PDA

View Full Version : Middle linebacker situation not working out

redsurfer11
09-20-2004, 10:49 AM
Monty needs a year in Europe and Kawika can't shed blocks. I wonder if the Dolphins continue to crash, would you trade a low round pick for Junior Seau? He can still tackle and won't over pursue the play. A veteran leader on this Defense couldn't hurt.

TEX
09-20-2004, 10:53 AM
Monty needs a year in Europe and Kawika can't shed blocks. I wonder if the Dolphins continue to crash, would you trade a low round pick for Junior Seau? He can still tackle and won't over pursue the play. A veteran leader on this Defense couldn't hurt.

Exactly. Our MLB situation is the absolute WORST in the league. BOTH our guys would be back ups on any other team. This situation is an absolute JOKE! ROFL

Mr. Kotter
09-20-2004, 10:54 AM
As other's have said, DV and CP won't make any moves like this, now (when's the last time they did?)....unfortunately. I'm afraid we are stuck. :shake:

TEX
09-20-2004, 10:55 AM
As other's have said, DV and CP won't make any moves like this....unfortunately. I'm afraid we are stuck. :shake:

I know it doesn't matter now, but did the CHIEFS even take a look at Trotter? NOPE! :shake:

Mr. Kotter
09-20-2004, 10:58 AM
I know it doesn't matter now, but did the CHIEFS even take a look at Trotter? NOPE! :shake:

Nope. It was "scheme," remember? :banghead:

Ari Chi3fs
09-20-2004, 10:58 AM
heh. the chiefs didnt get a MLB in the offseason because it didnt work out with drafting LJ when priest was hurt, why would getting someone for Maz help? They would have only been criticized for wasting a pick or getting someone for Maz who may/may not be hurt start of 2004.

lose - lose regardless

ENDelt260
09-20-2004, 11:00 AM
Is jspchief online?

Eh, Trotter's hurt anyway.

Mr. Kotter
09-20-2004, 11:02 AM
heh. the chiefs didnt get a MLB in the offseason because it didnt work out with drafting LJ when priest was hurt, why would getting someone for Maz help? They would have only been criticized for wasting a pick or getting someone for Maz who may/may not be hurt start of 2004.

lose - lose regardless

It's not as though, Maz (even if healthy), is Brian Urlacher or Zach Thomas....a draft pick there would NOT have been a waste, IMHO. There were a handful of rookie LB who would clearly have been an upgrade....

Mr. Laz
09-20-2004, 11:04 AM

lose - lose regardless

BS ... that's a weak @ss take ... you must be listening to Titus or something.

Holmes - Best RB in the league, Team consistantly said that he would be ok. Even went so far as to give him a contract extension shortly there after.

Maz - not a pro bowler... not even a great MLB ... Team had already even drafted a guy to replace him in the future in Kawika Mitchell. Mitchell didn't perform well last year. Once again the chiefs were banking everything on the fact that the problem was scheme.

Saulbadguy
09-20-2004, 11:06 AM
KEEP FUGGIN DOUBTIN MONTY BEISEL!

Mr. Laz
09-20-2004, 11:08 AM
Is jspchief online?

Trotter is playing

NFL Injuries

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Player Injury
Bruce Perry, RB Sep. 18 - OUT (Shoulder)
Detail: The Eagles placed Perry (shoulder) on Injured Rese... more
Edge: Tough break for the rookie, but this officially en... more
Correll Buckhalter, RB Sep. 18 - IR (Knee Surgery)
Detail: Buckhalter had season-ending surgery Thursday, rep... more
Edge: The Eagles have already placed him on Injured Rese... more
Dhani Jones, LB Sep. 18 - PROBABLE MON. VS MIN. 9/16 (Ankle)
Hugh Douglas, DE Sep. 18 - PROBABLE MON. VS MIN. 9/16 (Shoulder)
Ike Reese, LB Sep. 18 - PROBABLE MON. VS MIN. 9/16 (Knee)
Lito Sheppard, CB Sep. 18 - PROBABLE MON. VS MIN. 9/13 (Thumb)
Michael Lewis, S Sep. 18 - PROBABLE MON. VS MIN. 9/16 (Ankle)
Nate Wayne, LB Sep. 18 - PROBABLE MON. VS MIN. 9/16 (Hamstring)
Ndukwe Kalu, ? Sep. 18 - I-R. OUT FOR THE SEASON. 8/17 (Knee)
Paul Grasmanis, DT Sep. 18 - DOUBTFUL MON. VS MIN. 9/14 (Knee)
Sam Rayburn, DT Sep. 18 - PROBABLE MON. VS MIN. 9/16 (Ankle)
Shawn Andrews, OT Sep. 18 - OUT FOR REMAINDER OF SEASON. 9/13 (Leg)
Shawn Andrews, OT Sep. 14 - OUT INDEFINITELY. 9/13 (Leg Fracture)

