PDA

View Full Version : My Apologies....

CosmicPal
09-20-2004, 11:32 AM
Iím sorry.

Iím sorry, but I just canít do it anymore. Iíve always believed being a Chiefs fan made you a better person- a whole person, a person of integrity, and someone who stood firm and determined and dedicated even after all the blows to the head, and all the blows to the heart. I always believed it made you strong and fearless- someone who can persevere and defeat just about anything life handed you.

Anyone who can endure disappointment upon disappointment over the many years and still remain faithful and true to the team- in my book is a very good person. I took great pride in being a Chiefs fan- no matter how bad things went. Iíve been in a hollow, empty Arrowhead stadium when most people were at home watching OTHER football games, Ďcause frankly- our team was that poor then. I still cheered them on, and even booed when I felt it appropriate.

I nearly declined moving to Colorado for I didnít want to depart from the home of my very own Chiefs. But, when I told myself Iíd be moving to a city that shares a team in the same division, it made it all the more interesting. After a few years, I often thought of moving back to KC- primarily, because I wanted to be a part of the glorious excitement the team has displayed the past few years.

Last season, I felt deep down- deep down in my beating red heart the Chiefs were finally going to do it after all these years- they were going to return to the Super Bowl. Geez, I really didnít care if they had won the Super Bowl, but the fact they were even there meant the world to me, and my divine support to the team. But, of course, they didnít make it. Instead- they let me down. They let me down hard. It was the hardest blow, for it was at home, on a sunny day, when all the stars seemed to have been aligned in proper order. But, it just didnít happen. And I was devastated.

But thatís OK for we got Cunningham back, and all will be better on the defensive side of the ball. Who needs a WR when you have so many Pro Bowl players on the offense anyways? Besides, all these young, talented kids will step it up this year, so who the hell needs lofty free agents- even though we have enough money to buy off the entire town of Vegas? Weíre nearly a championship team, right? We donít need any help- all we need is a new defensive coordinator and weíll beat teams like Indy in the playoffs this year- no problem.

I believed in them again. Trusted them. Continued my faith in them.

I believed like a mother wants to believe their child is telling the truth about the paint spilled on the carpet. Because after all, the Chiefs are my family, and all the fans who supported the very team are my family. I looked up to the Chiefs like a kewl uncle who worked for the CIA or was a test pilot or a shark diver or something other.

If the Chiefs were about to be sprayed by bullets, I would have jumped in front of the team and taken every single one of them bullets. That is how devoted I was to this team.

But, not anymoreÖI am defeated, dejected, and disappointed once again. Phuck you Carl! Damn you for not doing the right things in the offseason to make a great team super! Damn you Dick for believing too much into your current players. And screw all of you players- the ones Iíve always forgiven in the past and have always believed in, trusted, and supported.

Gawddammit! I am so mad at you guys! I am absolutely frustrated and bitter and pissed!

You owe me! You owe the fans of KC! But, most of all Ė You owe it to yourselves! Play some gawddamn FOOTBALL! What that means is this: You tackle. You run. You Pass. You catch. You kick. You block. You tackle. You tackle. You tackle. You score. You tackle again. You score again. Over and over and over again until the last gun is fired to signal the end of the very last game of the season- which ultimately is supposed to be the fuggin Super Bowl! You donít think about anything- you just do it! Youíre all professionals out there- now do the damn job we drafted you and hired you to doÖ.Gawddammit! I am so mad! Not to mention- very disappointed in you.

Iím sorry.

Iím really sorry, but I just donít know how much longer I can go on believing in you guys anymore. Iím defeated, sad, and broken by this belief in you guys playing some football. Iíve been in this marriage way too long. I keep believing you guys will get the job done, but each year my Chiefs fail to do soÖ.the sex is good sometimesÖsometimes itís great. But, the fact is- youíre still undependable and lazy and quite frankly- lack the passion to further our marriage.

