PDA

View Full Version : Good performances and bad performances - Week 2.

Rain Man
09-19-2004, 04:59 PM
Good performances:

Eric Warfield. The star of our defense.

Lional Dalton. It won't show up in the stats, but he blew up several plays.

Tony Gonzalez. Looked better than he did last week, that's for sure.

Will Shields. Mr. Consistency.

Priest Holmes. Not his best performance, but that long run was pretty. I hope he's not hurt.

Willie Pile. For a first-time starter, he wasn't the weak link. That's good.

Tony Richardson. Blocked well today, and even got a few touches.

Bad performances:

Brian Waters. What was up with him today? He was standing around, he was missing people..not pretty.

Ryan Sims. One nation, under God, invisible...

Eric Hicks. Now you see him, now you don't. No, wait. We never did see him.

Trent Green. After a very strong start, he faded badly, which is unusual.

Richard Smith. Wish he would've caught one of those.

Dick Vermeil/Al Saunders. Should've gone for it on 4th and 1 at the ten.

Willie Roaf. Granted, he was put one on one against a top-notch guy, and he won his share, but I'm not used to him losing any plays.

Did I miss anybody?

Skip Towne
09-19-2004, 05:03 PM
Quinten Sanders didn't do very well either.

Deberg_1990
09-19-2004, 05:06 PM
Hell they all sucked this week....the O and D is equally to blame......

Saulbadguy
09-19-2004, 05:09 PM
Good performances: Steve Cheek, Lawrence Tynes

Cheek punted well IMO. Tynes missed that 47 yarder, but had good kickoffs. (When was the last time we put not 1..but 2 in the end zone?)

Deberg_1990
09-19-2004, 05:11 PM

Cheek punted well IMO. Tynes missed that 47 yarder, but had good kickoffs. (When was the last time we put not 1..but 2 in the end zone?)

Agreed.....they both look like Playa's....our Defensive secondary pretty much sucks except for Warfield ( I cant believe im saying that) and Wesley who was out today....am i the only one who thinks Woods is overrated?

2bikemike
09-19-2004, 05:11 PM

To tell you the truth before Tynes I can't remember the last time any kickoffs went for a touchback.

Rain Man
09-19-2004, 05:13 PM
I'm sure glad everyone else thinks Tynes is great.

Iowanian
09-19-2004, 05:13 PM
My "bitch of the week" is Johnny Morton.

He saw the safety coming and never even raised his arms to attempt to catch the ball.......He's got less heart, than attraction to Women.

ChiefsFanatic
09-19-2004, 05:16 PM
Mcleon looks like the weak link. He played so poorly today, it was laughable, Delhomme just missed a long TD pass early, because MM was 8 yards behind him.

When he actually managed to stay in his jock, he could'nt make a tackle to save his life.

We may never know how much Warfield has improved, because other teams never need to throw his way, cause Mcleon is on the other side.

Rain Man
09-19-2004, 05:16 PM
I must say this, too: yes, our defense is giving up a similar number of points, and yes, the tackling is a flag football nightmare, BUT: it's not as frustrating because they're actually attacking sometimes, and they aren't just lining up off the ball and falling back by design every play.

Iowanian
09-19-2004, 05:20 PM
"IF" they hadn't given up the 71yd run......We'd probably be pretty content with holding Foster to 100yds....but they didn't, so we aren't.

There were alot of plays the defense "almost" made.......The TD while in the grasp.....hits just as the ball was thrown..........

Deberg_1990
09-19-2004, 05:34 PM
There were alot of plays the defense "almost" made......

Same defense we have had since 2001 season..just a different Conductor orchestrating the choir...

2bikemike
09-19-2004, 05:38 PM
I have to give my best performance award to my waitress. She kept my drink filled and she looked pretty damn good too!

As far as the game goes I would just as soon forget about this one.

Raiderhader
09-19-2004, 06:00 PM
"IF" they hadn't given up the 71yd run......We'd probably be pretty content with holding Foster to 100yds....but they didn't, so we aren't.

There were alot of plays the defense "almost" made.......The TD while in the grasp.....hits just as the ball was thrown..........

That was just a lucky play for Carolina. JD never should have thrown that ball, it was a stupid pass. There just happened to be someone in the vicinity of where the ball ended up.