Mr. Kotter
09-20-2004, 11:09 AM
Trotter is playing

NFL Injuries

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Player Injury
Bruce Perry, RB Sep. 18 - OUT (Shoulder)
Detail: The Eagles placed Perry (shoulder) on Injured Rese... more
Edge: Tough break for the rookie, but this officially en... more
Correll Buckhalter, RB Sep. 18 - IR (Knee Surgery)
Detail: Buckhalter had season-ending surgery Thursday, rep... more
Edge: The Eagles have already placed him on Injured Rese... more
Dhani Jones, LB Sep. 18 - PROBABLE MON. VS MIN. 9/16 (Ankle)
Hugh Douglas, DE Sep. 18 - PROBABLE MON. VS MIN. 9/16 (Shoulder)
Ike Reese, LB Sep. 18 - PROBABLE MON. VS MIN. 9/16 (Knee)
Lito Sheppard, CB Sep. 18 - PROBABLE MON. VS MIN. 9/13 (Thumb)
Michael Lewis, S Sep. 18 - PROBABLE MON. VS MIN. 9/16 (Ankle)
Nate Wayne, LB Sep. 18 - PROBABLE MON. VS MIN. 9/16 (Hamstring)
Ndukwe Kalu, ? Sep. 18 - I-R. OUT FOR THE SEASON. 8/17 (Knee)
Paul Grasmanis, DT Sep. 18 - DOUBTFUL MON. VS MIN. 9/14 (Knee)
Sam Rayburn, DT Sep. 18 - PROBABLE MON. VS MIN. 9/16 (Ankle)
Shawn Andrews, OT Sep. 18 - OUT FOR REMAINDER OF SEASON. 9/13 (Leg)
Shawn Andrews, OT Sep. 14 - OUT INDEFINITELY. 9/13 (Leg Fracture)

I thought Trotter was done for the season....which is why he wouldn't be on the injured report... :hmmm:

ENDelt260
09-20-2004, 11:09 AM
Trotter is playing

That's not the slightest bit relevant to my post.

TEX
09-20-2004, 11:10 AM
Is jspchief online?

Ummm...He's better now. Besides he got hurt (ribs) while playing for Philly. Can you really say the exact same thing would have happened had he been in KC? Anyway, he definately would have been a CHEAP UPGRADE over ANYTHING we have. Just rediculous that the CHIEFS didn't even inquire about him. But what the hell, they did nothing all off season. Now, here we are... :shake:

ENDelt260
09-20-2004, 11:11 AM
Ummm...He's better now. Besides he got hurt (ribs) while playing for Philly. Can you really say the exact same thing would have happened had he been in KC? Anyway, he definately would have been a CHEAP UPGRADE over ANYTHING we have. Just rediculous that the CHIEFS didn't even inquire about him. But what the hell, they did nothing all off season. Now, here we are... :shake:
ROFL

You'd think this would get old for me at some point...

Mr. Laz
09-20-2004, 11:19 AM
I thought Trotter was done for the season....which is why he wouldn't be on the injured report... :hmmm:

he bruised his ribs or something in preseason... but i dont think it was serious.

Mr. Laz
09-20-2004, 11:20 AM
That's not the slightest bit relevant to my post.

ooooooooook

*backs slowly away*

:shrug:

jspchief
09-20-2004, 11:20 AM
BOTH our guys would be back ups on any other team.
They're both back-ups on our team as well.
You'd think this would get old for me at some point...
I think Tex came with what your were looking for from me...he just lacked the venom that you wanted.:p

I am pissed that we didn't bat an eye at Trotter. Unfortunately, he was about the only guy out there that we even could have considered. It's just a shallow spot in the NFL, period.

The one thing I do know is that Mitchell sucks. If I have to watch him overcommit in the goal-line package one more time, I'm going to find a grassy knoll with a view into Arrowhead. He does the same thing on every play. The play shows action to the right (his left), he slams into the back of our D-lineman in that direction, play redirects/shifts to his side and he's completely out of position. The guy hasn't even sniffed a football on the plays that he's in on.

ENDelt260
09-20-2004, 11:24 AM
I think Tex came with what your were looking for from me...he just lacked the venom that you wanted.:p

It was almost better... because it was unexpected. I figured you'd just show up with a 4321 or something.

htismaqe
09-20-2004, 11:24 AM

That's BS and you know it. You don't have ANY IDEA as to whether or not the Chiefs inquired about him.

Trotter failed at least 2 physicals prior to signing with Philly, that much we know.

Would I have like to have him? Absolutely. But saying that the Chiefs "didn't even inquire about him" is nothing but speculation at best.

tonyetony
09-20-2004, 11:41 AM
Monty at least led our team in tackles yesterday, how many times did kawika do that last year? Monty also has as many tackles and interceptions in two games that Kwika had in ALL of last year! Beisel can tackle and so can Fujita. Our LBs and secondary players all need to look in the mirror and if the guy lookin back at them resembles Deion Sanders they should take off the panties and start tackling.

tonyetony
09-20-2004, 12:26 PM
My answer to the Junior question is this. I think there is an old obscure NFL rule that says only 1 junior per team.

Demonpenz
09-20-2004, 12:37 PM
you guys can take a look at trotter tonight on mnf and see if he would be that much of an upgrade, imo atleast he knows wtf he is doing

Ari Chi3fs
09-20-2004, 05:34 PM
BS ... that's a weak @ss take ... you must be listening to Titus or something.

