PDA

View Full Version : What's been the worst aspect so far?

el borracho
09-20-2004, 08:38 PM
What's been the worst aspect so far? Injuries, poor play, poor play-calling, and the losses have all sucked... but what do you think has been the worst aspect so far?
For me it has been the poor play. I can understand injuries, I have reason to believe the play-calling can (and will) improve, and I realize that 2 early losses can be overcome. But the play on the field has been horrible.
Penalties and lack of production thus far have been embarrassing and I have zero faith in some of these guys ever getting better. Holliday, Hicks, McCleon... I just don't see them ever producing better than they currently are. I guess in fairness McCleon had a decent year last year but so far he looks old, slow and unable to tackle.
And on offense J Morton looks uninterested and I really find it hard to believe that Dante is going to cut it outside. In the slot? Sure. Outside sometimes? Sure. Outside all the time? I just don't see it.
Anyway, what do you think has been the worst?

|Zach|
09-20-2004, 08:47 PM
Where is the "threads like this" option?

KC Jones
09-20-2004, 09:08 PM
IF

Maz had healed

AND

Boe, Morton, & Kennison had been healthy throughout camp and were still healthy now

AND

Priest weren't hurt right now

THEN

This team would be quite a bit better than it currently is. I'm not sure that would have meant starting out anything other than 0-2, but it sure as hell would make me feel better about the next 14.

We've lost nothing going from Kawika to Beisel IMO.

el borracho
09-20-2004, 09:15 PM
Where is the "threads like this" option?
What don't you like about this thread?

suds79
09-20-2004, 09:18 PM
I was kinda hoping for an option like this...

- The fact that we're stuck with these guys on defense until next year. (same goes for WRs)

Demonpenz
09-20-2004, 09:20 PM
all the whinning

Sure-Oz
09-20-2004, 09:21 PM
I think our offense would be alot better if it wasn't for injuries. We would've had BO and Wilson as extra targets. If tony's heel wasn't ****ed he'd be getting seperation, but it don't matter i guess we are sol right now.

Raiderhader
09-20-2004, 09:21 PM
Play calling. The proper play calling will can maximize what you do have and help set up situations to help your players out (see play fake helping the WRs get open).

|Zach|
09-20-2004, 09:34 PM
What don't you like about this thread?
There are a million others just like it...like a new thread about their problems needed to be made. Just rehashing the same stuff IMO.

Raiderhader
09-20-2004, 09:38 PM
There are a million others just like it...like a new thread about their problems needed to be made. Just rehashing the same stuff IMO.

Yeah, but this one puts it in poll form.

You've been here long enough to know that we rehash everything to death. It's not like there is much else to talk about Chiefs wise at the moment.

el borracho
09-20-2004, 09:41 PM
A million just like it?! I guess I need to look past the first page. ;)

Anyway, yes there are a lot of threads about the Chiefs problems (as one would expect) but I did not see any that specifically looked at which aspect of the first two games bothered Chiefs fans most. I think there is a distinction.

Inspector
09-20-2004, 10:01 PM
I just wish they would take one of those video tackling corses.

Or maybe an online tackling class.

Start tackling old ladies at the mall - they don't move too fast - just for practice to see what it's like.

If they would just do some tackling it would be better. Watching all those wiffs is just depressing.