PDA

View Full Version : Recieving idea anyone?

tyton75
09-20-2004, 01:39 PM
I just saw that Kennison might be out for several weeks.
That leaves Morton who is ok, but gutless
Dante, who can't take the pounding every down at WR for fear of taking away his return-ability.
Richard Smith-who I like, but is young and will make some mistakes.

First, if we aren't going out and getting anyone, I would like to see them call up Horn. He isnt' the fastest or the biggest, but he is smart and he will put his body on the line for a catch.

2nd-if we are paying Larry Johnson all of this money to sit in front of a fan when we are going for it on 4th and 2.. why not work him in as a slot reciever too? He's supposed to be able to catch isn't he? If we can make Kris Wilson play 12 different positions on the field.. can't we get some use outta LJ and get his @ss on the field?

same goes for Blaylock.. why couldn't he play the slot.. Dante used to be a RB.. now he's a reciever.

My point is.. this is the critical time and we have a ton of talent we aren't using.. get them out on the field SOMEWHERE and get something going

just my 2cents..

shaneo69
09-20-2004, 01:45 PM
They may have to cut Richard Smith and move him to the practice squad in order to sign Horn to the active roster.

Smith looks lost when he's out there; Horn may be able to help a little but isn't a long range solution.

FloridaChief
09-20-2004, 01:53 PM
First, if we aren't going out and getting anyone, I would like to see them call up Horn. He isnt' the fastest or the biggest, but he is smart and he will put his body on the line for a catch.

Maybe because he couldn't make the 53-man squad in the 1st place. What makes you think he'll shine now?

2nd-if we are paying Larry Johnson all of this money to sit in front of a fan when we are going for it on 4th and 2.. why not work him in as a slot reciever too?

He hasn't exactly blazed up the RB depth chart, has he? So now you want to convert him to a WR? Yeah, I'm not seeing massive success here....

My point is.. this is the critical time and we have a ton of talent we aren't using..

Apparently they're in the Witness Protection Program...