. If things don't change, we are going to lose a lot of games this year. Any fan that doesn't see this needs to take the homer glasses off.

the Talking Can

when did the D play this bad at home last year, besides the playoff?

we've let 2 terrible offenses without thier superstars march up and down the field....this defense is beyond bad....way beyond bad...

VonneMarie
09-19-2004, 03:29 PM
Hmm..yea good points.....the Run D is dreadful though...im serious when i say this, the worst ive ever seen in the NFL
But we held them to 2.8 a carry in the first half...

Also, the season is waaaaay over.

whoman69
09-19-2004, 03:30 PM
No its not over, but we certainly have no margin for error now.

KCWolfman
09-19-2004, 03:30 PM
I am not one of the resident doom and gloomers, but to be honest, I see no gelling on D at all.

I see more horrible tackling and simple missed assingments. Cunningham has not produced the product we were promised and I bet he will end up taking the blame in the long run. I don't see us winning the division. Someone please quote me and make me eat my words later. I will thank you if I am wrong.

That said, I would watch the last game if we were 0-15. I like the sport and the matchups and I love the team. So no matter how bad it is, I am still enjoying the game.

B2chiefsfan
09-19-2004, 03:32 PM
Well then step up and do not post on the Chiefs BB until the season if officially over... I mean you and everybody else jumping ship could do the fans staying a favor and help our connect to the BB... IF you are done with the team should not be another word/topic/thread out of you about the Chiefs... Don't Taco/Kerry out in two weeks and come back..

How many fans just jumped ship at ArrowHead today?? That was a tall tell sign of what dedicted Chiefs Fan feel right....CHEATED!!! I felt bad for those dedicated Chiefs fans there today and this season is only going to get worse if the Chiefs staff doesn't make a move and do it quick. F*ck the Draft picks, The Chiefs need play makers now...

Michael Michigan
09-19-2004, 03:34 PM
Put Away the Panic Button
Sep 15, 2004, 4:12:31 AM

by Bob Gretz

It was as easy to predict as the swallows returning to the mission at San Juan Capistrano every spring.

The Chiefs lost the season opener to Denver by 10 points and a cadre of red and gold fans reach in the bottom drawer of their desks, pull out the panic button and start pounding away.

This year’s overreaction comes with an interesting twist. Some fans want the Chiefs to make immediately trades for either WR Keenan McCardell of Tampa Bay and/or CB Mike McKenzie of Green Bay. Both of these players are under contract to their teams, but are holding out because they want more money. In the minds of some panicked fans, McCardell and McKenzie can come in and turnaround the Chiefs season.

Yes, I know the Chiefs have only played one game, but this kind of thinking does exist. It will only grow louder should they stumble against Carolina this weekend. I hear from fans all the time that believe the savior for the Chiefs in 2004 is somewhere other than Arrowhead Stadium. Fueled by the blather of sports talk radio – where talking about trades that will never happen is considered cutting edge commentary – there are certain fans that start believing the way to salvation is to buy someone else’s problems.

Bring up the idea of these deals around Arrowhead Stadium and the reaction is pretty immediate. First, neither Tampa Bay nor Green Bay is trying to trade these players. Secondly, the Chiefs have no interest in McCardell. They would have some interest in McKenzie, simply because he’s a younger player.

But they are not going to give up the high draft choices that would be demanded if either player was available and they certainly aren’t going to throw a ton of money at either player to make them happy.

In McCardell’s case, he had a chance to play for the Chiefs back in 2002. That year the Chiefs made a contract offer that was very competitive to the one he now dislikes in Tampa Bay. The reason he signed with the Bucs was this: Tampa guaranteed his second-year base salary. That’s something the Chiefs, and most other teams in the league, wouldn’t do.

If you are one of those fans that think McCardell and/or McKenzie are the answer then riddle me this: why would these guys be any happier wearing a Chiefs uniform? And, quite obviously another question comes up: where are their priorities? Obviously, these two guys have placed personal financial gain ahead of their teams. Both have contracts they freely signed just two years ago. They took the money, a lot of money, that was offered then and now they want more.

McCardell has been paid $3.5 million by Tampa Bay over the last two years. His salary for this season is $2 million. McKenzie signed a contract extension in 2002 that gave him $3.5 million to sign and includes $2.75 million in salary for this season. In the last two years the Packers have paid him $5.25 million.

After the first week of the season, these guys are out a combined $279,411.76. Obviously, these guys are not so underpaid that they can’t afford to walk away from more than a quarter of a million dollars; not with the more than $8 million combined dollars they’ve reaped in the previous two years.

