PDA

View Full Version : First Down Elvis has a good question that needs answered by us fans

BigRedChief
09-20-2004, 07:35 AM
It's so horrible, I think we should stick around and be machosistic for the whole season. Are we the dumbest fans in the league? We keep cheering for them over and over again. when your team isn't playing well, you don't stand around and take it. Are wereally that dumb, or are we unable to break free because we don't know any better or should just stop being fans all together?
Guilty as charged good buddy...guilty as charged. But what do we do about it. I love my Chiefs. I can't give up my season tickets just yet...

But how do we effect change as a fan? Just not show up for the games but pay for the season tickets? Tell them we are giving up on them and to cancel our season tickets? Lead protests? Write letters? What is the answer? Your opinion?

Rausch
09-20-2004, 07:45 AM
You cheer on your team, watch the game next week, and hope they find a way to win...

the Talking Can
09-20-2004, 07:50 AM
you go to the game, come home, drink till black out, beat your kids, drive your truck into your neighbors pool, sleep on the floating hood, pee in your jeans, blame it on CP...

memyselfI
09-20-2004, 07:51 AM
Dang, that sounds like one of my rants during the Grdebacle. :eek:

chief52
09-20-2004, 07:52 AM
You cheer on your team, watch the game next week, and hope they find a way to win...

That is about all you can do...

Hydrae
09-20-2004, 08:02 AM
you go to the game, come home, drink till black out, beat your kids, drive your truck into your neighbors pool, sleep on the floating hood, pee in your jeans, blame it on CP...

Hey! It's not the Planet's fault! :cuss:

BigRedChief
09-20-2004, 08:02 AM
Nobody can question First Down Elvis's passion for the team. He's having the same thoughts we all are...Our we gluttons for punishment...Are we becoming the Cubs of the NFL? Passoinate supporters of our team but nothing to show for it.

Saulbadguy
09-20-2004, 08:05 AM
Whats the question?

Mile High Mania
09-20-2004, 08:08 AM
Fans need to be fans. Sure, the front office needs to receive a "messge" from the fans, but in the end - you need to support your team.

We're all very passionate about our respective teams, but we all have issues with how the owners run the team or how the current teams were built.

Just like all the BS that Bowlen does that drives me crazy, what am I to do? Stop cheering for the team I've loved for 2 decades?

I understand why you guys are at the breaking point, but you have to support your 'team'. It's not their fault. Hunt, Peterson, Vermeil and company need a message ... but, you have to support your team.

stevieray
09-20-2004, 08:13 AM
Sorry ya'll, I was being sarcastic...to a point.

People bitch, but don't do anything...but bitch some more.

While I'm not happy, I can't go down that road.

Saulbadguy
09-20-2004, 08:15 AM
We took a gamble this year...a calculated risk. We believed, and so did CP and DV, that bringing in a new defensive scheme would improve the defense.

Sorry, but just about everyone sang Gunthers praises, and believed he could turn the defense around, including myself. There were a skeptical few that believed we did not have enough talent, and now i'm starting to believe that too.

Hindsight is 20/20. They made a poor decision IMO, but at the time, they believed it was the right one, as did most of you.

Saulbadguy
09-20-2004, 08:17 AM
Oh..and I will continue to support this team no matter what. My advice to you fans who want to take arms and do something about this teams poor performance: write a letter. It will make you feel better, and heck, they might even read it. Not showing up to the games, or god for bid "protesting" won't help the situation at all.

Brian Myles
09-20-2004, 08:20 AM
For christs' sake we're 0-2 not 0-12. We've lost two games to good teams. I would suggest rather that choosing any of the above options try getting a life so that you have something to keep you from putting so much importance on the outcome of a football game. Being a fan is fun and frustrating for everyone. To make such a drama out of it is sad and pathetic. If it bugs you so much just find something else to spend your time on.

I gave up on the Royals and my life is now easier. If they win it's great. If they don't so what. It doesn't make me a different person and it certainly doesn't send me into a deep depression or make me feel that "I" have a responsibility as a fan to do something about it. The Chiefs will probably win a more than a few games this year and may still get a playoff spot. If they don't, then Vermeil, Peterson and company will be the ones to pay for it, not us.

If you really wanna protest though, stop buying tickets and going to the games. Some empty seat in Arrowhead will hurt their bottom line...as well as their egos....and maye they'll get the message that they need to work harder to win if they want our financial support. Otherwise stop whinning.