I suppose you could get on Monty for not taking Jake down soon enough, but he did get stiff armed as he was grabbing him.

elvomito
09-19-2004, 06:37 PM
dalton really looked good. his fat ass is a good addition to the line.

el borracho
09-19-2004, 06:47 PM
McCleon was horrible today. Not good news if we start putting eight in the box (which seems likely to stop the run) and leaving our corners alone.

Rain Man
09-19-2004, 06:47 PM
Yeah, that first Carolina TD was 50/50. It was equally likely to have been a TD for KC or for Carolina. He never even looked as he chucked it up.

Raiderhader
09-19-2004, 06:54 PM
I'll add that why Welbourne might not have played like a pro bowler, he did better than at any other time I have seen him this season. And no offsides calls on him either.

Saulbadguy
09-19-2004, 06:56 PM
I'll add that why Welbourne might not have played like a pro bowler, he did better than at any other time I have seen him this season. And no offsides calls on him either.
Yeah..and Eddie Kennison didn't get any roughing the passer calls either :D

Terribilis
09-19-2004, 06:56 PM
beisel was horrible...it was clear that he is not a starter mlb imo. But clearly the worst player was morton. I campletely lost respect for him today. that play over the middle was awful; not to mention the hold on priests big run.
Dalton on the other hand was a beast, i was actually pretty happy withthe dline in general, now if they could just get alittle support from the lb's. did barber do anything today?

donkhater
09-19-2004, 06:57 PM
I'm sure glad everyone else thinks Tynes is great.
Not great, but he's good so far. When he misses something shorter than a 45 yarder, I'll complain. Professional kickers should be next to automatic from those distances.

Raiderhader
09-19-2004, 06:58 PM
Yeah..and Eddie Kennison didn't get any roughing the passer calls either :D

Oh, shut up.

KHinz57
09-19-2004, 09:38 PM
Although Willie Pile did play well, where do you think we'd be at if we had Greg Wesley in there today? Heck, since we're playing the "what if" game, what if Mike Mazlowski was in there today at MLB instead of Beisel, whom is not very good?

Chiefnj
09-19-2004, 09:43 PM
The Good:
1. Warfield. Looks like his back is fine.
2. Dalton. Might have had the best game of his career.
3. The OL. Overall a great job. Trent got pressured, but you have to remember this is the Panthers who have a great front 4. You can't sit in the pocket too long. They should have had more 3 and 5 step drops and release the ball.
4. Gonzo.

The bad:
Pretty much everyone else. I'm most peeved by Saunder's 4th and 3 pitch to Blaylock. You don't move the ball in the wrong direction at that point in the game. You don't pitch it back making it 4th and 8 with your backup HB!

TEX
09-19-2004, 09:51 PM
The Good:
3. The OL. Overall a great job. Trent got pressured, but you have to remember this is the Panthers who have a great front 4. You can't sit in the pocket too long. They should have had more 3 and 5 step drops and release the ball.
4. Gonzo.

The bad:
Pretty much everyone else. I'm most peeved by Saunder's 4th and 3 pitch to Blaylock. You don't move the ball in the wrong direction at that point in the game. You don't pitch it back making it 4th and 8 with your backup HB!

Nor do you run to the short end of the field... :cuss:

Raiderhader
09-19-2004, 09:54 PM
The Good:
4. Gonzo.

The bad:

That was just a garbage play, they had already surrendered at that point.

Saulbadguy
09-19-2004, 10:02 PM
Yeah. I hate it when people bitch about the plays that we KNOW don't make a difference. :03 seconds left, hail mary throw..why did we throw it X and not Y? Boo hoo.

Chiefnj
09-19-2004, 10:23 PM

Garbage time my ass. They turned the ball over just shy of 5 minutes in Carolina territory. The best offense the past 2 years in the NFL shouldn't be giving up at that point. There was more than enough time to score and get the ball back.

Rain Man
09-19-2004, 10:26 PM
I'm most peeved by Saunder's 4th and 3 pitch to Blaylock. You don't move the ball in the wrong direction at that point in the game. You don't pitch it back making it 4th and 8 with your backup HB!

I didn't think the run was a bad play, but I was surprised that they ran to the short end of the field. With Blaylock's speed, they should've run it to the long side.