Holmes - Best RB in the league, Team consistantly said that he would be ok. Even went so far as to give him a contract extension shortly there after.

Maz - not a pro bowler... not even a great MLB ... Team had already even drafted a guy to replace him in the future in Kawika Mitchell. Mitchell didn't perform well last year. Once again the chiefs were banking everything on the fact that the problem was scheme.

It was sarcasm, bitch... Nice negative Rep on a sarcastic post, you ****ing idiot. Of course they should have done something to shore up the LB position, hell including getting Jason Gildon a couple weeks ago. You numbnuts.

TEX
09-20-2004, 09:03 PM
That's BS and you know it. You don't have ANY IDEA as to whether or not the Chiefs inquired about him.

Trotter failed at least 2 physicals prior to signing with Philly, that much we know.

Would I have like to have him? Absolutely. But saying that the Chiefs "didn't even inquire about him" is nothing but speculation at best.

Really? Didn't D.V. say that they had no interest in bringing in someone from the outside to address the MLB situation? If so, then it's more than just speculation at best. :hmmm:

ChiefsFanatic
09-21-2004, 11:04 AM
Cadrez, Bush and Edwards were a better trio of 'backers. Mainly because of (ok, actually only because of) Edwards.

These LBs are horrible. But they fit right in.

NY CHIEF
09-21-2004, 11:31 AM
Should i dare mention .....s c a n l o n .......... STFU

Raiderhader
09-21-2004, 11:47 AM
For crying out loud people, cut Monty some slack. It's not like he spent all of preseason learning the MLB position. He's only started two real games, he is devoloping. Let him be for a little while.

Mitchell deserves slack as well, but Monty even more so since he has had even less time there than KM.

ROYC75
09-21-2004, 11:52 AM
Should i dare mention .....s c a n l o n .......... STFU

Damn we think alot alike ! STFU

That's not going to happen unless we have more injuries, which we don't need.

My best guess is learn now on the practice sqaud , go to NFLE, kick ass and come back next year for another round.

htismaqe
09-22-2004, 12:26 PM
Really? Didn't D.V. say that they had no interest in bringing in someone from the outside to address the MLB situation? If so, then it's more than just speculation at best. :hmmm:

DV said multiple times that he wasn't AWARE of any interest in going outside. He's also said multiple times that Carl, Thum, and Stiles are the guys in charge of free agency.

In other words, DV isn't a valid source in this argument because he's keeping track of the guys we HAVE, not the guys we're looking at.

KC Kings
09-22-2004, 12:30 PM
They should put Gary Stills in there, he would be an upgrade over both of them.

htismaqe
09-22-2004, 12:43 PM
They should put Gary Stills in there, he would be an upgrade over both of them.

What on earth (BESIDES crack) would make you think that you can just plug a part-time defensive end in at MLB and make it work?

Coogs
09-22-2004, 12:48 PM
I'm still thinking we should move Fujita to the MLB spot. Barber on one OLB spot and Fox on the other when he gets healthy.

TEX
09-22-2004, 02:51 PM
What on earth (BESIDES crack) would make you think that you can just plug a part-time defensive end in at MLB and make it work?

Exactly - we did that with Beisel, right? :shake:

TEX
09-22-2004, 02:56 PM
DV said multiple times that he wasn't AWARE of any interest in going outside. He's also said multiple times that Carl, Thum, and Stiles are the guys in charge of free agency.

In other words, DV isn't a valid source in this argument because he's keeping track of the guys we HAVE, not the guys we're looking at.

Oh...so the HC is not a valid source? Come on... :shake: He and everyone else in the organization said that they preferred to sign their own players rather than look outside. It was a huge error, especially when you consider the MLB situation has been an issue dating back to last year. To say that the Head Coach isn't a valid source is laughable...

TEX
09-22-2004, 02:59 PM
For crying out loud people, cut Monty some slack. It's not like he spent all of preseason learning the MLB position. He's only started two real games, he is devoloping. Let him be for a little while.

Mitchell deserves slack as well, but Monty even more so since he has had even less time there than KM.

I agree that Beisel and Mitchell should be given some slack for the reasons you mentioned. However, NONE should be given to the front office/coaching staff for the CHIEFS being in the position of having to cut those players some slack... :shake:

ChiefsCountry
09-22-2004, 03:27 PM
Maybe we should have drafted Teddy Lehman instead of Junior?

htismaqe
09-22-2004, 03:35 PM
Exactly - we did that with Beisel, right? :shake:

Is that working? If it is, why do you want to replace him with Stills?

:rolleyes:

htismaqe
09-22-2004, 03:38 PM
Oh...so the HC is not a valid source? Come on... :shake: He and everyone else in the organization said that they preferred to sign their own players rather than look outside. It was a huge error, especially when you consider the MLB situation has been an issue dating back to last year. To say that the Head Coach isn't a valid source is laughable...

The Head Coach has said MULTIPLE TIMES that he doesn't keep track of who this team is looking at in free agency.

DV said he was happy with the guys we had. Carl Peterson said we had no interest in bringing anyone in.