PDA

View Full Version : Love, love , love.

Rick
09-20-2004, 04:25 PM
DV and company need to learn a lesson if nothing else. They love their guys to a fault. Extra receivers were needed even before Bo got hurt and Morton's achilles tendon flaired up. We needed linebacking in the middle but trusted knees that have never held up. We need corners but know what we were getting cause he played for "us" before in St. Louis. We have no speed rushers on defense but Hicks got 14 sacks under the "old Gun". So what we'll do is bring back the exact same 29th ranked defense from last year because they're "our guys". Well that's just f'n great, we can watch "our guys" repeat last years performance. The only difference is we don't have the same schedule for our offense to kick the shit out of.

Rausch
09-20-2004, 04:28 PM
So, if your conclusion is that it's moronic to do the same things and expect different results, why post the SAME TIRED BULL$3IT?

You expect WHAT exactly?

ENDelt260
09-20-2004, 04:30 PM
Ahahahahaha.

tk13
09-20-2004, 04:34 PM
We drafted two WR's, an excellent pass catching TE... I know we argue about the defense and all, but if Bo, Parker, and Wilson had stayed healthy I think our offense would've been a lot better off...

NaptownChief
09-20-2004, 05:33 PM
We drafted two WR's, an excellent pass catching TE... I know we argue about the defense and all, but if Bo, Parker, and Wilson had stayed healthy I think our offense would've been a lot better off...

True but the WR's were 4th and 6th rounders. 5th through 7th rounders are widely considered fliers that you just hope they have enough talent to possibly make the team or practice squad. Nobody certainly counts on them to make any kind of contribution. 4th rounders are on the fence, you expect them to make the team but expect them to be developmental projects for future years. So it's not like they made any real effort to improve the WR corps this season that badly needed even before Boe got hurt as he mentioned. They were extremely negligent and they are paying the price.

Wilson could have certainly helped but as I mentioned draft day it wasn't the smartest pick under the sun. A backup TE/H-Back, even if a good one, isn't/wasn't near the need as WR. Our track record speaks for itself so it's not like I or anyone else should be surprised by very questionable decisions from the organization.

Rick
09-21-2004, 03:16 PM
So, if your conclusion is that it's moronic to do the same things and expect different results, why post the SAME TIRED BULL$3IT?

You expect WHAT exactly?

So why answer the post?

tk13
09-21-2004, 03:26 PM
True but the WR's were 4th and 6th rounders. 5th through 7th rounders are widely considered fliers that you just hope they have enough talent to possibly make the team or practice squad. Nobody certainly counts on them to make any kind of contribution. 4th rounders are on the fence, you expect them to make the team but expect them to be developmental projects for future years. So it's not like they made any real effort to improve the WR corps this season that badly needed even before Boe got hurt as he mentioned. They were extremely negligent and they are paying the price.

Wilson could have certainly helped but as I mentioned draft day it wasn't the smartest pick under the sun. A backup TE/H-Back, even if a good one, isn't/wasn't near the need as WR. Our track record speaks for itself so it's not like I or anyone else should be surprised by very questionable decisions from the organization.
I think it may have helped a lot. Boerigter and Wilson could've succeeded as a 4th or 5th weapon. Heck, they're just weapons... we need weapons, any weapons at this point. When you're trying to make a killing on offense by having multiple weapons... you're gonna be in trouble if you have injuries. It's the same thing as the Patriots... instead of having a couple great WR's they beat you down by having 5 or 6 good ones in the recieving game. But we'd actually have to have things go right for us to make that work.....

ROYC75
09-21-2004, 03:27 PM
All ya need is love..... The Beatles ?

tk13
09-21-2004, 03:30 PM
All ya need is love..... The Beatles ?
The Love you make is equal to the love you make.

ROYC75
09-21-2004, 03:36 PM
The Love you make is equal to the love you make.

Then what you really mean is the night the kids were concived it was good ?Or is it .... bad ?

Or is it good when no kids are concived ? Or bad ?

Confused on both ends ......

J Diddy
09-21-2004, 03:48 PM
Then what you really mean is the night the kids were concived it was good ?Or is it .... bad ?

Or is it good when no kids are concived ? Or bad ?

Confused on both ends ......

Just as long as you weren't conceived on both ends.

:)

whoman69
09-21-2004, 05:29 PM
I think additionally that putting Parker on the regular squad when he is injured and we have other receivers who are injured was the most short sighted thing we could do. Does anyone really believe other teams are so hard up for players they would have snatched an undersized 4th round WR from a team not known for its receiver talent would have been grabbed on waivers? Horn was the more talented player at this point, the healthier player and now there is talk of us going into the next game with only 3 receivers.