McCardell is 34 years old and a career No. 2 receiver. The only reason he led the Bucs in receiving last year was they cut Keyshawn Johnson loose after 10 games. Don’t the Chiefs have enough 30-year old plus, second receivers on their roster now?

McKenzie is 28 years old and has some time remaining on his career. But, it seems that since he came into the league, he’s always been moaning and groaning about his contract. In five seasons, he’s never been selected to the Pro Bowl, so his complaining far out weighs his stature among his peers and league coaches.

McCardell and McKenzie are not the answer for the Chiefs.

The opinions offered in this column do not necessarily reflect those of the Kansas City Chiefs.

A former beat reporter who covered the Pittsburgh Steelers during their glory years, Gretz covered the Chiefs for the Kansas City Star for nine years before heading up KCFX-FM's sports department. He is a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Board of Selectors. His column appears three times a week during the season.

PastorMikH
09-19-2004, 03:34 PM
when did the D play this bad at home last year, besides the playoff?

we've let 2 terrible offenses without thier superstars march up and down the field....this defense is beyond bad....way beyond bad...

How much of the game did you see? You yourself said you missed the entire first half.

The D held them to 127 yards in the first half. Then in the second half they were on the field forever. When the Offense got on the field they couldn't wait to give carolina back the ball. The D did step up and get the ball back for the offesne several times only to have the offense sputter and fail.

As ticked as I am, I can't put all the blame here on the D. Crap, they have got to get a rest once in a while and the offense wouldn't stay out there long enough for them to catch their breath.

Michael Michigan
09-19-2004, 03:35 PM
How many fans just jumped ship at ArrowHead today?? That was a tall tell sign of what dedicted Chiefs Fan feel right....CHEATED!!! I felt bad for those dedicated Chiefs fans there today and this season is only going to get worse if the Chiefs staff doesn't make a move and do it quick. F*ck the Draft picks, The Chiefs need play makers now...

As a fan--I can't understand why anyone would spend a dime on this team.

Valiant
Listen Valient, I am not jumping ship here. But as a fan I am thoroughly upset at the way my team played today. Thoroughly upset. The Chiefs beat themselves with their stupid mistakes and poor prep/execution today. If things don't change, we are going to lose a lot of games this year. Any fan that doesn't see this needs to take the homer glasses off.

Hey I said/wrote they have sucked majorily two weeks in a row now... But guess what, I am not going around ranting i am leaving/never being a Chiefs fan agian.. There are a lot of people on here being a Chiefs fan because of last year..

We have played to great teams this year with our shitty defense and our offense playing like crap and lost by 10 and 11... No homer about it, our team will come along and half if not all of this whiney ass posters will act as all is good agian... Our team is sucking, buck and quit acting like you are not going to watch or support the team agian...

Braincase
http://www.houghtonmifflinbooks.com/assets/product/0618346945.gif

Valiant
09-19-2004, 03:36 PM

How often do the Fans leave early in any game... I think you need to go and watch most of our games last year.. If we are losing or winning big, fans leave...

Sure-Oz
09-19-2004, 03:36 PM
Your right its not over but it is not looking good at all right now.

Baby Lee
09-19-2004, 03:37 PM
ROFLROFLROFL
Fvck you, Vlad. You fvcking puzzy. This is the team you wanted. This is the team you told all us defensive homers to step out of the way and let the new age, rock and roll, plastic banana, good time offensive wack packers have their day. Admit it. You were an idiot to root for what has transpired, and the sad state of this team is a result of your deranged conception of what makes a quality NFL team.

Donger
As ticked as I am, I can't put all the blame here on the D. Crap, they have got to get a rest once in a while and the offense wouldn't stay out there long enough for them to catch their breath.

Absolutely. When was the last time the offense scored only one TD during a game at Arrowhead?

mikey23545
I am not one of the resident doom and gloomers, but to be honest, I see no gelling on D at all.

I see more horrible tackling and simple missed assingments. Cunningham has not produced the product we were promised and I bet he will end up taking the blame in the long run. I don't see us winning the division. Someone please quote me and make me eat my words later. I will thank you if I am wrong.

That said, I would watch the last game if we were 0-15. I like the sport and the matchups and I love the team. So no matter how bad it is, I am still enjoying the game.

Anybody that enjoyed this needs to go sit with Denise under the Gannon tree....

the Talking Can
How much of the game did you see? You yourself said you missed the entire first half.

