PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Defense Ban on Media Reporter Rhonda Moss.

Ari Chi3fs
09-21-2004, 08:25 AM
As reported by 610 this morning... Shawn Barber and I suppose the rest of the defense will NO LONGER speak to Rhonda Moss. A self imposed ban against her... this will hurt her in this town. All she does is stir shit.

However, As Whitlock mentioned a few weeks ago about racism, what about prejudice against her as a superfat whale... they dont want to talk to her cuz she is fat. Heh. Whitlock, come on spin this one. LMAO.

Anyway, the Chiefs dont want any badgering from Rhonda... kinda funny... the pouting bitches.

TEX
09-21-2004, 08:28 AM
And all because she asked what ALL of us want to ask. Course she asked a player, rather than a coach.

ROYC75
09-21-2004, 08:29 AM
LOL...... Guess she asked too many questions !

VonneMarie
09-21-2004, 08:30 AM
Ehh... somehow I got the feeling Barber was joking around.

That's just IMO.

ROYC75
09-21-2004, 08:30 AM
In the locker room of a team that just lost a game is never a pretty site......

Chiefnj
09-21-2004, 08:31 AM
Poor Eric Hicks couldn't deal with someone asking him tough questions about his "family" playing like crap.

Chiefnj
09-21-2004, 08:32 AM
Here's a better idea, for every mistackle made by the Chiefs D, Moss should get to ask one question. At this rate she'll be able to do a 5 or 6 hour postgame interview each week.

NY CHIEF
09-21-2004, 08:32 AM
lose a few more and they wont be talking to anyone :harumph:

Lzen
09-21-2004, 08:39 AM
Heh, I think it's funny. That was a stupid question to ask a player. Ask Carl Peterson or Dick Vermeil or someone. But if you're gonna ask that kind of question to a player, you should expect a negative response.

Brock
09-21-2004, 08:49 AM
This team has turned into a bunch of broads.

memyselfI
09-21-2004, 08:52 AM
As reported by 610 this morning... Shawn Barber and I suppose the rest of the defense will NO LONGER speak to Rhonda Moss. A self imposed ban against her... this will hurt her in this town. All she does is stir shit.

However, As Whitlock mentioned a few weeks ago about racism, what about prejudice against her as a superfat whale... they dont want to talk to her cuz she is fat. Heh. Whitlock, come on spin this one. LMAO.

Anyway, the Chiefs dont want any badgering from Rhonda... kinda funny... the pouting bitches.

Are you kidding?

She's getting NATIONAL media exposure right now. And the Chiefs are looking like a bunch of pouting pansies who are taking their shots gals in the locker room vs. guys on the field.

This is going to HELP her career. She is not the first to be on the Chiefs shit/hit list and those who have ended up with the management on their shows or doing interviews when the team is WINNING...

She'll be fine. It's the guys in the locker room who find a way to rally around each other to 'beat' a reporterette and can't find a way to beat up on an opposing QB/O that are hurting....Sheesh. ROFL

Wile_E_Coyote
09-21-2004, 08:57 AM
A QB does not say, "I can't trow the ball & catch it too." This is being blow way out of proportion by people who make blowing things out of proportion their business.
In front of his team mates he is suppose to be a leader & say we can't get it done? True or not...no, no you don't.

stevieray
09-21-2004, 08:57 AM
Are you kidding?

She's getting NATIONAL media exposure right now. And the Chiefs are looking like a bunch of pouting pansies who are taking their shots gals in the locker room vs. guys on the field.

This is going to HELP her career. She is not the first to be on the Chiefs shit/hit list and those who have ended up there ended up with the management on their shows or doing interviews when the team is WINNING...

She'll be fine. It's the guys in the locker room who find a way to rally around each other to 'beat' a reporterette and can't find a way to beat up on a QB that are hurting....Sheesh. ROFL

Please, she's just like you..."These are my friends"...."I NEVER SAID they weren't your friends...."

:rolleyes:

BigRedChief
09-21-2004, 09:01 AM
Heh, I think it's funny. That was a stupid question to ask a player. Ask Carl Peterson or Dick Vermeil or someone. But if you're gonna ask that kind of question to a player, you should expect a negative response.

It's a legitamate question IMHO. One of the worst defenses in the NFL. Doesn't bring in a single player to improve the defense. Starts out the year pretty close to the same caliber as last year. It's a good question.

The media is way too soft on this team. Any breaking news we have to get nationally.

morphius
09-21-2004, 09:01 AM
She came off as a whiney biatch to me in the whole thing this morning, it was like she was trying to egg it on even more. I didn't hear where one player said they were not going to talk to, and from what I heard Barber sounded like he was above it all. Heck, Hicks just said, "Not right not Rhonda", just a bit later, he didn't say "Go to hell".

But, if they do stop talking to her, then she is of no use, because thats her job. If she can't give me any news from players and interviews, then really, what purpose does she server me? none. If I wanted to listen to someone complain about not getting enough attention from the Chiefs I would listen to some Keitzman reruns.

Braincase
09-21-2004, 09:02 AM
Soon there will be a cardboard lifesize image of Rhonda in the Chiefs Locker Room. I can hear Gunther...

"Boys, I figure we need 10 wins to make the playoffs. So here's how it goes. Everytime we win a game, we get to put an article of clothing on Rhonda. If we win 10, she's fully clothed. If we win 11, we get to put a bag over her head. If we win the Superbowl, she's gonna look like an Afghan woman is Siberia..."

stevieray
09-21-2004, 09:03 AM
It's a legitamate question IMHO. One of the worst defenses in the NFL. Doesn't bring in a single player to improve the defense. Starts out the year pretty close to the same caliber as last year. It's a good question.

The media is way too soft on this team. Any breaking news we have to get nationally.

No its not. It's a stupid question that is moot.

what did you guys expect him to do? dog his teammates and coaching staff?

jcroft
09-21-2004, 09:09 AM
I didn't hear Rhonda or the report this morning, but I did think that Hicks overreacted to the question. Sure, she probably shouldn't have asked that question of him, but he should have just said, "You'll have to ask Carl about that." I know he was frustrated by the loss, but it's part of the job of professional athletes to deal with the media. Acting like a whiny bitch doesn't do anything to make this team look good, and making this team look good is part of his job.

jcroft
09-21-2004, 09:10 AM

No, I expect him to calmly say, "Ask Carl Peterson, he makes those decisions. I like the guys we have, but it's not up to me."

Why would that have been so hard?

BigRedChief
09-21-2004, 09:11 AM

I expect him to say no comment or we just need to improve how we do things as a team. We have the players. We can get this done.

The media softballs the players and the teamm too much IMHO.

Now that being said its stupid to ask a player that question because no player is stupid enough to say (well maybe T.O.) yeah we should have brought more players in. So theres going to be no real news there anyway.

J Diddy

How do you ask a player that question right after getting their asses handed to them?

Piss poor timing if you ask me.

memyselfI
I don't see that the question was out of line. If she was saying so and so should have lost their job and be replaced by ____, dontcha think?

THEN I could see where the question is out of line and the reaction legit.

stevieray
09-21-2004, 09:14 AM
I didn't hear Rhonda or the report this morning, but I did think that Hicks overreacted to the question. Sure, she probably shouldn't have asked that question of him, but he should have just said, "You'll have to ask Carl about that." I know he was frustrated by the loss, but it's part of the job of professional athletes to deal with the media. Acting like a whiny bitch doesn't do anything to make this team look good, and making this team look good is part of his job.

"he should've said"

*and you shouldn't **** off at work.....

*another bogus approach...

Braincase
09-21-2004, 09:14 AM

Ironically, new players have been brought in on defense... Lionel Dalton and Steve Cheek are making the most significant contributions. Junior Siavii and Jared Allen are getting a lot of reps. Bennie Sapp is new. I really hate it when folks say "NOT A SINGLE NEW PLAYER...". It's ignorance.

stevieray
09-21-2004, 09:15 AM
[QUOTE=BigRedChief] or we just need to improve how we do things as a team. We have the players. We can get this done.

