PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Chiefs history...

Ari Chi3fs
09-20-2004, 10:56 AM
I have this numbskull idea to Change Chiefs History... throw down thoughts that throughout Chiefs history would have changed things from the better...

Carl Peterson did not leak the firing of Gunther on the internet in 2000, and instead apporached him about taking over as Defensive COordinator while Dick Vermeil was to be hired as HC with Al Saunders as OC..

e defense made strides while the offense gelled. In 2003, Vermeils 3rd year on the job, the 15-1 chiefs destroy the NE Patriots at Home in the conference championship... and then destroy the Pathers in Superbowl 38. What a great year last year was...

if the stars could have aligned earlier.. you fire Marty in 1996 and hire Vermeil since he was thinking of going back into coaching... and have vermiel 1997-1999 and get a Superbowl victory. Yes, alternate Chiefs history.

I like it.

Mr. Kotter
09-20-2004, 11:04 AM
It all started with drafting Todd Blackledge....

How about a guy named "Joe Montana?"

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Ari Chi3fs
09-20-2004, 11:06 AM
Well that was in 1983, Marino was available, not Montana... I feel you on that one though...

-------------------

In 1993 Nick Lowery is kept as kicker of Chiefs... 1995 he makes 2/3 vs teh Colts and the Chiefs go on to play Pittsburgh for the chance to go to the Superbowl...

Mr. Kotter
09-20-2004, 11:08 AM
It all started with drafting Todd Blackledge....

How about a guy named "Joe Montana?"

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Okay, I still woulda settled for Marino.... :banghead:

WarCry!
09-20-2004, 11:13 AM
Well that was in 1983, Marino was available, not Montana... I feel you on that one though...

-------------------

In 1993 Nick Lowery is kept as kicker of Chiefs... 1995 he makes 2/3 vs teh Colts and the Chiefs go on to play Pittsburgh for the chance to go to the Superbowl...

Jim Kelly was also available when we took Blackledge....

WarCry!
09-20-2004, 11:16 AM
Marty starts Gannon in the playoff game against Denver at home instead of Grbac. We win that game on go on to win the Superbowl instead of Denver. Elway, dejected at missing out again - opts to retire before the next season - thus Denver doesn't repeat.... The Chiefs resign Gannon and let Grbac go - thus Gannon doesn't go to the Raiders and thus they don't go to the Superbowl 2 years ago.... Of course, then we wouldn't have been able to revel in the fact that the golden boy played so poorly in the 'bowl.....

ChiefsCountry
09-20-2004, 11:18 AM
Oh in 1994, Carl gave Nick Lowery the contract he wanted which in turn meant we never signed Lin Elliot.

ChiefsCountry
09-20-2004, 11:19 AM
And how many Super Bowls did Marino and Kelly win? Blackledge was still a bust.

Saulbadguy
09-20-2004, 11:39 AM
Marty starts Gannon in the playoff game against Denver at home instead of Grbac. We win that game on go on to win the Superbowl instead of Denver. Elway, dejected at missing out again - opts to retire before the next season - thus Denver doesn't repeat.... The Chiefs resign Gannon and let Grbac go - thus Gannon doesn't go to the Raiders and thus they don't go to the Superbowl 2 years ago.... Of course, then we wouldn't have been able to revel in the fact that the golden boy played so poorly in the 'bowl.....
This has to be the biggest and most dissapointing blunder in Chiefs history.

IMO.

Ari Chi3fs
09-20-2004, 11:40 AM
And how many Super Bowls did Marino and Kelly win? Blackledge was still a bust.

heh. no doubt.

Ari Chi3fs
09-20-2004, 11:41 AM
This has to be the biggest and most dissapointing blunder in Chiefs history.

IMO.

very true... Elway retires and neither the Donkos or RAiders go to Sueprbowl... what a great thing.

Damnit ChiefsCountry!!! :cuss: