PDA

View Full Version : So how was the Delaney induction at halftime today? Who saw it?

Deberg_1990
09-26-2004, 03:57 PM
Just curious..trying to find something positve about today....

ChiefsFanatic
09-26-2004, 04:36 PM
I would like to know too.

KCWolfman
09-26-2004, 05:03 PM
It was sweet. About 20-25 retired players showed up and Carolyn (his widow) was there. Very nice.

cookster50
09-26-2004, 05:03 PM
It wasn't as good as I was hoping for. There was a short video of him playing. They mentioned his career was short and everything, but didn't tell the story of what he did. My wife had never heard of him and asked me why they were doing this. Just wonder how many other people there were that didn't know the Delaney story.

Deberg_1990
09-26-2004, 05:06 PM
It wasn't as good as I was hoping for. There was a short video of him playing. They mentioned his career was short and everything, but didn't tell the story of what he did. My wife had never heard of him and asked me why they were doing this. Just wonder how many other people there were that didn't know the Delaney story.

His story is crying out to be made into a Movie..........your right..id say about 70% of Arrowhead now are fans who probably dont know his story too well...most of the fans there now only came on board from like 1990 on.....

Phobia
09-26-2004, 07:10 PM
Yeah - they didn't do a good job of educating fans during the induction. But, they had a nice article and cover dedicated to Delaney in today's Gameday. They even had a nice blurb at the bottom of the article about 37 Forever. I have no complaints. Putting Joe into the ROF was just icing on the cake, IMO.