Therefore, Iím sorry- but Iím divorcing myself from the Chiefs. You have no idea how difficult this is for me to say goodbye. You have no idea how broken-hearted I am. You have no idea how much Iíve cried knowing youíve let me down for the millionth time. And you act like you donít care. Therefore, I shouldnít be sorry, but I am. Because I feel it makes me a weak person for giving up on you.

Maybe a divorce is quite harsh for nowÖIíll consider a trial separation. You should be so lucky I even consider a trial separation. After all of these years Iíve supported you Chiefs- I should have divorced you a long azz time ago!

Iím not happy, but I will persevere. Iíve got my divorce papers right here, ready to sign. Show me some focus. Some me you care. And prove to me youíre really trying, and Iíll tear up these papers. But, you continue to break my heart like this- then Iím leaving for good.

seclark
09-20-2004, 11:35 AM
i hope you wrote this on company time.
sec

ENDelt260
09-20-2004, 11:35 AM
Wait... am I reading this right? You sat in a nearly empty stadium in the eighties... but, two f*cking losses is sending you packing now?

Boise_Chief
09-20-2004, 11:38 AM
Wow, I thought I was having a bad monday

CosmicPal
09-20-2004, 11:40 AM
Wait... am I reading this right? You sat in a nearly empty stadium in the eighties... but, two f*cking losses is sending you packing now?

Yes! I'm sick and tired of every season being the same BS....I've been walking around Arrowhead since the early 70's, and I am just tired believing in something that probably will never happen again...as long as they keep playing like this.

R&GHomer
09-20-2004, 11:40 AM
Iíll tell you what burns my azz is the fact that we have a definite need at wide out, there is a player available for trade and we have more than enough money and they wont pull the trigger. Some body is being a greedy cock sucker.

Matt Helm
09-20-2004, 11:41 AM
I agree with ENDelt!!

All of that time wasted?

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Many of us have been here since 1963.

Stubborn? YES and proud of it!!!!

Coach
09-20-2004, 11:45 AM
Comsic, I think you're taking it a wee too serious here. You think this year was bad enough? Snap out of it man! It's just 2 f**king games! It's not the 80's. 2 f**king games. That's all. 2 f**king games.

MOhillbilly
09-20-2004, 11:45 AM
We need a Firm like they have in Europe so if we lose we can take it out on the other fans. Or if we win we can take it out on other fans for shits and giggles.

example:

http://www.intercityfirm.homestead.com/

MOhillbilly
09-20-2004, 11:48 AM
http://www.ave-it.net/Hooliganlinks.htm

I know id feel better.

stevieray
09-20-2004, 11:49 AM
Is this your way of saying you're gonna be an Invesco fan now?

:)

Bearcat
09-20-2004, 11:54 AM

It's not like the expectations were there though... and I don't see it as a matter of two losses either... I completely understand where you're coming from, CosmicPal. It took me a long time to get over the Indy loss (just in time to watch the Avalanche's season go to hell). Those two playoff losses have really gotten me thinking about the time & money spent on pro sports.... especially towards the franchise that's failed to ever meet the high expectations in my lifetime.

Logical
09-20-2004, 12:07 PM
I lowered my expectations years ago, and it keeps me sane at times like these. We still have a small shot at 10-6 infinitesimal that they may be, until we lose 4 more I will hold some hope small though it is for this year. If we fail I will start looking forward to a high draft pick that Carl can screw up once again.:p

JimNasium
09-20-2004, 12:10 PM
This is exactly why I refuse to get emotionally entangled in this team. Linn Elliot cured me of that.

OldTownChief
09-20-2004, 12:14 PM

In the 80's I expected the team to suck most of the time but still enjoyed going to the games and always looked forward to the next year. Now I expect them to win and the losses are harder to take and already expect next season to be worse.

nmt1
09-20-2004, 12:15 PM
Damn you for not doing the right things in the offseason to make a great team super!

