ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet How often do you shave? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279425)

Katipan 12-12-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10271908)
I kind of wonder if a beard is a "Hey, look at me, I'm an adult" type of thing. Growing a beard is something that's uniquely adult, so maybe if you're trying to show the world and yourself that you're an adult, you go through a beard phase. Women kind of have a built-in announcement with the whole breast phenomenon, but guys need beards to make the formal announcement.

My boyfriend is sporting his first beard ever. This bodes well.
However I'm the same cup size i was when I was 12 with no sign of ever growing up.

I should try to grow a beard instead.

SAUTO 12-12-2013 06:14 PM

a beard makes it appear that you are a dominant authority figure

Rain Man 12-12-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10271927)
My boyfriend is sporting his first beard ever. This bodes well.
However I'm the same cup size i was when I was 12 with no sign of ever growing up.

I should try to grow a beard instead.

The Olympic gymnast look can be quite appealing. But not with a beard.

Rain Man 12-12-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10271946)
a beard makes it appear that you are a dominant authority figure

Really? I would think just the opposite, at least in modern society. We haven't had a bearded president, for example, since Rutherford B. Hayes or thereabouts.

crossbow 12-12-2013 06:31 PM

I shave my dog's ass, make him walk backwards and call him a Raider. Does that count?

SAUTO 12-12-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10271956)
Really? I would think just the opposite, at least in modern society. We haven't had a bearded president, for example, since Rutherford B. Hayes or thereabouts.

that's what the old ladies tell me

Katipan 12-12-2013 06:37 PM

Rutherford didn't have to deal with TV, much less high def. A modern president will have to have a polished manicured beard. No bushy homages to anyone named Robertson. If you're lucky Hillary will let her 5 o'clock shadow grow.

Reaper16 12-12-2013 06:47 PM

I trim my beard every 3 weeks or so. On electric trimmers with 8 settings, my setting tends to be a 3 or 4, depending on mood/season/etc.

My hair has been kept in short buzzcuts or fades since June, except for the couple of times where I shaved it for kicks. My hairline will eventually be such that I'll rock the shaved head permanently, but for now its an end-of-semester thing that I do for a week or so. I have always shaved my head at the sink. I need that mirror.

ghak99 12-12-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10271956)

I'm not sure I'd call any of our recent presidents dominant males and most of them have hardly been authority figures.

I'd rank our current first lady higher than our president in both categories. Her being clean shaven probably supports your argument though.

sfuria 12-12-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10270384)
This is what I have. After 2-3 days I can feel my whiskers getting too long and annoying. It trims them right down to a stubbly length and I'm good for another 2-3 days. It's actually a cheap piece of shit but it's lasted and does a good job.

http://www.twinint.com/catalog/image...L-9906-718.jpg

So I decided to try your method tonight. All I can say is THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! While I'm not ecstatic about the stubble, its not too much that it looks bad and its definitely worth the time it takes. It took me about 2 minutes to do my face... I don't know how long it takes others to shave, but thats a savings of about 8 minutes for me! (yeah I got a heavy beard).