PDA

View Full Version : LJ on the bench in front of the fan

GoTrav
09-20-2004, 10:40 AM
anyone watching the game catch when the camera jumped to LJ sitting his fat as$, alone, on the pine in front of the fan? He looked like he gave two sh1ts, shouldn't he be standing on the sideline next to his teammates? Classic.

jcroft
09-20-2004, 10:42 AM
Made me think of Leon from those commercials.

GoTrav
09-20-2004, 10:44 AM
lol, that's exactly what someone else said I was watching the game with.

Frankie
09-20-2004, 10:45 AM
LJ's situation is being mis-handled IMO. We need to trade his ass out of here regardless of the cap hit. We have holes to plug and he is wasting a roster spot.

jcroft
09-20-2004, 10:46 AM
The only difference between Leon and LJ is that Leon is (apparently) the star of his team.

NewChief
09-20-2004, 10:46 AM
I heard he was also like 1.5 hours late for practice one day last week. Anyone else hear about that?

jcroft
09-20-2004, 10:47 AM
LJ's situation is being mis-handled IMO. We need to trade his ass out of here regardless of the cap hit. We have holes to plug and he is wasting a roster spot.

I agree that we need to trade. I don't think I agree that he's wasting a roster spot. I'm pretty sure Vermeil would want to carry three RBs, which means if we trade him we have to fll his roster sport with another RB.

But yes, I'd love to see us get something for him before it's too late (it might already be too late).

KevB
09-20-2004, 10:47 AM
anyone watching the game catch when the camera jumped to LJ sitting his fat as$, alone, on the pine in front of the fan? He looked like he gave two sh1ts, shouldn't he be standing on the sideline next to his teammates? Classic.

Our draft classes over the last several years have been a spectacular failure, and LJ is becoming the prime example. I like his passion and desire to play, but unless he directs it in a positive manner, he's a cancer.

Iowanian
09-20-2004, 10:49 AM
I thought he was the "#2 RB" and was a little suprised when Blaylock was in the game.

Sounds like he was pouting.

Stop being a biatch and work harder. Too bad he can't play LT, RT, DT, MLB, or CB either.

jcroft
09-20-2004, 10:51 AM
Nah, he's never really been the #2 RB. He's pushed Blaylock a few times, but Derrick always beats him out.

HC_Chief
09-20-2004, 10:52 AM
I don't blame him. He's buried in the depth-chart, the team is playing like crap and he's not being given a chance to help outside of ST. They show no faith in him.

Wasted #1 pick.

Might as well trade him if we're just going park him on the bench.

J Diddy
09-20-2004, 10:52 AM
I thought he was the "#2 RB" and was a little suprised when Blaylock was in the game.

Sounds like he was pouting.

Stop being a biatch and work harder. Too bad he can't play LT, RT, DT, MLB, or CB either.

That's it, move him to MLB.

If we can move safeties to corners why not?

HC_Chief
09-20-2004, 10:53 AM
That's it, move him to MLB.

If we can move safeties to corners why not?

Nah, that's what DEs are for ;)

jcroft
09-20-2004, 10:55 AM
I don't blame him. He's buried in the depth-chart, the team is playing like crap and he's not being given a chance to help outside of ST. They show no faith in him.

Wasted #1 pick.

We should trade him, but I still blame him for acting like a baby (if that's what he was doing, which seems likley since he's done it before).

He's not helping anyone, most of all himself, by pouting and moaning. Why doesn't he just go to Carl and demand a trade if he's so unhappy? It's not good for his image to be a whiner who brings his teammates down and to be seen like that on national TV. The other teams that could be interested will see that shit...

J Diddy
09-20-2004, 10:58 AM
Nah, that's what DEs are for ;)

Ok I think I've got it.

Bartee, warfield, and battle safeties in college now corners.
Stills linebacker now a defensive end.
Beisel defensive end now a linebacker.

I'm so confused.

ChiTown
09-20-2004, 11:02 AM
Wasted #1 pick.

Yeah, right. That would actually take Carl admitting he's a Draft Day dumbass. You think that's going to happen during the season? NFW. He'll let this team bleed to death before he pulls that trigger.

Chi
~hoping Carl takes the bait;)

LVNHACK
09-20-2004, 11:04 AM

Way true......But what would ya get for him....????.....He's never proven anything in the NFL.......

LVNHACK
09-20-2004, 11:05 AM
Yeah, right. That would actually take Carl admitting he's a Draft Day dumbass. You think that's going to happen during the season? NFW. He'll let this team bleed to death before he pulls that trigger.

Chi
~hoping Carl takes the bait;)

To think Carl is gonna take the bait is to assume he reads the BB......That would put him down with the little people.......

jcroft
09-20-2004, 11:08 AM
Actually, I bet Carl does read the board. But to expect him to take the bait would be to expect him to read the board and do something other than roll his eyes. And <em>that</em> is an unrealistic expectation.

LVNHACK
09-20-2004, 11:11 AM
Actually, I bet Carl does read the board. But to expect him to take the bait would be to expect him to read the board and do something other than roll his eyes. And <em>that</em> is an unrealistic expectation.