BigRedChief
09-20-2004, 08:24 AM
For christs' sake we're 0-2 not 0-12. We've lost two games to good teams. I would suggest rather that choosing any of the above options try getting a life so that you have something to keep you from putting so much importance on the outcome of a football game. Being a fan is fun and frustrating for everyone. To make such a drama out of it is sad and pathetic. If it bugs you so much just find something else to spend your time on.

I gave up on the Royals and my life is now easier. If they win it's great. If they don't so what. It doesn't make me a different person and it certainly doesn't send me into a deep depression or make me feel that "I" have a responsibility as a fan to do something about it. The Chiefs will probably win a more than a few games this year and may still get a playoff spot. If they don't, then Vermeil, Peterson and company will be the ones to pay for it, not us.

If you really wanna protest though, stop buying tickets and going to the games. Some empty seat in Arrowhead will hurt their bottom line...as well as their egos....and maye they'll get the message that they need to work harder to win if they want our financial support. Otherwise stop whinning.

You got some personal issues dude...

Brian Myles
09-20-2004, 08:25 AM
Sorry ya'll, I was being sarcastic...to a point.

People bitch, but don't do anything...but bitch some more.

While I'm not happy, I can't go down that road.
Gotcha Stevieray.... I understand your pain but it's amazing how little I care about what happened yesterday since I decided to stop letting losses get to me.

Saulbadguy
09-20-2004, 08:27 AM
In 01 and 02 there WERE empty seats in Arrowhead. 03 there was not. Hint hint? :D

Ari Chi3fs
09-20-2004, 08:28 AM
id like to see about 20,000 empty seats next sunday, although... the tickets have already been purchased.

WarCry!
09-20-2004, 08:29 AM
Gotcha Stevieray.... I understand your pain but it's amazing how little I care about what happened yesterday since I decided to stop letting losses get to me.

It's not the loss that gets to me. It's watching the team I love play like absolute dogcrap for an entire game that gets to me....

Brian Myles
09-20-2004, 08:29 AM
You got some personal issues dude...
Why, because I can separate rooting for my favorite football team from being happy in the rest of my life. OK.

Brian Myles
09-20-2004, 08:30 AM
It's not the loss that gets to me. It's watching the team I love play like absolute dogcrap for an entire game that gets to me....
It probably helps that I didn't get to see the game yesterday. My local affiliates didn't carry it so I didn't have to suffer through it.

BigRedChief
09-20-2004, 08:36 AM
Why, because I can separate rooting for my favorite football team from being happy in the rest of my life. OK.
So you think that if we whine and bemoan the performance of our team on a BB that we are unhappy in the other parts of our life? That we are kicking our dog, beating our wifes and calling in sick to work?

I thought your post was arrogantly telling us to get a life. I've bitched a lot about King Carl's personnel decisions but I'd say overall I'm a frigging big ass homer that doesn't need a lecture from you.

Brian Myles
09-20-2004, 08:50 AM
I thought your post was arrogantly telling us to get a life.
Honestly I didn't mean it that way but re-reading it now I can understand your point. My bad...and my apologies.

I've bitched a lot about King Carl's personnel decisions but I'd say overall I'm a frigging big ass homer that doesn't need a lecture from you.
Oh I think if you need one thing mr. man it's a lecture from me....

:p

(kidding)

Mr. Kotter
09-20-2004, 08:55 AM

Great post; although some of us find it hard to do. :thumb:

Bob Dole
09-20-2004, 08:56 AM
How is Bob Dole going to deal with the 0-2 start?

Bob Dole is going to plop his ass down in the driver's seat of his 2.3CL, drive himself to KC next weekend, and increase the overall volume level about 20db.

Raiderhader
09-20-2004, 08:58 AM
I'll continue to support my team.

But for anyone who is serious about sending a message, the way to do it is stop buying tickets and cancel your season tickets.

Raiderhader
09-20-2004, 08:59 AM

Bob Dole is going to plop his ass down in the driver's seat of his 2.3CL, drive himself to KC next weekend, and increase the overall volume level about 20db.

There we go, that's the attitude I like to see.

OldTownChief
09-20-2004, 09:01 AM
I went to games throughout the 70's, 80's, and 90's. Not gonna stop now. I would suggest putting a paper bag on our heads whenever the D takes the field.

