PDA

View Full Version : Taco John - How did Barry Run Today?

KCWolfman
09-19-2004, 03:11 PM
2.6 a carry? Against Jacksonville?

I think we can state unequivocally that Barry's legacy is safe, don't you agree?

CHIEF4EVER
09-19-2004, 03:12 PM
2.6 a carry? Against Jacksonville?

I think we can state unequivocally that Barry's legacy is safe, don't you?

ROFL

Ari Chi3fs
09-19-2004, 03:13 PM
heh. well if Barry Sanders Griffin ran against our D each week, knock up 150 each week, he would have the NFL record.

Woo Hoo, go chiefs go! Go Gun Go!

Ugly Duck
09-19-2004, 03:18 PM
Quentin Saunders single-handedly lost the game for Denver today. They were 1 point behind with 1 minute to go on the Jax 24. All they had to do was make the easy FG to win the game. But they handed off to Q Saunders for one extra yard before they kicked the winning FG, and he fumbled. He fumbled away the win.

KCWolfman
09-19-2004, 03:26 PM
Quentin Saunders single-handedly lost the game for Denver today. They were 1 point behind with 1 minute to go on the Jax 24. All they had to do was make the easy FG to win the game. But they handed off to Q Saunders for one extra yard before they kicked the winning FG, and he fumbled. He fumbled away the win.
The real Barry Sanders would have punched through 4 or 5 players.

Taco John must feel really stupid right now.

Ari Chi3fs
09-19-2004, 03:30 PM
The real Barry Sanders would have punched through 4 or 5 players.

No. Im sure teh Donko faithful are finding solace in our ineptness.

KCWolfman
09-19-2004, 03:32 PM
No. Im sure teh Donko faithful are finding solace in our ineptness.
I take solace in my loss by knowing I was not a dumbass and going to a rival board touting a failure of a player, unlike the fool TJ has turned out to be.

CHIEF4EVER
09-19-2004, 03:33 PM

That wouldn't surprise me. Stupid is as stupid does. ROFL

Mile High Mania
09-19-2004, 03:39 PM
I can't and won't speak for TJ, but... KC's defense really doesn't give you a whole lot of room to talk smack.

CHIEF4EVER
09-19-2004, 03:43 PM
I can't and won't speak for TJ, but... KC's defense really doesn't give you a whole lot of room to talk smack.

We're not talking about Defenses, we're talking about RB's. And the RB in question is as weak as Taco's smack.

Ultra Peanut
09-19-2004, 03:50 PM
No. Im sure teh Donko faithful are finding solace in our ineptness.That's "ineptitude."

KCWolfman
09-19-2004, 03:54 PM
And if I went on orangemang and said how they resembld the steel curtain, you woul have a point. Our poor team play is no excuse for TJs stupid post.

2bikemike
09-19-2004, 04:03 PM
I wondered how QG would do today against somebody who could stop the run much better than the Chiefs.

It appears the guy has butter fingers too.

As far as our Sorry ass defense goes I hope like hell they get their crap together soon because this sucks.

Taco John
09-19-2004, 04:07 PM
Quentin Griffin and Barry Sanders have similar running styles. Having a below average day against one of the best rushing defenses in the league doesn't change anything. It has nothing to do with Barry's legacy, whatever legacy that is... It has to do with their physical running styles.

To say that they don't have similar running styles is to be in denial of the obvious. People aren't drawing the comparisons for nothing. It's because they have physically similar rushing styles. Why your panties are all bunched up about it, I can't imagine. Other than pure denial.

I don't feel stupid in the least for recognizing the obvious. I'd actually feel stupid if I posted a thread chastizing someone else, while being in total ignorance of where the Jacksonville run defense ranks on the food chain. But I can totally understand why you'd be ignorant of anything going on with the defensive side of the game.

TEX
09-19-2004, 04:18 PM
Quentin Griffin and Barry Sanders have similar running styles. Having a below average day against one of the best rushing defenses in the league doesn't change anything. It has nothing to do with Barry's legacy, whatever legacy that is... It has to do with their physical running styles.

To say that they don't have similar running styles is to be in denial of the obvious. People aren't drawing the comparisons for nothing. It's because they have physically similar rushing styles. Why your panties are all bunched up about it, I can't imagine. Other than pure denial.

I don't feel stupid in the least for recognizing the obvious. I'd actually feel stupid if I posted a thread chastizing someone else, while being in total ignorance of where the Jacksonville run defense ranks on the food chain. But I can totally understand why you'd be ignorant of anything going on with the defensive side of the game.

Is there fumbling style similar as well?

Taco John
09-19-2004, 04:25 PM
Is there fumbling style similar as well?

No.

Quentin's fumbling style is little more similar to this guy (http://qis.ucalgary.ca/~bsanders/).

Skip Towne
09-19-2004, 04:27 PM
While their styles may be similar, their results are quite different.

Rain Man
09-19-2004, 04:38 PM
Griffin goes down with the first hit, but on the other hand he also is prone to fumbling. Good thing he played the Chiefs in Week 1, or he'd already be on the bench.

KCWolfman
09-19-2004, 04:38 PM

People also drew comparisons to Elway and Plummer last week.

Yes, the running backs are similar, they are both small and have two legs. If you see more than that, good luck to you and I welcome many more posts from you this season.

Taco John
09-19-2004, 04:43 PM
Yes, the running backs are similar, they are both small and have two legs. If you see more than that, good luck to you and I welcome many more posts from you this season.

The similarity in running styles couldn't be more obvious.

http://www.sportingnews.com/archives/sanders/i/photo4.jpghttp://www.nfl.com/u/nfl/photos/nfl138c_lower.jpg

That's where I'd draw the line though.

Raiderhader
09-19-2004, 04:43 PM
Remember everyone who thought about starting him on their FFL this weak because of what he did against us?

I wonder how many suckers actually did so....

Pants
09-19-2004, 04:50 PM

http://www.sportingnews.com/archives/sanders/i/photo4.jpghttp://www.nfl.com/u/nfl/photos/nfl138c_lower.jpg

That's where I'd draw the line though.

WTF? That shows nothing...

Taco John
09-19-2004, 04:53 PM
Certainly it shows nothing similar... :rolleyes:

Skip Towne
09-19-2004, 04:59 PM
This thread is laughable.

Spicy McHaggis
09-19-2004, 05:09 PM
When I make cuts I look like that too. Does that mean I look like barry sanders also even though I'm 6 feet 195 lbs abd white?

WilliamTheIrish
09-19-2004, 05:24 PM
Yea, they both appear to be black.

jspchief
09-19-2004, 05:32 PM

wow. the resemblance is amazing...they both lean when they are cutting. I can't believe no one else in the NFL has tried running that way. Did you thank Ricky for sending you the extra strong suff?

KCWolfman
09-20-2004, 12:29 PM
Yes, they both move their legs when propelling forward. Or do you mean the proof positive photographic position that they tend to lean when they are running to left or right?

I hear tale that Randy Johnson bats similar to Ty Cobb as they both kept their hands together when they swung.

The Bad Guy
09-20-2004, 12:36 PM
Hey, I used to mimic Roger Clemen's pitching motion in Little League. I guess I can draw similarities to him as well.

Brock
09-20-2004, 12:38 PM

What an incredibly stupid thing to say.

BIG_DADDY
09-20-2004, 12:39 PM
Barry? ROFL

KCWolfman
09-20-2004, 12:43 PM
Barry? ROFL
Sure, Barry was short and black too.

In fact, I hear that Wayne Chrebet and Verne Troyer had similar styles in receiving. Verne just turned down the football career for bigger paychecks playing Mini-Me.

Cannibal
09-20-2004, 12:43 PM
While I agree that Griffen is no Barry Sanders, he went up against a rush D that has not allowed a 100 yard rusher for 17 straight weeks.

It is way too early to write him off.

He plays the Chargers next.

Logical
09-20-2004, 12:48 PM
We get our asses kicked two weeks in a row. So it is time to talk smaq?:shake:

KCWolfman
09-20-2004, 12:49 PM
If I go to a rival board and state how great my defense is, I would expect to be smacked, regardless of the outcome of the rival's game.

Yes, it is time to show how silly some analogies are, regardless of the team.

Brock
09-20-2004, 12:49 PM

It's always time to smack your fave team.

ChiTown
09-20-2004, 12:53 PM

It shows two backs making cut moves. So the **** what?

Logical
09-20-2004, 12:54 PM
If I go to a rival board and state how great my defense is, I would expect to be smacked, regardless of the outcome of the rival's game.

Yes, it is time to show how silly some analogies are, regardless of the team.