Carl's to busy putting the next great deal to line his pockets.....He may have a flunky read it, but I doubt it.......as long as the seats/parking lot are filled he doesn't give a fugg........

htismaqe
09-20-2004, 11:17 AM

Wasted #1 pick.

I don't blame him either. He didn't ask to be drafted by people that have no intention of getting him in the game.

David.
09-20-2004, 11:28 AM
I heard LJ eats babies

jcroft
09-20-2004, 11:30 AM
I don't blame him either. He didn't ask to be drafted by people that have no intention of getting him in the game.

I definitely don't blame him for being frustrated. On the other hand, though, it's not doing him (or the team) any good to be a whiny bitch. if I were him, i'd just go to Carl and demand a trade. Until I got one, I'd either:

a. not even mention it to my teammates, come to the games and be part of the team as much as possible.

or

b. if he can't do that, then just don't ****ing come to the game at all. holdout for a trade, in essence.

Straight, No Chaser
09-20-2004, 11:30 AM

Why are you picking on this guy?

If the Chiefs were playing well that image wouldn't register as being anything more than a player sitting on the bench. It's been documented many times that LJ wants the chance to get some time. Hell, he did run some in college.
Weather or not he's a good fit on this team is another matter.

---->

jcroft
09-20-2004, 11:32 AM
If the Chiefs were playing well that image wouldn't register as being anything more than a player sitting on the bench.

Good point.

David.
09-20-2004, 11:32 AM
I definitely don't blame him for being frustrated. On the other hand, though, it's not doing him (or the team) any good to be a whiny bitch. if I were him, i'd just go to Carl and demand a trade. Until I got one, I'd either:

a. not even mention it to my teammates, come to the games and be part of the team as much as possible.

or

b. if he can't do that, then just don't ****ing come to the game at all. holdout for a trade, in essence.

STFU already. Seriously. You have no idea what the situation with LJ is. You want him to demand a trade?!? Yeah, that would be much better than what he's doing now.

Skip Towne
09-20-2004, 11:36 AM
We need Vlad's input on this. I'll PM him.

David.
09-20-2004, 11:36 AM
We need Vlad's input on this. I'll PM him.

haha, yeah, gee I wonder what he'll say?

jcroft
09-20-2004, 11:37 AM
STFU already. Seriously. You have no idea what the situation with LJ is. You want him to demand a trade?!? Yeah, that would be much better than what he's doing now.

You're right, I don't really know. But, if he's frustrated and isn't going to do anything but be a whiny bitch, he may as well demand a trade.

On the flip side, we have no idea if that shot of him on the bench was him being a whiny bitch. It came off that way, but who knows. He does have a history of being a whiny bitch, though, so it's quite possible.

If he's happy here, then he's more than welcome to stay. I like the guy's skills and think he could be a good back when he gets an opportunity. But, if he wants out, then get the **** out. Don't just waste yourself on our bench.

ENDelt260
09-20-2004, 11:40 AM
I thought he was the "#2 RB"

I was about to say, "Apparently only on paper," but I went and looked at the depth chart (http://www.kcchiefs.com/players/depth_chart/), and it appears they've updated it to move Blaylock to #2 again.

GoTrav
09-20-2004, 11:40 AM
Why are you picking on this guy?

If the Chiefs were playing well that image wouldn't register as being anything more than a player sitting on the bench. It's been documented many times that LJ wants the chance to get some time. Hell, he did run some in college.
Weather or not he's a good fit on this team is another matter.

Um, he's part of the team so maybe he should act like it? I don't and didn't see any other players sitting there sun-bathing on the bench in front a mist fan. Right after the LJ image, you see all the O-Line come off the field and sit in a similar fashion. What do you think they were thinking when they saw Larry "Leon" Johnson there chillin? I'd be pissed for the lack of commitment or support for your team. Get your ass off the bench and stand on the sideline with your team. What was he doing that required him to "cool down"? Either way, definetly not something that will show any type of commitment to the coaching staff, players, or an image that will improve his stock.

jettio
09-20-2004, 11:49 AM
The Chiefs have cheerleaders and 80,000 fans cheering.

Chiefs got their butt kicked on the field, and it was not Larry Johnson's fault.

If he was up and cheering it would not have made a bit of difference.

Sitting the bench is not fun and he should not act as if he likes it.

He definitely has shown more ability at his position than Kawika Mitchell has at his, and if anybody from the draft looks like a true bust it is Mitchell.

LJ is not as good as Priest, but he could do well behind this offensive line and could put up decent numbers in the NFL in the right situation.

jspchief
09-20-2004, 12:07 PM
So here's a question...WHY THE **** AREN'T WE PLAYING HIM?
Every team in the NFL has plays more than one RB. Every team has a "change of pace" back or a "third down" back or just a guy that gives the #1 a breather. The only time we bring in someone else is when we need a critical fourth down in the waning minutes of the game?

We are currently ranked 21st in the league in rushing attempts, with the two monday night teams having not played yet (so likely worse after tonight). If we have the "best RB in the NFL" and a first round pick on the bench, plus a burner that has shown potential to be a homerun threat, why aren't we running? Did I mention our pro-bowl O-line?