The D held them to 127 yards in the first half. Then in the second half they were on the field forever. When the Offense got on the field they couldn't wait to give carolina back the ball. The D did step up and get the ball back for the offesne several times only to have the offense sputter and fail.

I'm not interested in moral victories.

Ho many points did they give up at home?
How many yards did back-up Foster run for?
Did Foster set a franchise record for longest run?
etc...

If the game were only 1 half, you'd be right.

This defense lacks talent, heart, intelligence, and courage. Otherwise, though, they're on the up-swing.

Brian Shay dreams about running against this defense.

FloridaChief
09-19-2004, 03:38 PM
Apparently, during the Greg Robinson era--it WAS the scheme AND the players.

The run Defense is almost indescribably bad. Slow and stupid.

ChiefsCountry
09-19-2004, 03:39 PM
New England was either 0-2 or 1-3 to start the season last year. Also we had the two hardest games to start the season of any NFL team. I still believe.

Valiant
09-19-2004, 03:41 PM

etc...

This defense lacks talent, heart, intelligence, and courage. Otherwise, though, they're on the up-swing.

NO one is arguing that.. but the D, did a great job for one half... that is an improvement..small one...but one none-the-less...

We have faced two great defenses so far, not everybody has a great defense..

Our offense is not even half way to their ability so far, it will come along..trent played a horrible game and the WR equally...

If you talk to any panther fan, Foster is the better of the backs...

B2chiefsfan
Hey I said/wrote they have sucked majorily two weeks in a row now... But guess what, I am not going around ranting i am leaving/never being a Chiefs fan agian.. There are a lot of people on here being a Chiefs fan because of last year..

We have played to great teams this year with our shitty defense and our offense playing like crap and lost by 10 and 11... No homer about it, our team will come along and half if not all of this whiney ass posters will act as all is good agian... Our team is sucking, buck and quit acting like you are not going to watch or support the team agian...

I love this team, that's why I'm so pissed. The Chiefs made no moves to bring in an impact player..........zzzzilch......none.....I'm not burning my hats or tearing down posters, but we fans (all of us) have a right to demand better. I'm really sick of Carl's sh*t.......He sould be the first one to get cut...

the Talking Can
New England was either 0-2 or 1-3 to start the season last year. Also we had the two hardest games to start the season of any NFL team. I still believe.

ahhh yes, the New England analogy...

Valiant
09-19-2004, 03:43 PM
Apparently, during the Greg Robinson era--it WAS the scheme AND the players.

The run Defense is almost indescribably bad. Slow and stupid.

they are not slow..they cant tackle for shit... we ran into the ball carrier like ten times and never wrapped up..

the Talking Can
09-19-2004, 03:44 PM
NO one is arguing that.. but the D, did a great job for one half... that is an improvement..small one...but one none-the-less...

We have faced two great defenses so far, not everybody has a great defense..

Our offense is not even half way to their ability so far, it will come along..trent played a horrible game and the WR equally...

If you talk to any panther fan, Foster is the better of the backs...

I don't know why you assume people who criticiize an obviously bad defense are going to stop rooting for the Chiefs.

The whole point of this BB is to be a place for people to vent their enthusiams AND displeasures with the Chiefs.

And our defense is ****ing terrible. Worse than last year. No talent, no heart, no pride, no smarts.

Clear as day.

ROYC75
09-19-2004, 03:46 PM
Overall team play right now sucks.........

Last year our D was bad, but our offense and Dantes returns were picking us up. It's the same defense as last year personel wise, the scheme is different and it will take time to gell. Our run D is still missing gap assignments and most of all, not wrapping up the ball carrier. McCleon has totaly sucked in tackling this year.........Our defense is playing like young kids right now, sometimes good, most times bad....very inconsistent. They will get better but the question is will it be this year ?

Our offense is out of wack, everywhere, coaching, performance, you name it. One would think the extra year has caught up with the line...Roaf looks like he is getting to old to do the job at the present time, not sure where his problem is. Pass blocking was horrible.....Run blocking was so so .... the one long run by PH was called back on a holding penalty. Al Saunders ? What is up with him ? Our reciving problms countinue to mount...now EK is hurt, Smith had his chances and blew it this game. Our 3rd down donversions suck......

Season Over ? No way, yes the schedule is tough, but this team is capable of turnning it around. Without a doubt we have dug ourselves a big hole.

A win next week and an open week might get us untracked.... might !

But it's not over yet !

