PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Trade Thoughts II

KevB
09-21-2004, 03:59 PM
I'm in a 10 team league, where each of us can keep 6 players from year to year. If you keep 6, it costs you the first 6 rounds in the draft. Some will keep less attempting to pick up that hot rookie. We also get to put 2 players on IR, and they count as our 19th and 20th round selections, but they're unavailable to play this season. Here's my roster:

QB: Brooks, Carr
RB: Faulk, Martin, C. Brown, T. Jones, Griffin
WR: R. Moss, Chad Johnson, Driver, Crumpler, Watts, Reed, Gage
IR: Onterrio Smith, Calico

We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR

So far, I'm leading the league in pts, despite having some very good RB performances sitting on my bench in the first two weeks. I'm extremely deep at RB, and believe I should trade at least one of these guys while they're hot.

My question is....should I be looking for an upgrade at QB, an upgrade to get an elite RB, or improving a shallow WR corp?

Is getting a guy like Darrell Jackson fair value for a back like T. Jones or Griffin?

GoTrav
09-21-2004, 04:01 PM
Is getting a guy like Darrell Jackson fair value for a back like T. Jones or Griffin?

no

donkhater
09-21-2004, 04:17 PM
I'd trade Faulk or Martin while they are hot. They are both over 30 (bad for a keeper league) and have a history of injuries. They've also played subpar defenses so far.

I'm not a big believer in Brooks but you could have worse (like Green).

You definately need a WR. Check out who is deepest at that position and they are likely in need of a RB.

Miles
09-21-2004, 04:30 PM
You may want to try dumping Martin or faulk for Holt or Harrison. I dont know your scoring system but a good RB should aways fetch great WR in a trade. You may also try trading a rb for a 2nd tier wr like Ward, D Jax and have the other guy throw and additional good wr.

Hoover
09-21-2004, 05:04 PM
How about this deal

Randy Moss, Tony G, and Lee Suggs

for

Chris Brown, Erron Kinney, Chad Johnson