Out of curiosity, what were the "right" things to do in the offseason?

ENDelt260
09-20-2004, 12:17 PM
Well, heck... root for the AZ Cards then. They'll never break your heart.

Personally, I'd rather accept heartbreaking losses and root for a team that's good. But, hey, to each his own.

ROYC75
09-20-2004, 12:31 PM
Hot damn, just because we lost 2 games ?

I'm as pissed as most of the fans in Chiefs Nation, but to disown the team because of some shabby play ?

Again, what kind of fan are you ?

Anybody that suffered thru the late 70 t0 the 80's with this team ought to be thick skinned by now.

To the grave I go someday , still kicking and screaming....... Dammmit Carl !

Toughen up kid...... get a grip with yourself.

InChiefsHell
09-20-2004, 12:31 PM
I understand all the afore mentioned concerns and pain...BUT...

C'mon. Yes, we've had expectations, and heartbreak, but that's what makes us freakin' Fans!!

You really think that the team doesn't care? You really think the players don't give a shit at all? You really think they don't work their asses off?

You really think that CP and DV and whoever else is just sitting around on a big pile of money, not spending it, soley to have a crappy season and piss off people on message boards??

Jeeeez. You people kill me. None of you, NONE OF YOU, know jack shit about running a professional football franchise. I hate seeing us lose too, but I refuse to believe that we are losing and nobody on the team or in the organization cares. Now, you may make an argument that CP needs to go because whatever his system is, it ain't working. Fine. But there is no way he doesn't want to win a Superbowl. He's just apparently going about it in the wrong way.

If we go 8-8 and miss the playoffs this year, I will still watch the draft, I will still hope for some free agents, and I will still be eternally optimistice come the fall. Call me a fool. I call me a fan.

Rock on. Go you ****ing Chiefs!!!

Buck up or **** off...I'll take your seats in the stadium if you don't want them.

Amnorix
09-20-2004, 12:32 PM
I don't think you have enough frustration and annoyance over sports in your life. You should immediately adopt the Red Sox or Cubbies as your favorite baseball teams as well, and bleed and die for them the same way you do for the Chiefs.

Actually, since one is in the AL and the other in the NL, you can adopt them BOTH!

:p

InChiefsHell
09-20-2004, 12:34 PM
Out of curiosity, what were the "right" things to do in the offseason?

Why, to go out and buy a SuperBowl team, of course...
:rolleyes:

ENDelt260
09-20-2004, 12:35 PM
If Lamar really cared, he'd find a way to cheat the salary cap.

That Bowlen guy... he knows how to run a team.

If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'!

KC Kings
09-20-2004, 12:43 PM
Iím sorry.

Therefore, Iím sorry- but Iím divorcing myself from the Chiefs. You have no idea how difficult this is for me to say goodbye. You have no idea how broken-hearted I am. You have no idea how much Iíve cried knowing youíve let me down for the millionth time. And you act like you donít care. Therefore, I shouldnít be sorry, but I am. Because I feel it makes me a weak person for giving up on you.

Maybe a divorce is quite harsh for nowÖIíll consider a trial separation. You should be so lucky I even consider a trial separation. After all of these years Iíve supported you Chiefs- I should have divorced you a long azz time ago!

Iím not happy, but I will persevere. Iíve got my divorce papers right here, ready to sign. Show me some focus. Some me you care. And prove to me youíre really trying, and Iíll tear up these papers. But, you continue to break my heart like this- then Iím leaving for good.

So if they were 2-0 you would be a fan, but since they are 0-2 you want to break all ties?

That is the definition of a bandwagon fan. Jump on when we are playing good, allow Carl to drive up ticket and parking prices, then as soon as thrill is gone you jump off leaving the the rest of us to man the ship.