Old Dog
09-19-2004, 03:47 PM
It ain't over, but it may be a long one. But there's no way on god's green earth that I'm going ot bail on them.
If the rest of you want too, that's your option (and may I add, to hell with you). I was a KC fan back when they were winning 5-6 games a season and will be as long as I'm alive.
GO CHIEFS!!!

Valiant
09-19-2004, 03:48 PM
I don't know why you assume people who criticiize an obviously bad defense are going to stop rooting for the Chiefs.

The whole point of this BB is to be a place for people to vent their enthusiams AND displeasures with the Chiefs.

And our defense is ****ing terrible. Worse than last year. No talent, no heart, no pride, no smarts.

Clear as day.

Umm, all the ones running around chicken little saying 'i'm thru..."

B2chiefsfan
09-19-2004, 03:49 PM
Overall team play right now sucks.........

Last year our D was bad, but our offense and Dantes returns were picking us up. It's the same defense as last year personel wise, the scheme is different and it will take time to gell. Our run D is still missing gap assignments and most of all, not wrapping up the ball carrier. McCleon has totaly sucked in tackling this year.........Our defense is playing like young kids right now, sometimes good, most times bad....very inconsistent. They will get better but the question is will it be this year ?

Our offense is out of wack, everywhere, coaching, performance, you name it. One would think the extra year has caught up with the line...Roaf looks like he is getting to old to do the job at the present time, not sure where his problem is. Pass blocking was horrible.....Run blocking was so so .... the one long run by PH was called back on a holding penalty. Al Saunders ? What is up with him ? Our reciving problms countinue to mount...now EK is hurt, Smith had his chances and blew it this game. Our 3rd down donversions suck......

Season Over ? No way, yes the schedule is tough, but this team is capable of turnning it around. Without a doubt we have dug ourselves a big hole.

A win next week and an open week might get us untracked.... might !

But it's not over yet !

The staff better break out the pumps because the ship is taking on water fast..

the Talking Can
09-19-2004, 03:50 PM

its less than an hour after a humiliating loss at home....can't people rant for awhile?

or do we have to deploy the You're-Not-A-Real-Fan police?

PastorMikH
09-19-2004, 03:53 PM

etc...

The rant on Zach's thread kinda took some steam out. Interestingly enough I had the same arguement with someone last week about giving up all the points.

The D still has a long ways to go. I'm more upset with the offense today is all.

B2chiefsfan
09-19-2004, 03:54 PM

Yea, I'm thru...

I'm not through rooting, but I'm through hoping........

:banghead:

I can't believe the front office did not make a move on any defensive player during the off season..........I did lay my hopes on Gun, but damn, this is pathedic......

Baby Lee
09-19-2004, 03:55 PM
the one long run by PH was called back on a holding penalty.
That holding call on Morton on Priest's long run was re-goddamned-diculous. Maybe Tice was right, Morton likes it in the pooper. If I'd been at the game, I'd probably have been arrested en route to the field to kick Morton's azz.

KCJohnny
09-19-2004, 03:55 PM
McCleon was asleep.
Morton didn't even go up for that one over the middle. Gonzo caught 4 passes but was otherwise a non-factor. Priest (as usual) was brilliant but underutilized. Is it just me, or have the Chiefs REALLY diminished his role in the passing game?

We need a real answer at MLB. The guy who replaced Tait is not as good.

I think the F4 did an outstanding job getting to the QB. there are a lot of young studs on the D line that show promise. That's how you build a defense, starting with the F4. If those guys can get it together, and Fujita and Barber can make up for _________________ playing MLB, we have a chance at getting better. The CB play is routinely bad, and we have all gotten used to it. Since James Hasty left, nobody even expects our DB play to be any good.

Q: What happened to Boerigter?

PastorMikH
09-19-2004, 03:57 PM
Our team is sucking, buck and quit acting like you are not going to watch or support the team agian...

You mind going back and pointing out WHERE I SAID I WASN'T GOING TO WATCH OR SUPPORT MY TEAM???

You won't find it without editing my posts. So back the train up a bit and pointing your self-righteous fingers at everyone else.

Baby Lee
09-19-2004, 03:57 PM
Welcome back KCJ. Someone who remembers what good footbal consists of.
Q: What happened to Boerigter?
Broken leg in pre-season. Gobo is still inconsolable.

TEX
09-19-2004, 04:00 PM
If Priest misses many games, our season IS over IMO...