QUOTE]

he said that.

stevieray
09-21-2004, 09:20 AM
No, I expect him to calmly say, "Ask Carl Peterson, he makes those decisions. I like the guys we have, but it's not up to me."

Because she knows that already. Her question doesn't even serve a purpose, other than stirring the pot.

It's like friend telling you you should've married someone else after your marriage or divorce.

Bob Dole
09-21-2004, 09:22 AM
Some people make Bob Dole giggle.

Phobia
09-21-2004, 09:26 AM
I'm on the fence. I think Rhonda's question was ill advised. What kind of response did she expect? If Hicks agrees, teammates become pissed and it divides the locker room.

However, I think Hicks overreacted badly.

The aftermath is becoming a little embarrassing. Is 610 making the story about Rhonda now?

Duck Dog
09-21-2004, 09:32 AM
The question wasn't out of line. It was right on target. If Hicks is a leader of the D, he should expect the hard questions.

Hicks reacted like he should of. Pissed, upset, and hurt from the loss.
Had Hicks responded quietly, I'd be concerned.

stevieray
09-21-2004, 09:32 AM
The aftermath is becoming a little embarrassing. Is 610 making the story about Rhonda now?

As we type.

Duck Dog
09-21-2004, 09:35 AM

I agree with that.

ChiTown
09-21-2004, 09:42 AM
I think this is all a bunch of bullshi.........., oops, baloney - sorry Gaz.

Much ado about nothing really. Chiefs lost, players are mad, reporters ask stupid questions, players react, reporters act innocent, players ban together to not answer questions, blah, blah, blah.

What new and amazing thing is going to happen next? Will the sun rise in the East, or will it just set in the West............

Stinger
09-21-2004, 09:48 AM
Well I take this as a positive. The defense has finally stopped somebody. :thumb: ROFL

memyselfI
09-21-2004, 09:57 AM
The question wasn't out of line. It was right on target. If Hicks is a leader of the D, he should expect the hard questions.

Hicks reacted like he should of. Pissed, upset, and hurt from the loss.
Had Hicks responded quietly, I'd be concerned.

Wow, I almost agree with Duck. I think this is a first. :thumb:

Duck Dog
09-21-2004, 10:05 AM
Wow, I almost agree with Duck. I think this is a first. :thumb:

It's where the similarities stop.

memyselfI
09-21-2004, 10:06 AM
It's where the similarities stop.

Well you are entitled to be right about something once in a blue moon....

consider your quota filled. :p

Ari Chi3fs
09-21-2004, 10:06 AM
yeah this is a funny situation, so you all dont think if she looked like Michelle Tafoya, Bonnie B. or Jill Arrington that they would ban her?

ENDelt260
09-21-2004, 10:11 AM
yeah this is a funny situation, so you all dont think if she looked like Michelle Tafoya, Bonnie B. or Jill Arrington that they would ban her?
Michelle Tafoya is beat.

The Bad Guy
09-21-2004, 10:19 AM
Good move Eric. Instead of getting mad about getting your ass handed to you for the last year and a half, you decide to take out your frustration on a reporter.

Ill advised or not, she asked a question that people wanted an answer to. Hicks overreacted.

Hicks never has the answers, and he keeps preaching they will get this right. He's been preaching that since last time they got smoked by the Broncos last year.

I'm glad she called their asses out. Maybe this lady can be the motivation that they haven't had the last 3 years to stop anyone on defense.

Chiefnj
09-21-2004, 10:24 AM
I wonder how many yards Rhonda Moss could put up against the KC defense?

Sure-Oz
09-21-2004, 10:35 AM
I was glad she asked that ?. Maytbe it will light a fire up their ass! Maybe hicks might get a tackle against houston!

jettio
09-21-2004, 10:44 AM
I can't blame Hicks for answering as he did, because she should ask that of the GM and the coach, and not the players.

