PDA

View Full Version : Time to step it up Al.

Ralphy Boy
09-21-2004, 07:24 PM
I know your hopes and dreams for an added dimension for the season were crushed when Bo & Wilson went down. And I know that your battling injuries and the line isn't what it was last year, but your supposed to be the best OC in the league. Time to step it up. I don't care what the plan was before, pull out some of the game plans from last year if you have to, but something has to change.

If were hurting at WR and not doing well in the passing game AND losing the time of possession battle, yet we're leading the league averaging 5.4 yards per carry, then start running the ball more. We're currently #21 in rushing attempts & #20 in YPG yet have the highest average in the league per carry.

We've supposedly got great depth in our running game and have a first round RB who's getting PO'd about a lack of carries.

Try something, anything different. I know our average per carry will go down, but it should help open things in the passing game.

Hoping for a heavy dose of the run this weekend, in case you couldn't tell. Houston had a worse run defense than us last year with an average of 148.1 yards allowed per game.

J Diddy
09-21-2004, 07:27 PM
Is this like writing a letter to Santa Claus?

Ralphy Boy
09-21-2004, 07:29 PM
Is this like writing a letter to Santa Claus?

More like a rant and something that if they actually do try and it results in a win, something I'll bump up to show how smart I am.

Then again if it doesn't...

J Diddy
09-21-2004, 07:34 PM
More like a rant and something that if they actually do try and it results in a win, something I'll bump up to show how smart I am.

Then again if it doesn't...

Hey if it don't, don't mention it again.

No one will ever know.........

J Diddy
09-21-2004, 07:36 PM
that's freaking weird...

we both joined in august of 2001 and our post count is about the same.......