J Diddy
09-20-2004, 09:01 AM
So you think that if we whine and bemoan the performance of our team on a BB that we are unhappy in the other parts of our life? That we are kicking our dog, beating our wifes and calling in sick to work?

I thought your post was arrogantly telling us to get a life. I've bitched a lot about King Carl's personnel decisions but I'd say overall I'm a frigging big ass homer that doesn't need a lecture from you.

snippy snippy

Hit a sore point there, eh.

:)

Phobia
09-20-2004, 09:13 AM
FDE is a dear friend to me, but I've discovered that I disagree with damn near everything he says about the Chiefs after a loss. Every once in a while, we'll disagree strongly on the board but invariably, he knows he's wrong and I'm always right. I don't know if that answered the original question, but that's my answer anyway. FDE is wrong and I'm right.

BigRedChief
09-20-2004, 09:14 AM
snippy snippy

Hit a sore point there, eh.

:)

Got to lash out at someone...I cant kick my dog..:p

Mr. Kotter
09-20-2004, 09:39 AM
I'll continue to support my team.

But for anyone who is serious about sending a message, the way to do it is stop buying tickets and cancel your season tickets.

Yeah; those of us that are real fans wanna move closer to the 50 yd line, and down into the lower deck.... :thumb:

Raiderhader
09-20-2004, 09:41 AM
Yeah; those of us that are real fans wanna move closer to the 50 yd line, and down into the lower deck.... :thumb:

ROFL Exactly.

ChiefFripp
09-20-2004, 09:57 AM
The way I look at it, when playoffs are out of the picture, just watch game to game in hopes of a victory. Now if they have a bunch of years in a row where they don't make the playoffs, then give up hope.

King_Chief_Fan
09-20-2004, 09:59 AM
I went to games throughout the 70's, 80's, and 90's. Not gonna stop now. I would suggest putting a paper bag on our heads whenever the D takes the field.

Since the KC star always gives free papers at the game, it would get attention if the fans pretended (or acutally) read the paper when the D plays.

Nzoner
09-20-2004, 10:00 AM
The Chiefs remind me of a girl I knew in college,she could be a heartbreaker at times but the overall experience of gameday was just too good to tell her to go to hell.

TEX
09-20-2004, 10:47 AM
The Chiefs remind me of a girl I knew in college,she could be a heartbreaker at times but the overall experience of gameday was just too good to tell her to go to hell.

ROFL :clap:

ROYC75
09-20-2004, 10:47 AM
Heck, who would have thought it, 3 weeks ago I could have sold my tickets to next weeks game for a nice profit and waited till this week to purchase sombody elses for 1/2 price ! :rolleyes:

ROYC75
09-20-2004, 10:50 AM

No sh*t...I'm driving 500 miles this weekend bringing my daughter and grandson to there 1st game.

One would say that I'm glutting for cruel and unusual punishment this weekend !

BigRedChief
12-10-2007, 06:59 AM
Same questions being raised now in 2007 as they were in 2004. What have we learned since 2004?

For me I guess it's just that I love the Chiefs and game days too much to stay away.

But, Now I'm feeling that some kind of "statement" needs to be made by the fans to the front office and Clark Hunt. What that "statement" could be? Who knows if it would even make a difference.:hmmm:

Sfeihc
12-10-2007, 07:11 AM
The only way for the fan to really have a voice is to speak with their wallet.

Nzoner
12-10-2007, 07:15 AM

but she broke my heart one too many times so I settled for a lesser gameday experience but I'm getting laid more regularly.

HonestChieffan
12-10-2007, 07:22 AM

And stop buying anything that says Chiefs.

luv
12-10-2007, 07:45 AM
I like going to games, win or lose. I like buying Chiefs stuff. I vote for writing letters.

Skip Towne
12-10-2007, 07:48 AM
I'm not going to write a letter but I would send an email if somebody posted an addy for the Chiefs.

InChiefsHell
12-10-2007, 07:55 AM
Wow...I got halfway down page one before I realized this thread originated in 2004...deja vu all over again...:shake:

BigRedChief
12-10-2007, 07:58 AM
I'm not going to write a letter but I would send an email if somebody posted an addy for the Chiefs.
Mailing Address:
Kansas City Chiefs
One Arrowhead Drive
Kansas City, MO 64129

Contact the KC Chiefs Ambassadors(Former Chief Players):
http://www.kcambassadors.com/docs/contact.asp

All the known Chief emails are formatted like:
firstname.lastname@chiefs.NFL.com

BigRedChief
12-10-2007, 07:59 AM
Wow...I got halfway down page one before I realized this thread originated in 2004...deja vu all over again...:shake:
Thats why I bumped it. 3 years and we are still stuck in the same position.:banghead:

HemiEd
12-10-2007, 09:12 AM
I think it is an individual choice. If you truly believe that Herm is the leader that can turn these young players into winners, then you should support them.