But if someone makes that point to her and she understands why it was not a proper question she should be able to acknowledge it and mend fences.

As should the players being willing to mend fences with her if she is sincere.

Asking an improper question in front of people and in the full light of day is not so bad, just a mistake. If she was told something in confidence and then publicized it to the detriment of the people that trusted her, then maybe.

J Diddy
09-21-2004, 10:46 AM
I wonder how many yards Rhonda Moss could put up against the KC defense?

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

At least 125

GoTrav
09-21-2004, 11:09 AM

anyone have a pic of Moss? Can't find one? Been wondering what she looks like for a while.

KC Kings
09-21-2004, 11:09 AM

It was not a legit question to ask a player. The players should be worrying about playing, not about personel or roster decisions.

Valid questions she could of asked him....
"Eric, explain to me why you are the voice of the defense and one of the leaders of the defense, yet you haven't had a productive year since DT was playing your opposite?"

"Eric, tell us why that in over 90% of all defensive schemes, if the run goes weak side the strong LBer and DE stay home to protect the cut back,,, yet weekly you allow RB's born in the 80's to cut back and destroy your defense?"

"Explain how the front office could justify not signing R-Kal Truluck, when they have a non-factor such as yourself in as a full time starter?"

"Finally, the Chiefs are statistically the 6th worst defense in the NFL. In just 2 games you have given up 771 yards, averaging 5.7 yards per carry, opposing teams are 42% on third down conversions and 100% on 4th down conversions. While racking up those stats, you managed to record 3 tackles, 0 sacks, 0 passes defended, 0 int's, and 0 fumble recoveries. Should the Chiefs have brought in defensive personel in the offseason to replace you and your dismal performance?"

Iowanian
09-21-2004, 11:11 AM
If Hicks were to get as fired up on the field, as he did vs Ronda Moss.............He might actually get more sacks than if the Chiefs had Kramer and Newman at DE.

KHinz57
09-21-2004, 11:14 AM
Eric Hicks should know that he sucks, and is just trying to ride out his playing time as he still has it. Gunther Cunningham is going to eventually see that Eric Hicks is the cancer of the defense and needs to be cut. It's only a matter of time ... I hope!

KC Kings
09-21-2004, 11:18 AM
Eric Hicks should know that he sucks, and is just trying to ride out his playing time as he still has it. Gunther Cunningham is going to eventually see that Eric Hicks is the cancer of the defense and needs to be cut. It's only a matter of time ... I hope!
I wouldn't go so far as to say that Hicks is a cancer. He is a good guy, has a good attitude towards the fans and the game, and he always gives maximum effort.
I would say he is more of a non-malignant tumor.

ChiefsFanatic
09-21-2004, 12:01 PM

Exactly.

Braincase
09-21-2004, 12:03 PM

How the hell do you function with all that Thorazine getting pumped through your carcass?

tk13
09-21-2004, 05:37 PM
Everybody doesn't like it because DV isn't always super-pissed off and honest after a loss, and then people turn around and get pissed because Eric Hicks is. What a bunch of crap, some people here just want to bitch.

Bob Dole
09-21-2004, 05:41 PM
Everybody doesn't like it because DV isn't always super-pissed off and honest after a loss, and then people turn around and get pissed because Eric Hicks is. What a bunch of crap, some people here just want to bitch.

Anyone have a cookie to spare for Captain ****ing Obvious?

|Zach|
09-21-2004, 05:41 PM
Bingo.

tk13
09-21-2004, 05:45 PM
Anyone have a cookie to spare for Captain ****ing Obvious?
ROFL Thanks, how did you know I'm hungry. It's wearing me down I guess... watching this team suck balls isn't helping I guess. There should be loads and loads of bitching this week, but let's at least be consistent...

Bob Dole
09-21-2004, 05:46 PM
Bingo.

Bingo?

loosersack

tk13
09-21-2004, 05:52 PM
Bingo?

loosersack
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK. skins 1-1