Band wagon fans truly miss out on the joy of sports. How can you truly enjoy the NFL's #1 offense, unless you have weathered the storm of TrINT? How can you get excited over a winning season ending with the Royals in 3rd place in worst division, unless you suffered through a 100 loss season? How can you party like it's 1999 with a Mizzou trip to the Elite 8, unless you have gone through any one of 12,000 kicks to the stomach Mizzou has given us?

Have fun jumping off, hope you land in a pile of poo.

Amnorix
09-20-2004, 12:49 PM
Seriously, during my Pats fan tenure, we've been 2-14 twice and 1-15 once. We were known, far and wide, as the "Patsies".

My father, born in 1926, was a die-hard Red Sox fan and sad to say I recently buried him, all of 78 years old, and he never once got to see the Sox win the prize.

Stop yer bitching and either be a fan or call yourself CosmicWhining and shaddap.

The Chiefs haven't done a helluva lot lately, but compared to some teams in the various sports, they've had a helluva lot more to cheer about than many...

ChiefsOne
09-20-2004, 12:51 PM
I'm sinking with the ship.....screaming and cussing all the way down!

ENDelt260
09-20-2004, 12:52 PM
Hell yes!

InChiefsHell
09-20-2004, 12:53 PM
My dad grew up in San Francisco. He remembers being able to by 50 yard line tickets 5 minutes before game time to watch YA Tittle. I remember growing up in the 70's laughing at the 49ers. They were perhaps the most perrenial losing team ever. Then came Joe and the '80's.

There is ebb and flow. I'll never give up my Chiefs.

CosmicPal
09-20-2004, 01:00 PM
So if they were 2-0 you would be a fan, but since they are 0-2 you want to break all ties?

That is the definition of a bandwagon fan. Jump on when we are playing good, allow Carl to drive up ticket and parking prices, then as soon as thrill is gone you jump off leaving the the rest of us to man the ship.

Band wagon fans truly miss out on the joy of sports. How can you truly enjoy the NFL's #1 offense, unless you have weathered the storm of TrINT? How can you get excited over a winning season ending with the Royals in 3rd place in worst division, unless you suffered through a 100 loss season? How can you party like it's 1999 with a Mizzou trip to the Elite 8, unless you have gone through any one of 12,000 kicks to the stomach Mizzou has given us?

Have fun jumping off, hope you land in a pile of poo.

Read this post....the entire emotionally defeating post!

I have NEVER, EVER been a bandwagon fan during my entire lifetime of being a Chiefs fan ever since I could tie my own shoes as a kid. I suffered and endured through a many, many long seasons without jumping ship.....

But, now when we're so close, but we're playing so badly- I'm just freakin' ticked off.

Of course, I'll be a Chiefs fan until I die....But, don't you dare call me a "bandwagoner"

I'm just a fan who has been through a lot with this team- as is everyone else here on Chiefs Planet. You guys have all been my sidearm support when things weren't great.

I don't know why I'm so damn upset now- it could be that combined with my all of my fantasy teams losing yesterday- I've thrown the towel in.

But, the reality is this- We've lost the first two games of the season- it will be a very, very difficult task to even make the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl this year. Is it possible? Yes, of course, it's possible. I'm just tired of the losing...I could never divorce my Chiefs, but I can be a pissed off fan every once in awhile.

Bearcat
09-20-2004, 01:02 PM
None of you, NONE OF YOU, know jack shit about running a professional football franchise.

I know that defense wins Championships.

I know the window of opportunity is pretty damn small in the NFL.

I know that if you're not changing, you're losing ground.

Well, heck... root for the AZ Cards then. They'll never break your heart.

Personally, I'd rather accept heartbreaking losses and root for a team that's good. But, hey, to each his own.

I don't think it's a matter of who you're rooting for... just a matter of having a team or not...

When you're on your deathbed, and say the Chiefs hadn't won a SB in your lifetime, would you have looked back on it hoping you hadn't spent the time, money, emotion, etc; on being a fan of the team?