Al Saunders needs to pull his head out of his ass. We have no WRs, and a stable of RBs...gee what play should I call? We should be seeing Holmes getting 25+ carries, and another back getting about ten carries.

Ari Chi3fs
09-20-2004, 12:13 PM
why not try Priest as a wideout with LJ in on certain situations... LJ can play but isnt on the field, fi we have no Receivers just move people around...

Wile_E_Coyote
09-20-2004, 12:19 PM
that's alot of judgement from just a two second clip...not picking on you but, the "classic" line is getting over used.

gee, I don't feel any better at all

GoTrav
09-20-2004, 12:24 PM
that's alot of judgement from just a two second clip...not picking on you but, the "classic" line is getting over used.

possibly, but still an image that caught the camera man's attention and an image that received multiple comments from people I was watching the game with.

Wile_E_Coyote
09-20-2004, 12:28 PM
The camera man could have been saying, why is this man not in the game...instead of why is this man not into this game

Wile_E_Coyote
09-20-2004, 12:56 PM
You know it is kind of funny with the way the board has acted the last few hours & someone calling LJ a spoiled brat :)

Garcia Bronco
09-20-2004, 09:35 PM
It kills me that this guy was the first RB taken in his draft class and he wastes away. Unreal the way his potential career is being ruined.

AirForceChief
09-20-2004, 09:52 PM
You know it is kind of funny with the way the board has acted the last few hours & someone calling LJ a spoiled brat :)

Yeah, the way the board has been acting the last few hours, they should call LJ a ****in spoiled brat.

Straight, No Chaser
09-20-2004, 09:56 PM
possibly, but still an image that caught the camera man's attention and an image that received multiple comments from people I was watching the game with.

Sorry, you're hanging yourself and we haven't even handed you the noose yet...

Look, is this an issue you really want to pursue at this point in time? I can think of at least, err, 5 or 10 other problems that seem to actually affect execution on the field. Besides if the rumor is true LJ may actually get an opportunity to "vent" this week.

BTW, I can't take my eyes off your avatar. Is she chopping, mixing, stirring or some other type of food preparation? Just curious.

---->

stevieray
09-20-2004, 09:59 PM
LJ is one play from being the starter this week. He'll get some carries.

Sure-Oz
09-20-2004, 10:03 PM
It kills me that this guy was the first RB taken in his draft class and he wastes away. Unreal the way his potential career is being ruined.
I really want to see him used if Priest can't go, give the dude the whole load, you can't do shit when you get 0 carries a game.

Phobia
09-20-2004, 10:08 PM
Here's how I read LJ's frustration:

1. He's been paid handsomely.
2. He's not happy on the bench.

1+2 = football player

So many players cash their check and coast through their careers. LJ cashed his and he wants to prove his worth on the field, earn his money.... Why are we dragging the man down when he's clearly motivated to play the game. This one isn't in it for the money, he's in the league to play and he isn't getting the opportunity. We should applaud his desire, but some of you are trashing him instead.

He's really in a no-win situation. If he sits there holding a clipboard, he's Todd Collins. If he demands a trade, he's a malcontent. If Priest Holmes is injured and LJ doesn't score 27 rushing TD's, he's not worth it. If he pouts when he's not getting playing time, he's a wasted pick. WTF should Larry Johnson do, people?

Sure-Oz
09-20-2004, 10:11 PM
I don't understand all the negativity on LJ either. I almost want priest to be out for sunday just to see him get a chance, then priest can come back in against Baltimore.

Wile_E_Coyote
09-20-2004, 10:13 PM
Yeah, the way the board has been acting the last few hours, they should call LJ a ****in spoiled brat.

****in A

Straight, No Chaser
09-20-2004, 10:15 PM
So here's a question...WHY THE **** AREN'T WE PLAYING HIM?...
Al Saunders needs to pull his head out of his ass. We have no WRs, and a stable of RBs...gee what play should I call? We should be seeing Holmes getting 25+ carries, and another back getting about ten carries.

That's to easy. Let's see:
O-Line built to block & move.
Currently our WRs grade out as Piss-poor.
TOP in two games heavily favors opponents.
Doesn't quite sound right does it?

---->

Inspector
09-20-2004, 10:16 PM

Well, uh..............I thought, uh........

I'm sorry I lost my train of thought.

I think your avatar hypnotized me....

Nubian Nut
09-20-2004, 10:21 PM

1+2 = football player

So many players cash their check and coast through their careers. LJ cashed his and he wants to prove his worth on the field, earn his money.... Why are we dragging the man down when he's clearly motivated to play the game. This one isn't in it for the money, he's in the league to play and he isn't getting the opportunity. We should applaud his desire, but some of you are trashing him instead.

He's really in a no-win situation. If he sits there holding a clipboard, he's Todd Collins. If he demands a trade, he's a malcontent. If Priest Holmes is injured and LJ doesn't score 27 rushing TD's, he's not worth it. If he pouts when he's not getting playing time, he's a wasted pick. WTF should Larry Johnson do, people?

You got that ****ing right.

TEX
09-20-2004, 11:04 PM

1+2 = football player

:thumb: :clap: :clap: