PDA

View Full Version : Has there been a blame shift?

NewChief
09-20-2004, 10:13 AM
I haven't been a Chiefs fan as long as some of you guys, so I wasn't around for some of our previous tough seasons. So, I'm asking for a little history lesson for those of you who remember.

Has Carl always been a favorite target of criticism for the fanbase? The reason I ask this is that on 810 after the game, fan after fan lay the blame directly at Carl's feet. This, to me, represents a shift from criticism of previous years. In the past, the diehard, "in the know" fans were the only ones that really blamed Carl. The majority were more content to pick out individual players, coaches, etc. Now, though, it seems like every one you talk to, from the diehard to the bandwagon, is happily pointing fingers directly at Carl.

I guess my point in asking is: has this much "fire Carl" ruckus ever been raised in the past? If so, I guess we can't expect any changes in the FO. If, however, this is the first time that the anti-Carl fever has reached this height, can we expect Lamar to eventually step in and ask for Carl's walking papers?

J Diddy
09-20-2004, 10:14 AM
probably not

Scaga
09-20-2004, 10:17 AM
[QUOTE=NewChief] Now, though, it seems like every one you talk to, from the diehard to the bandwagon, is happily pointing fingers directly at Carl.QUOTE]

Only one finger is pointing at Carl!!

J Diddy
09-20-2004, 10:20 AM
[QUOTE=NewChief] Now, though, it seems like every one you talk to, from the diehard to the bandwagon, is happily pointing fingers directly at Carl.QUOTE]

Only one finger is pointing at Carl!!

um that finger is pointing up

jcroft
09-20-2004, 10:22 AM
Well, around here, the Carl blame has been pretty common for some time. However, most of the regulars here are pretty die-hard fans. So I'm not sure.

KCTitus
09-20-2004, 10:25 AM
Blaming Carl becomes vogue when the team struggles...from 1998-2002 it was quite common and had gotten so out of hand, that's when the 'dammit carl' joke started.

Brock
09-20-2004, 10:27 AM
If he wasn't fired 8 or 10 years ago when he should have been, why would it happen now?

BigRedChief
09-20-2004, 10:31 AM
As a big ass homer and die hard fan who bashes Carl every chance he gets....I resemble that remark.

It's time for a regime change. Carl needs to go. But it will never happen as long as Lamar is still alive and Carl wants to be here. Hell, Jack Steadman is still with the Chiefs all these years after running them into the ground

We are stuck and sadly another Chief window of oppertunity is closing.

Dammit Carl! :cuss:

Mr. Laz
09-20-2004, 10:32 AM
can we expect Lamar to eventually step in and ask for Carl's walking papers?

no, why would he?

Carl is still making money and that has proven to be the priority around arrowhead.

i have seen no evidence that this has changed

Gaz
09-20-2004, 10:34 AM
No, this happens every time we lose a game.

You’ll get used to it.

xoxo~
Gaz
Imagines Carl has done so.

King_Chief_Fan
09-20-2004, 10:44 AM
As a big ass homer and die hard fan who bashes Carl every chance he gets....I resemble that remark.

It's time for a regime change. Carl needs to go. But it will never happen as long as Lamar is still alive and Carl wants to be here. Hell, Jack Steadman is still with the Chiefs all these years after running them into the ground

We are stuck and sadly another Chief window of oppertunity is closing.

Dammit Carl! :cuss:

was firegregrobinson.com effective?

firecarlpeterson.com has a nice ring to it.