PastorMikH
09-19-2004, 04:01 PM
If Priest misses many games, our season IS over IMO...

They are saying he is fine. I'm thinking they got scared when he got hit awkward and pulled him from the game since it was a lost cause.

Valiant
09-19-2004, 04:02 PM
You mind going back and pointing out WHERE I SAID I WASN'T GOING TO WATCH OR SUPPORT MY TEAM???

You won't find it without editing my posts. So back the train up a bit and pointing your self-righteous fingers at everyone else.

Its a general statement, There are many people on here and other threads saying they are thru supporting the chiefs...

edit

YEah went and reread my post...i should have put in the divider line

------------------------

Was responding to you and the general staments of everybody else...

KCJohnny
09-19-2004, 04:03 PM
Dang, a broken leg? This O would at least stretch the field if Bo was playing. What's wrong with Kennison? This WR corps looks as bad as the one we started 2001 with. And I don't even remember those guys' names....

Gary
Gretz sure loves to point out what is "NOT" the answer. Well, that's fine...now what "IS" the f-ing answer if you're so sure that you know what isn't?

I'm not going to panic at this point, but I am smart enough to realize that we need a hell of a lot more offensive firepower than we have right now to overcome the glaring weaknesses on defense.

I applaud Tony for working his ass off to get open today even with his foot troubles. I applaud Priest for taking maximum advantage of every opportunity the stingy run D of Carolina provided. I applaud Lional Dalton for stepping up his game & getting some push up the middle. I applaud Eric Warfield for using his head on those few plays that he had an opportunity to make a difference.

Some questions I'd love to ask at the post-game press conference:

1. How do you get guys that have proven they don't want to wrap up & tackle for the last few seasons to do so? (I'd love to suggest having them run twenty 100 yard sprints for every missed tackle at every practice until the next game).

2. Is there anything in your offensive gameplan that can help the wide receivers get some separation (since they can't seem to do it themselves), & will you also make them run twenty 100 yard sprints for every dropped pass?

3. What exactly is Eric Hicks' edge that makes him a starter, & why doesn't he use during a game?

4. Is steam coming out of Gunther's ears yet, because at least that would mean he would work those no-tackling underachievers at practice this week until they threw up & then work them harder?

Valiant
its less than an hour after a humiliating loss at home....can't people rant for awhile?

or do we have to deploy the You're-Not-A-Real-Fan police?

No, It's more you knew our defense was going to suck and we would have games like this... Too many people are acting like our season is over...

Baby Lee
09-19-2004, 04:06 PM
Gretz sure loves to point out what is "NOT" the answer. Well, that's fine...now what "IS" the f-ing answer if you're so sure that you know what isn't?

I'm not going to panic at this point, but I am smart enough to realize that we need a hell of a lot more offensive firepower than we have right now to overcome the glaring weaknesses on defense.

I applaud Tony for working his ass off to get open today even with his foot troubles. I applaud Priest for taking maximum advantage of every opportunity the stingy run D of Carolina provided. I applaud Lional Dalton for stepping up his game & getting some push up the middle. I applaud Eric Warfield for using his head on those few plays that he had an opportunity to make a difference.

Some questions I'd love to ask at the post-game press conference:

1. How do you get guys that have proven they don't want to wrap up & tackle for the last few seasons to do so? (I'd love to suggest having them run twenty 100 yard sprints for every missed tackle at every practice until the next game).

2. Is there anything in your offensive gameplan that can help the wide receivers get some separation (since they can't seem to do it themselves), & will you also make them run twenty 100 yard sprints for every dropped pass?

3. What exactly is Eric Hicks' edge that makes him a starter, & why doesn't he use during a game?

4. Is steam coming out of Gunther's ears yet, because at least that would mean he would work those no-tackling underachievers at practice this week until they threw up & then work them harder?
If Gunther were half the man I think he is. His first announcement would be that, as of this moment, there are no starters on D for next Monday night. Those who prove themselves this week get a nod, and for positions where no one proves themselves, the backups get the start.

PastorMikH
09-19-2004, 04:07 PM
Its a general statement, There are many people on here and other threads saying they are thru supporting the chiefs...

Oddly enough, since you quoted me and replied to me, it sure looked to me like it was not a general statement and was directed at me. Maybe it was the "buck and quit acting like you are not going to watch or support the team agian..." that got me. It didn't say you guys or everyone, it said you.

the Talking Can
09-19-2004, 04:07 PM
No, It's more you knew our defense was going to suck and we would have games like this... Too many people are acting like our season is over...

I didn't think our defense would look this bad. It really never occurred to me they'd be worse than last year. Honest.

PastorMikH
09-19-2004, 04:08 PM
Though Can and I don't completely agree on the D, we both have every right to vent our frustrations right now.

Baby Lee
The SB could not, in any wise whatsoever, be further out of reach at this point. Nearly a mortal lock to be out of the question.

the Talking Can
If Gunther were half the man I think he is. His first announcement would be that, as of this moment, there are no starters on D for next Monday night. Those who prove themselves this week get a nod, and for positions where no one proves themselves, the backups get the start.

Rep....that would be awesome. I'd Bench Sims, resign Downing and Start Siavii.

You have to EARN your right to play for this team.

ChiefsOne
09-19-2004, 04:13 PM
No the season is not over yet. We have 14 more games to lose before it's over. And unless the coaching staff gets their head out of their rears and the players decide to step up and actually earn their pay, we're gonna waste the #1 pick in the 2005 draft.

Pastor maybe you could say a little prayer for our team tonight......and every night!

ROYC75
09-19-2004, 04:13 PM
I was a little concerned about Gun and his mellow kiss ass , spirit lifting approach to start the TC.

Ya think he is that pissed off German we once knew now ?

Valiant
09-19-2004, 04:15 PM
Oddly enough, since you quoted me and replied to me, it sure looked to me like it was not a general statement and was directed at me. Maybe it was the "buck and quit acting like you are not going to watch or support the team agian..." that got me. It didn't say you guys or everyone, it said you.

I reedited...go read agian...It was my fault in sentence structure...

Valiant
09-19-2004, 04:18 PM
I didn't think our defense would look this bad. It really never occurred to me they'd be worse than last year. Honest.

I think they are a tad bit better... But our O, is way worse this year... That and Dante has been ineffective..Last year numbers are skewed to this year just because of the returns/scoring compared to the lack thereof this year...

I believe we can pull to .500 in the next two games...If not, then I will be worried...

Straight, No Chaser
09-19-2004, 04:18 PM
I didn't get to watch much the first half but later it sure looked like Monty was getting smoked in the hole. I bet Mitchell is back next week.

---->

VonneMarie
09-19-2004, 04:22 PM
I believe we can pull to .500 in the next two games...If not, then I will be worried...
Maybe Houston, MAYBE. We're certainly not gonna be Balt either... not with the offense we've seen so far.

2bikemike
09-19-2004, 04:24 PM
I didn't get to watch much the first half but later it sure looked like Monty was getting smoked in the hole. I bet Mitchell is back next week.

---->

I don't know but Monty did register the most tackles. He had like 10

Baby Lee
09-19-2004, 04:27 PM

---->
Don't remember the exact play, but I did see Mitchel get smoked like Morton's pole at a NAMBLA meeting at least once.

Deberg_1990
09-19-2004, 04:31 PM
Whats sad is..there are alot better offenses coming up in the weeks ahead than the one we played against today...there isnt much hope for this team.

FringeNC
09-19-2004, 04:31 PM
Don't remember the exact play, but I did see Mitchel get smoked like Morton's pole at a NAMBLA meeting at least once.

Yeah, I guess Morton doesn't try to avoid contact at those things.

go bowe
09-19-2004, 04:32 PM
Welcome back KCJ. Someone who remembers what good footbal consists of.

Broken leg in pre-season. Gobo is still inconsolable.:deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

i don't know which is worse...

losing bo to injury or watching our d trying to play...

Baby Lee
09-19-2004, 04:36 PM
Correction. We have sucked, . . . and when I say sucked, I mean sucked HARD, . . . Hattori Hanzo steel hard, for 5 of the last 7 games.

chiefsfan1963
09-19-2004, 04:36 PM
i still believe!!!!! I believe we'll be better on both sides of the ball than last season. and we will win in the post season!!!!! i advise all of you turn off your TV sets during pregame and postgame commentary and just tune in for the game. you'll keep your sanity. chiefs win at least 11 this year and are going to be dominant in the playoffs just you see you nonbelievers!!!!! don't quit on this team!!!!!! you'll be sorry come playoff time when the believers will be saying to you "I told you so!!!!!" :harumph: :thumb:

B2chiefsfan
09-19-2004, 04:38 PM
i still believe!!!!! I believe we'll be better on both sides of the ball than last season. and we will win in the post season!!!!! i advise all of you turn off your TV sets during pregame and postgame commentary and just tune in for the game. you'll keep your sanity. chiefs win at least 11 this year and are going to be dominant in the playoffs just you see you nonbelievers!!!!! don't quit on this team!!!!!! you'll be sorry come playoff time when the believers will be saying to you "I told you so!!!!!" :harumph: :thumb::harumph:

go bowe
09-19-2004, 04:38 PM
Correction. We have sucked, . . . and when I say sucked, I mean sucked HARD, . . . Hattori Hanzo steel hard, for 5 of the last 7 games.sucked??

is that all??

it seemed worse than "sucked" to me... :( :( :(

Deberg_1990
09-19-2004, 04:39 PM
Correction. We have sucked, . . . and when I say sucked, I mean sucked HARD, . . . Hattori Hanzo steel hard, for 5 of the last 7 games.

They just brought up a good point on the radio...we were 6-10, 8-8 then 9-0 and since then we are 4-6........This team has sucked ever since that Cinci game.

Mr Grimm
09-19-2004, 04:43 PM
I think i can speak for us all by saying that no matter how much we bitch, complain, scratch, claw, etc... when it all comes back down kickoff next week.....we all know where were going to be!

go bowe
09-19-2004, 04:44 PM
i still believe!!!!! I believe we'll be better on both sides of the ball than last season. and we will win in the post season!!!!! i advise all of you turn off your TV sets during pregame and postgame commentary and just tune in for the game. you'll keep your sanity. chiefs win at least 11 this year and are going to be dominant in the playoffs just you see you nonbelievers!!!!! don't quit on this team!!!!!! you'll be sorry come playoff time when the believers will be saying to you "I told you so!!!!!" :harumph: :thumb: http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/Bizkit/confused.gif http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/Bizkit/confused.gif http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/Bizkit/confused.gif http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/Bizkit/confused.gif http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/Bizkit/confused.gif http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/Bizkit/confused.gif

i sure hope somebody can tell me i told you so later this season...

but i'm not holding my breath... :shake:

Baby Lee
09-19-2004, 04:48 PM
This season is certainly not over, there are at least 14 more RB's that got to post over 100 yards rushing against us before it is officially over.
ROFL ROFL - wouldn't it be ironic if, instead of Priest getting 2300, we gave up 2300 plus.

go bowe
09-19-2004, 04:49 PM
I think i can speak for us all by saying that no matter how much we bitch, complain, scratch, claw, etc... when it all comes back down kickoff next week.....we all know where were going to be!if it weren't for the 37 forever activities, i wouldn't go to the game next week...

i was so disappointed by the play on both sides of the ball that i thought about giving my ticket to my nephew..

but what the heck, semi-pro football (on the part of the chiefs) is better than no football at all... :( :( :(

Sure-Oz
09-19-2004, 04:50 PM
I'll forget about this loss come tuesday when Star Wars Trilogy comes out atleast.

Mr Grimm
09-19-2004, 04:51 PM
:banghead:

whishing he had bought the 1/2 price HD from sears.......

Deberg_1990
09-19-2004, 04:52 PM
I think i can speak for us all by saying that no matter how much we bitch, complain, scratch, claw, etc... when it all comes back down kickoff next week.....we all know where were going to be!

Well..we all Love this team and we want them to succeed. Its sad that we have some of the most loyal fans in the league and we are rewarded with such crap and mediocrity. If we didnt care then this board would be dead right now. Check out this Panthers board:

http://www.panthersfanz.com/forums/index.php?showforum=19

Its pretty much dead right now compared to this board and they just had a huge win! Amazing!

Mr Grimm
09-19-2004, 04:53 PM
if it weren't for the 37 forever activities, i wouldn't go to the game next week...

i was so disappointed by the play on both sides of the ball that i thought about giving my ticket to my nephew..

but what the heck, semi-pro football (on the part of the chiefs) is better than no football at all... :( :( :(

tell you what...you ever feel like NOT going.. just give ol' grimm here a call... i'd rather cry at arrowhead than at home anytime!!! at least maybe i can tip a porter on some poor unexpecting rival fan!

rocks
09-19-2004, 05:00 PM
I still believe also, but I must say that to be in it you have to win at home. Otherwise you are screwed! Lets get back on track next week.

Demonpenz
09-19-2004, 05:23 PM
I still think the team has a good chance of 8-8 (my prediction before the season) anyone who had them at 10 wins or above frankly doesn't know alot about football)

alanm
09-19-2004, 05:31 PM

I've been gone all afternoon. So excuse me if this has been posted.
In short... We need a Defense to win our division. In lieu of that a brand new defensive line. None, repeat none are getting the job done. That is all.