I'm not sure I could say no.... hockey-wise, my team has one of the best win-at-all-costs types of GMs in the league... and two Cups & the NHL record of consecutive division titles proves that the organization strives for not just buying buying a Cup, but for long term excellence as well. Knowing that, and seeing the product on the ice, I'll keep coming back.

Football-wise, I dunno... and as CosmicPal tried to say, but no one is listening... it's not about being a true fan or whatever... to me, a lot of it's about getting my money's worth... and when the price keeps going up, sooner or later people are going to expect more than a 17-game season.

ENDelt260
09-20-2004, 01:04 PM
When you're on your deathbed, and say the Chiefs hadn't won a SB in your lifetime, would you have looked back on it hoping you hadn't spent the time, money, emotion, etc; on being a fan of the team?

I'll say, "I wish I would've watched more football."

Bearcat
09-20-2004, 01:14 PM
I'll say, "I wish I would've watched more football."

I can do that without hanging onto every play, hoping it's not the secret-weapon-dive play that goes for 75 yards.

Son of Logical
09-20-2004, 01:22 PM
Listen CosmicPal if you can stand to watch the Chiefs go 13-3 and lose to Indy when we had one of the best d's in the league, because our field goal kicker sucks the most ass of all time you should be able to watch them lose two games in a row. After watching them lose that game in the playoffs they could go 4-12 this year(THEY MUST BEAT THE RAIDERS AND THE CHARGERS)and I would just look foward to next year! In most honest opinion I don't see the Chiefs winning a lot of games this year. Not because of scheme, not because they don't want it, and not because D.V. doesn't know how to win, simply they have been bit by the injury bug on offense and defense, plus they lack talent at some positions. I am also going to take this time to say I still like our coaches. When you don't have the talent to coach there is not a lot you can do. I don't know how everyone's opinion has changed about D.V. after two loses in a row. In my opinion is a great coach, there are no decisions he made on Sunday that made me go fire that guy. I love the Chiefs always. During yesterdays game I wasn't wearing any Chiefs stuff, only after they lost did I go and put on my Gonzales jersey and leave the house. If yoy are a true win, lose, or disaster you are still a fan.

ENDelt260
09-20-2004, 01:24 PM
I always make sure to wear my jersey out after a loss. That way everyone at the bar knows why I've got that pissed off look on my face and a pyramid of empty shot glasses in front of me.

J Diddy
09-20-2004, 01:28 PM
Read this post....the entire emotionally defeating post!

I have NEVER, EVER been a bandwagon fan during my entire lifetime of being a Chiefs fan ever since I could tie my own shoes as a kid. I suffered and endured through a many, many long seasons without jumping ship.....

But, now when we're so close, but we're playing so badly- I'm just freakin' ticked off.

Of course, I'll be a Chiefs fan until I die....But, don't you dare call me a "bandwagoner"

I'm just a fan who has been through a lot with this team- as is everyone else here on Chiefs Planet. You guys have all been my sidearm support when things weren't great.

I don't know why I'm so damn upset now- it could be that combined with my all of my fantasy teams losing yesterday- I've thrown the towel in.

But, the reality is this- We've lost the first two games of the season- it will be a very, very difficult task to even make the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl this year. Is it possible? Yes, of course, it's possible. I'm just tired of the losing...I could never divorce my Chiefs, but I can be a pissed off fan every once in awhile.

sissy :)

CosmicPal
09-20-2004, 01:29 PM
OK...

jeesusss fuggin krist! I'm not going to divorce the team!

My gawd- does anyone (besides Bearcat) understand the profound emotional attachment and love I have for this team? I'm sorry, two losses into a season seems like an absolutely ridiculous time to be "giving up"....only I've not given up- I'm just emotionally distraught and considering a 'divorce'.

I've walked around the neighborhood, took in some air, and felt the beauty of the world around me....I'm going to be a Chiefs fan 'cause that's all I ever been. No divorce. No separation.

But, I will tell you this- You guys better start playing some football now or this is going to be one long season of discontent.