I tend to disagree. If your point is valid it just makes our defense all the more pathetic. TJ was premature in his enthusiasm that is a certainty but he deserved the right to talk smaq after his team kicked our asses from one end of the stadium to the other.

ENDelt260
09-20-2004, 12:55 PM
Heck, come to think of it... I bet Jerry West could have a great career as a running back.

http://www.batug.com/wallpaper/nbalogo1024.jpg

KCWolfman
09-20-2004, 01:01 PM
I tend to disagree. If your point is valid it just makes our defense all the more pathetic. TJ was premature in his enthusiasm that is a certainty but he deserved the right to talk smaq after his team kicked our asses from one end of the stadium to the other.
Sure he did. I never stated he didn't.

However, when he makes silly comparisons, he deserves the smack right back. According to you all we can do is piss and moan about our own games. If that is the case, ban the rivals as the discourse will be awful one sided all season.

ZootedGranny
09-20-2004, 01:04 PM
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/pigskinny/photos/huard.jpg

Holy shit! This entire time, the Chiefs have been using Damon Huard in the wrong capacity. Obviously the kid has moves, the picture tells no lies.

Logical
09-20-2004, 01:12 PM
Sure he did. I never stated he didn't.

However, when he makes silly comparisons, he deserves the smack right back. According to you all we can do is piss and moan about our own games. If that is the case, ban the rivals as the discourse will be awful one sided all season.

When I was growing up good sportsmanship included ignoring poor sportsmanship by your opponents. Rising above them is evidently a lost art.

Raiderhader
09-20-2004, 01:36 PM
When I was growing up good sportsmanship included ignoring poor sportsmanship by your opponents. Rising above them is evidently a lost art.

The pink taco made a moronic comparison. Calling him out to defend that position in light of new evidence is hardly poor sportsmanship.

If Bush should somehow lose this election, are you and I bound by sportsmanship to not call out the Kerry supporters when he makes them look like fools?

Chieficus
09-20-2004, 02:01 PM
Well, if all else fails...then there's always the savior redux... Tatum "Portis" Bell...

(I mean, heck, after all they're both 5'11 and of similar weight...the same build...kinda like Griffin and Sanders--so they're comparable, right???)

:jester:

jspchief
09-20-2004, 02:17 PM
I don't know about running style, but I do see some similarities to this guy when it comes to carrying the ball....

penguinz
09-20-2004, 02:36 PM

That's where I'd draw the line though.This is how most backs look when making there turn up field.

jspchief
09-20-2004, 02:40 PM
Did you hear about the high school kid that runs like Barry and holds the ball like Quentin?

J Diddy
09-20-2004, 02:41 PM
Did you hear about the high school kid that runs like Barry and holds the ball like Quentin?
ROFL

penguinz
09-20-2004, 02:41 PM
Found another future Barry Sanders.

Brock
09-20-2004, 02:45 PM

Shut up, idiot.

Demonpenz
09-20-2004, 02:46 PM
Whoa this guy runs exactly like Johnnie morton

ENDelt260
09-20-2004, 02:48 PM
ROFL

jspchief
09-20-2004, 02:49 PM
Oh lord!ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Raiderhader
09-20-2004, 02:50 PM

ROFL

J Diddy
09-20-2004, 02:51 PM
Shut up, idiot.

agreed

penguinz
09-20-2004, 02:53 PM
This guy looks like John elway!!!!

Taco John
09-20-2004, 02:55 PM
It's hilarious to me the amount of denial that exists in this place. I guess it's true. You guys seriously believe if you say something enough times, it will become true. If you say Gunther is all you need, you'll all eventually start believing it... If you say Quentin's style looks nothing like Barry Sanders running style, you'll all start believing it. Even if every football commentator with a microphone draws the same comparisons.

Everybody else is wrong. Chiefs Planet is right.

Very amusing.

KCWolfman
09-20-2004, 03:07 PM
It's hilarious to me the amount of denial that exists in this place. I guess it's true. You guys seriously believe if you say something enough times, it will become true. If you say Gunther is all you need, you'll all eventually start believing it... If you say Quentin's style looks nothing like Barry Sanders running style, you'll all start believing it. Even if every football commentator with a microphone draws the same comparisons.

Everybody else is wrong. Chiefs Planet is right.

Very amusing.
So if you say "every football commentator" enough, do you start to really believe that EVERY football commentator made the comparison?

KCWolfman
09-20-2004, 03:16 PM
When my opponents walk into my house, they lose that right.