PDA

View Full Version : Q. Griffin rushed 66 yards with 25 attempts

digi2fish
09-19-2004, 03:20 PM
...and Foster more than 160 yards in Arrowhead.

any team can send any one to destory our D by rushin'....
:banghead:

Rain Man
09-19-2004, 04:12 PM
OMG! Griffin is the next (Colonel) Sanders!

Skip Towne
09-19-2004, 05:09 PM
OMG! Griffin is the next (Colonel) Sanders!
I wonder how he'll do at selling insurance?

Braincase
09-19-2004, 05:47 PM
Difference is Jack Del Rio actually cares about defense.

Demonpenz
09-19-2004, 05:48 PM
that's about what priest had

Phobia
09-20-2004, 12:16 AM
I predicted Griffin would have under 80 and Foster over 150 and yet, I can't win in FFL. WTF?

|Zach|
09-20-2004, 12:21 AM
I predicted Griffin would have under 80 and Foster over 150 and yet, I can't win in FFL. WTF?
You had a rough first week, I thought you were ahead today though.

digi2fish
09-20-2004, 12:23 AM

now we figured the hint of FFL....
use the RBs of the opponents of Chiefs....

:banghead: :deevee:

KHinz57
09-20-2004, 12:24 AM
Don't worry about Quentin Griffin folks! He's just like Barry Sanders, so apparently that was just his career worst game, and he'll bounce back rushing for around 180 yard next week against San Diego. He is on his way to the Hall of Fame.

Phobia
09-20-2004, 12:27 AM
You had a rough first week, I thought you were ahead today though.

Not for long. My opp has Moss and a K tomorrow and my lead is 10. I spaced the S. Davis start. I forgot I had him in this league. Not that it mattered anyway, I didn't have anybody worth anything to play instead....

I lost in my other league, too. I have 4 good WR's, but can't ever put the right combination on the field. Last week I left 30 points on the bench for WR's, so I changed it up this week. Left 34 points on the bench. :banghead:

|Zach|
09-20-2004, 12:29 AM
Not for long. My opp has Moss and a K tomorrow and my lead is 10. I spaced the S. Davis start. I forgot I had him in this league. Not that it mattered anyway, I didn't have anybody worth anything to play instead....

I lost in my other league, too. I have 4 good WR's, but can't ever put the right combination on the field. Last week I left 30 points on the bench for WR's, so I changed it up this week. Left 34 points on the bench. :banghead:My game is tied at 72 and all of his guys have played. The only one left for me is McNabb. So I am counting on McNabb to get a single point for the win.

2-0

Quite strange I thought my team would suck beyond any FFL team that has ever sucked. Oh well...it is early in the season and there is a lot of fake ass football to be played. As well as real football.

tk13
09-20-2004, 12:29 AM
This just simply shows that the Jaguars are the next incarnation of the 85 Bears, they shut down the most skilled running back in the history of the NFL.

Ugly Duck
09-20-2004, 12:30 AM
Q. Griffin rushed 66 yards with 25 attemptsIts the System. Shannahan can plug any old RB into the System and get 66 yards. He's a jenious.

KHinz57
09-20-2004, 12:34 AM
This just simply shows that the Jaguars are the next incarnation of the 85 Bears, they shut down the most skilled running back in the history of the NFL.

Just like the Bears stopped Barry Sanders, the Jaguars are doing the same to his clone. Again, don't worry, Griffin is on his way to the Hall of Fame.

go bowe
09-20-2004, 01:56 AM
now we figured the hint of FFL....
use the RBs of the opponents of Chiefs....

:banghead: :deevee:good point...

sad but true... :(

Boardin Bronco
09-20-2004, 01:56 AM
Give Quentin a break.

He only went against the best pair of DTs in the game (Marcus Stroud and John Henderson).

This team has not allowed a 100 yard rusher in 17 games.

Phobia
09-20-2004, 01:57 AM
Give Quentin a break.

He only went against the best pair of DTs in the game (Marcus Stroud and John Henderson).

I agree. I don't know why the Jags D doesn't get more credit.

go bowe
09-20-2004, 02:00 AM
Its the System. Shannahan can plug any old RB into the System and get 66 yards. He's a jenious.ROFL ROFL ROFL

i didn't know they allowed raid-er fans to be funny around here... :p :p :p

digi2fish
09-20-2004, 02:17 AM
I agree. I don't know why the Jags D doesn't get more credit.

I'm just wishing we have something like that defense.....
:deevee:

tk13
09-20-2004, 02:25 AM
Give Quentin a break.

I honestly think he'll be alright, I've thought all along he can handle the role of feature back but I don't think he's Clinton Portis...

That said, I was getting awful tired of hearing the Barry Sanders comparisons, that's all really.... I mean I know people get hyped up in this day and age but let's just let Quentin be Quentin and not one of the greatest RB's to ever play the game.

Boardin Bronco
09-20-2004, 02:54 AM
I honestly think he'll be alright, I've thought all along he can handle the role of feature back but I don't think he's Clinton Portis...

That said, I was getting awful tired of hearing the Barry Sanders comparisons, that's all really.... I mean I know people get hyped up in this day and age but let's just let Quentin be Quentin and not one of the greatest RB's to ever play the game.

Agreed.

I don't think Q will be one of the top five running backs in the league. Even top ten is stretching it. However, I think he can be a highly productive second tier RB in the 1,300-1,400 yard range.

Yes, there have been a few cuckoos that have made a straight up Griffin to Sanders comparison and these people have little football credibility to begin with.

On the other hand, some observers might see one of Griffin's open field jukes and it reminds them of something Barry Sanders used to do. That doesn't imply the person believes Q is in the same league of Sanders.

Mile High Mania
09-20-2004, 07:43 AM
I'm less concerned with the fact that Q was contained against a tough Jags' defense. I'm incredibly more conerned with his desire to cough up the ball on critical scoring drives.

Week 1 - he loses it deep in the redzone when Denver really needed a TD.

Week 2 - he loses it well within Elam's wheel-house when a FG would have given them the win.

I'm continuing to be cautiously optimisitc with Q and becoming more eager to see Tatum Bell.