PDA

View Full Version : VERMEIL

CASHMAN
09-20-2004, 09:19 PM
Great coach but what do you all thank????
He has alot of football smarts but he has blown a few calls and some good draft picks and talent. I thank he has hung aroubd to long i respect the man but its time for a change.

CASHMAN.

|Zach|
09-20-2004, 09:21 PM
You work those caps like a champ. I still love having him as our head coach.

Phobia
09-20-2004, 09:22 PM
I think he needs to talk a whole lot less and do a whole lot more. Pissing 2nd half timeouts away in the wind was a pathetic display of game management on his part. That's barely scraping the surface. I wish he'd just shut up. Stop the spin and fix it. Don't hold another press conference until you get it done on the field. We don't want to hear the excuses.

InChiefsHell
09-20-2004, 09:23 PM
DV is the best thing to happen to Kansas City since....Martyball!!

In spite of that, I still think he's the coach for us. no way do we "send him packing" after 2 losses. Geez people, get a grip!!

Phobia
09-20-2004, 09:23 PM
Oh - I didn't know this was a poll. I think it's a little early to be voting on this issue. Talk to me in december.

suds79
09-20-2004, 09:24 PM
I think I'm a better evaluator of talent. :harumph:

No but seriously, I think his decisions, or imput, on defensive drafts (Sims, Mitchell, Battle) and the hiring of Greg Robinson will go down as the combination reasons why this team should of won a SB, but never did.

Bwana
09-20-2004, 09:26 PM
I think he needs to talk a whole lot less and do a whole lot more. Pissing 2nd half timeouts away in the wind was a pathetic display of game management on his part. That's barely scraping the surface. I wish he'd just shut up. Stop the spin and fix it. Don't hold another press conference until you get it done on the field. We don't want to hear the excuses.
I agree with this take. The guy spews more bullshit that a politician. Even when the guy does say something, at least half the time it's a load a crap. STFU, fix the problems and then come talk to us.

tk13
09-20-2004, 09:26 PM
Bah, another Vermeil thread. He's the one guy in this organization I will defend to the death. There wasn't a single guy I'd rather had coaching this team than Dick Vermeil. I liked Gunther, but I had no problem firing him to bring in Vermeil. The guy took two franchises with absolute dog crap for playoff history... and took them to the Super Bowl. As a franchise that's had no playoff success in years, I don't know what more you'd want in a proven head coach. I worry about the direction this franchise is going to go once he's gone... I don't have nearly the confidence in Al Saunders that I do in Vermeil.

CASHMAN
09-20-2004, 09:28 PM
My wife said yesterday she wants to see him get mad and light a fire under the teams a@@ and get them to step it up, but all he does is stand there and take it like a man. And then saying if i had it to do all over again i would of gone for it instead of trying a FG.

CASHMAN.

|Zach|
09-20-2004, 09:32 PM
He gets a lot of crap for the press conferences and interviews...I don't know...

I don't think he cares about them...and I differ from most people in the fact that I don't care that he doesn't care. His job is to coach the team. I don't think the fans should have to know everything or know what happens behind closed doors. I also think its funny that people think he talks to the team behind closed doors like he does to the public.

|Zach|
09-20-2004, 09:33 PM
My wife said yesterday she wants to see him get mad and light a fire under the teams a@@ and get them to step it up, but all he does is stand there and take it like a man.

I also think its funny that people think he talks to the team behind closed doors like he does to the public.

Frazod
09-20-2004, 09:34 PM
We'd have been better off if he'd retired after last year and rode off into the sunset with Knobinson.

IMO, he's done nothing but build half a team, and now the half he built is falling apart. Sure it looked nice, but in the end, it was just wasted time, wasted talent and yet another heartbreak.

CASHMAN
09-20-2004, 09:36 PM
We'd have been better off if he'd retired after last year and rode off into the sunset with Knobinson.

IMO, he's done nothing but build half a team, and now the half he built is falling apart. Sure it looked nice, but in the end, it was just wasted time, wasted talent and yet another heartbreak.

AMEN..............

CASHMAN.

CASHMAN
09-20-2004, 09:36 PM

:):)GOOD:):)

CASHMAN.

Rausch
09-20-2004, 09:48 PM
I'd say that any intelligent person SHOULD forget three years of performance after the first two games of a season.

Seriously.

I mean, the idea isn't as infinately ****ing stupid as it sounds.

It's genius.

Really...

CASHMAN
09-27-2004, 12:48 PM
And now?????????????????????????????????

CASHMAN.

Braincase
09-27-2004, 12:55 PM
We are struggling so far this year, but I think we can be best served by a third or fourth place schedule next year. I don't see the Chiefs recovering to the point of making the playoffs.

PastorMikH
09-27-2004, 12:55 PM
If we miss the playoffs, I'll be ready for him to go. If we make a wildcard birth and lose, I'll probably be just as ready for him to go. Success in the post-season is what I came into this year expecting. If we don't have post season success, I'll be ready for a change.

CASHMAN
09-27-2004, 12:58 PM
I sat in section 118 and 3 rows away from the bench and were the team goes in and after the game i heard a pin drop after the loss everyone was just pised and shocked, and i heard a bunch of people more then i thought yell at dick as he ran down after the game for him to RETIRE....

CASHMAN.

jspchief
09-27-2004, 01:02 PM
Send him packing? I'm not there yet...

So far this year he seems to have absolutely no feel for the pulse of the team or the game. In previous fourth and shorts, when our D has played dismal and we're in a hole he doesn't go for it. Then in the Texans game, our D is playing fairly well, our O is clicking and we have a lead, and instead of extending the lead, he decides to finally go for a fourth and short. It's a moral failure brought on by an uneccessary risk. It's like he went for it because he got so much flack for not going for it in the previous game...ignoring all of the criteria that makes it a bad decision in one scenario and a good decision in a different scenario. Then he has these absurd uses of timeouts. It's like he doesn't grasp what's going on in the game anymore.

I will say if he continues to trip on his dick like this all season, I'm ready for a change. We know he won't be here forever anyway, so why endure any more than we have to?

CASHMAN
09-27-2004, 02:03 PM
I for one say he has lost a step and makes alot of bad calls and then says if we had it to do all over again and then my favorite saying is we lost a game we should of won:)

CASHMAN.

ENDelt260
09-27-2004, 02:07 PM
Let's get Tony Pena.

Frazod
09-27-2004, 02:21 PM
And now?????????????????????????????????

CASHMAN.

I voted YES initially. You had me at hello. :D

CASHMAN
09-27-2004, 08:00 PM
I voted YES initially. You had me at hello. :D

:):):):)

CASHMAN.

papasmurf
09-27-2004, 08:04 PM
I think you should quit thanking so much. :harumph:

Demonpenz
09-27-2004, 08:06 PM
Should have given Vermiel a chance by adding some role adding some players. Eagles were already good, but now i think they have added the players to get over the top

tommykat
09-27-2004, 08:11 PM
Cashman this is just stupid!

Anyone as I can see that voted for this (most none) I am sorry what a homer to even post this.

Do you all not realize that Gunn and others read this place? Respect for our CHIEFS please.

CASHMAN
09-27-2004, 08:17 PM
Cashman this is just stupid!

Anyone as I can see that voted for this (most none) I am sorry what a homer to even post this.

Do you all not realize that Gunn and others read this place? Respect for our CHIEFS please.

Ok:) If someone gets pissed since we state how we fill then i and i am sure many others say so be it......
And i am not a homer but thanks anyways, i have seen alot of your post and come backs and i thank the shoe fits you.:)

CASHMAN.

ChiefsCountry
09-27-2004, 08:48 PM
This might sound wierd but Vermeil might have built us a future top defense.