If you think he is an idiot that keeps throwing people under the bus, one that couldn't lead a group of bumms out of the rain, then you should boycott the team.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-10-2007, 09:47 AM
I like going to games, win or lose. I like buying Chiefs stuff. I vote for writing letters.

Dumbass.

el borracho
12-10-2007, 09:56 AM
People need to realize their place; we are fans, we are not part of the organization. It isn't our place to effect any organizational changes. If you wish to express your displeasure there are a number of options but let's not get this thing twisted. It isn't up to us to effect any changes.

BigRedChief
12-10-2007, 10:09 AM
People need to realize their place; we are fans, we are not part of the organization. It isn't our place to effect any organizational changes. If you wish to express your displeasure there are a number of options but let's not get this thing twisted. It isn't up to us to effect any changes.
I agree, the organization is responsible but what are fans to do when they are feeling ignored?

Frazod
12-10-2007, 10:19 AM
The only way for the fan to really have a voice is to speak with their wallet.

Yes. Nothing else matters to these clowns.

Watching the Chiefs (especially when they suck and get zero play outside the Kansas City area) isn't just a matter of flipping on the TV for me; I'm either paying for Sunday Ticket or driving a 1,000 mile round trip. These pricks quite frankly aren't worth either right now.

el borracho
12-10-2007, 10:29 AM
I agree, the organization is responsible but what are fans to do when they are feeling ignored?
Options to express your displeasure:
Write letters to the organization
Organize protests
Stop attending

el borracho
12-10-2007, 10:31 AM
Yes. Nothing else matters to these clowns.

Watching the Chiefs (especially when they suck and get zero play outside the Kansas City area) isn't just a matter of flipping on the TV for me; I'm either paying for Sunday Ticket or driving a 1,000 mile round trip. These pricks quite frankly aren't worth either right now.
Why don't you just go to a sport's bar?

Cochise
12-10-2007, 10:34 AM
Empty seats is the only way.

Frazod
12-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Why don't you just go to a sport's bar?

The cost of Sunday Ticket works out to around $20 a game. I'd easily spend that amount at a sports bar, if not more. Plus, there is the COMPLETE AND UTTER SHAME FACTOR of sporting team colors in public considering the way these clowns are absolutely disgracing us, themselves, Kansas City and Missouri in general.

el borracho
12-10-2007, 10:45 AM
The cost of Sunday Ticket works out to around $20 a game. I'd easily spend that amount at a sports bar, if not more. Plus, there is the COMPLETE AND UTTER SHAME FACTOR of sporting team colors in public considering the way these clowns are absolutely disgracing us, themselves, Kansas City and Missouri in general.
You might spend the same amount but you would get more for your money.

$20 for the game at home

or

$20 for the game, some food and beverages at the sports bar (although your preference for expensive scotch may change this equation).

el borracho
12-10-2007, 10:47 AM
Oh, by the way, I feel no shame for being a fan of a bad team. It is the team that sucks- I'm still cool.

Demonpenz
12-10-2007, 10:49 AM
Frazod doesn't like people, plus he would run into cubs fans if he went out.

HemiEd
12-10-2007, 10:51 AM
Plus, there is the COMPLETE AND UTTER SHAME FACTOR of sporting team colors in public considering the way these clowns are absolutely disgracing us.

I am paying for an oversight right now going to my rehab. It had never dawned on me, that all of my sweatshirts are Chiefs sweatshirts. :banghead:

Hey Tim, thanks for the info on the pet food place! :thumb:

Frazod
12-10-2007, 10:57 AM
Frazod doesn't like people, plus he would run into cubs fans if he went out.

True, but I do enjoy tormenting Cub fans, which is easily done by wearing my Cardinals gear. :)

Frazod
12-10-2007, 10:58 AM
I am paying for an oversight right now going to my rehab. It had never dawned on me, that all of my sweatshirts are Chiefs sweatshirts. :banghead:

Hey Tim, thanks for the info on the pet food place! :thumb:

You're welcome.