ENDelt260
09-20-2004, 01:30 PM
Hahahahaha.... I knew you'd come back.

Raiderhader
09-20-2004, 01:38 PM

Well I see my post has already been taken.

Raiderhader
09-20-2004, 01:39 PM
Iíll tell you what burns my azz is the fact that we have a definite need at wide out, there is a player available for trade and we have more than enough money and they wont pull the trigger. Some body is being a greedy cock sucker.

Who? Who the hell is available for trade?

CosmicPal
09-20-2004, 01:42 PM
Hahahahaha.... I knew you'd come back.

What the hell would I do? Become a Broncos fan? ;-)

Raiderhader
09-20-2004, 01:42 PM

Can I get an Amen?

J Diddy
09-20-2004, 01:43 PM
Who? Who the hell is available for trade?

I am and could be had for the low price of a case of beer.

Other than that I haven't heard of anyone.

Raiderhader
09-20-2004, 01:44 PM

No. I would look back at it and say, "DAMNIT CARL!!!" :cuss:

Raiderhader
09-20-2004, 01:45 PM
OK...

jeesusss fuggin krist! I'm not going to divorce the team!

My gawd- does anyone (besides Bearcat) understand the profound emotional attachment and love I have for this team? I'm sorry, two losses into a season seems like an absolutely ridiculous time to be "giving up"....only I've not given up- I'm just emotionally distraught and considering a 'divorce'.

I've walked around the neighborhood, took in some air, and felt the beauty of the world around me....I'm going to be a Chiefs fan 'cause that's all I ever been. No divorce. No separation.

But, I will tell you this- You guys better start playing some football now or this is going to be one long season of discontent.

Drama queen.

Raiderhader
09-20-2004, 01:47 PM
I am and could be had for the low price of a case of beer.

Well hell's bells, only a case of beer? Someone is being cheap. I mean damn, that is a small investment to make for someone who can't be any worse than Johnny Morton.

Other than that I haven't heard of anyone.

Me either.

Otter
09-20-2004, 01:49 PM
All they've had to do to make me happy was draft a QB somewhere between round 1 and 5 and try to develop him.

Don't invest too much emotion in somthing you have no control over.

Iowanian
09-20-2004, 01:50 PM
Get you festering poosay.

Go be a Burro fan. Your cooter smelled like catfish bait, you sweat like a sumo wrestler in a sauna, and your family is a bunch of inbred lunatics, you'll fit right in.

Losing to a superbowl team in week 2 isn't reason enough to Jump ship....even that douchebag Leonardo rode the Titanic into the frozen sea.

Raiderhader
09-20-2004, 01:51 PM
All they've had to do to make me happy was draft a QB somewhere between round 1 and 5 and try to develop him.

Don't invest too much emotion in somthing you have no control over.

A pipe dream I have been holding onto for some time now....

CosmicPal
09-20-2004, 02:21 PM
Get you festering poosay.

Go be a Burro fan. Your cooter smelled like catfish bait, you sweat like a sumo wrestler in a sauna, and your family is a bunch of inbred lunatics, you'll fit right in.

Losing to a superbowl team in week 2 isn't reason enough to Jump ship....even that douchebag Leonardo rode the Titanic into the frozen sea.

Huh? Wah?

Are you drinking Uncle Fester's moonshine again?

easymobee
10-05-2004, 01:58 AM
cosmic ....

who are you?

I play monday night pool league (apa) too ... my division has 2 sobo's teams and i know you are on one of them ... don't believe me?

Phillip is the manager/owner of the bar ....

the bar is at 151 broadway ...

which player are you?

CosmicPal
10-05-2004, 06:29 AM
cosmic ....

who are you?

I play monday night pool league (apa) too ... my division has 2 sobo's teams and i know you are on one of them ... don't believe me?

Phillip is the manager/owner of the bar ....

the bar is at 151 broadway ...

which player are you?

I'm on The Horse Badorties team