The Bad Guy
09-19-2004, 05:32 PM

Please tell me how Denver sucked more?

They didn't give up 184 rushing yards to a bunch of backups.

You need to understand football before you can talk about it.

The Bad Guy
09-19-2004, 05:34 PM
tell you what...you ever feel like NOT going.. just give ol' grimm here a call... i'd rather cry at arrowhead than at home anytime!!! at least maybe i can tip a porter on some poor unexpecting rival fan!

There lies the problem.

As long as ass keep sitting in the seats, King Carl is going to achieve all he really cares about, which is making money.

Boycott the games. Why can't we be cashed out like the team we follow? That's their excuse all the time.

Demonpenz
09-19-2004, 05:35 PM
The colts game will never happen again! ERRRRR

Deberg_1990
09-19-2004, 05:35 PM
There lies the problem.

As long as ass keep sitting in the seats, King Carl is going to achieve all he really cares about, which is making money.

Boycott the games. Why can't we be cashed out like the team we follow? That's their excuse all the time.

Im with you..id love it if next week..just 1 game nobody showed up to show their displeasure with this team.

go bowe
09-19-2004, 05:38 PM
ROFL ROFL - wouldn't it be ironic if, instead of Priest getting 2300, we gave up 2300 plus.while i see your point about the irony of it, it looks like we could give up than many and more, the way the d is playing against medicore, injury-plagued offenses...

what are they gonna do when they have to face some superior offenses??

i'm officially discouraged... :( :( :( :( :(

Baby Lee
09-19-2004, 05:41 PM
The colts game will never happen again! ERRRRR
What? A home playoff game?

go bowe
09-19-2004, 05:42 PM
Please tell me how Denver sucked more?

They didn't give up 184 rushing yards to a bunch of backups.

You need to understand football before you can talk about it.isn't that why the call it fantasy football?

oh, wait...

Sig Kauffman
09-19-2004, 06:05 PM
What? A home playoff game?

to quote the great Jim Mora:

PLAYOFFS? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Chiefs Pantalones
09-19-2004, 06:48 PM
I don't think the season is over yet. We play in a crappy division so we still got a chance. I'm not gonna lie and say we don't have problems, but we've also got 14 games left to fix this thing and I think we will.

Demonpenz
09-19-2004, 06:49 PM
don't worry guys it can't be anyworse than this!

Valiant
09-19-2004, 06:51 PM
don't worry guys it can't be anyworse than this!

typing or saying that is like saying 'kick me in the dick and sqaush my nuts...' never say that phrasea agian... :cuss:

Logical
09-19-2004, 06:52 PM
Fvck you, Vlad. You fvcking puzzy. This is the team you wanted. This is the team you told all us defensive homers to step out of the way and let the new age, rock and roll, plastic banana, good time offensive wack packers have their day. Admit it. You were an idiot to root for what has transpired, and the sad state of this team is a result of your deranged conception of what makes a quality NFL team.

LOL as long as the offense is rolling the Chiefs are a fun team to watch. I never said I wanted the worst defense in football. I merely said I wanted a dominant offense for a change. Till this year we had that.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-19-2004, 07:04 PM
A few things that I am ticked at...

1. We were told that the D would be more aggressive. Was it just me or on a 3rd and 5 we saw the CBs playing 10 yards off the ball and the Chiefs only rushed three. Then BOOM...15 yard gain to our 35 yard line. I thought GRob was behind this? Nope. Some of it is DV. Gunther doesn't like that but DV does. I heard this on the radio this past week. Also, Gunther doesn't like to rotate Dlinemen or play zone too much if at all. Guess who does? DV. I think DV overrules some calls on both offense and defense. He can do that, he's the HC, but that doesn't mean he's right.

2. We shouldn't have stood pat in the offseason with both the offense and the defense. DV said that you're either getting better or you're getting worse and that you shouldn't stay the same. He said that you should always look to improve personnel because of the above mentioned (getting better or getting worse). But he contradicted himself this offseason. Either that, or Carl overruled his wanting to upgrade. Or DV is just too dang loyal. Either way, they screwed up...again. They made this mistake in the offseason after 1995.

Anyway, it can't get any worse than this, hopefully. I wanna see both sides of the ball attacking next week and from now til' the end of the season. We were told the D would be more aggressive...I wanna see that against Houston and for the rest of the season.