ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU ***THE OFFICIAL WVU vs. KU GAME THREAD*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270633)

silver5liter 03-02-2013 03:34 PM

My goodness that was a fun one to go to

Chiefs Pantalones 03-02-2013 03:38 PM

It's March. Let's go.

KC_Connection 03-02-2013 05:17 PM

I really hope WVU picks it up next year. For the sake of the conference, they need to be a lot better than what we've seen this year. Especially if there are going to be teams like TCU and Tech bringing it down.

As for KU, expected win. They got great guard play from EJ and Tharpe which they'll need when the meaningful games start. Also, it would be nice if McLemore was always that hot from the field.

chiefsfan987 03-02-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9457853)
I really hope WVU picks it up next year. For the sake of the conference, they need to be a lot better than what we've seen this year. Especially if there are going to be teams like TCU and Tech bringing it down.

As for KU, expected win. They got great guard play from EJ and Tharpe which they'll need when the meaningful games start. Also, it would be nice if McLemore was always that hot from the field.

I fully expect them to continue to struggle in most sports because the travel is not getting any easier and I think their recruiting is going to begin to suffer being out on that island.

chiefsfan987 03-02-2013 05:55 PM

Go Baylor

ReynardMuldrake 03-02-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

McLemore only seems to turn it on for the home games. Here's hoping he learns how to do it away by the time the tourney rolls around.

Mr. Plow 03-02-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9457566)
I'm not an Ellis hater but he plays so low, gets shots blocked all over the place.

It's going to be kinda difficult to change the way he is used to playing.

Traylor plays high and physical, a little polish and he could be really good.

FTR, I believe we are going to have 2 very good post players in Traylor & Ellis and I think they'll compliment each other very well.

Buehler445 03-02-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9457463)
I think he might become really good.

I would bet on him long term before Ellis

Traylor is such a ****ing physical specimen, it's just incredible. He doesn't have as quick of feet as Robinson, but at this point in his career Robinson was pretty stringy and just a big ball of out of control. Traylor, from a physical standpoint could be a man among boys with Hudy.

I think Ellis will be OK too. He's doing some things better. I'm quite certain he's working on his glaring deficiencies. He's already adjusting some stuff, he just has so far to go. I would point out that he played pretty ****ing well in the ISU game in crunch time. The other thing he is doing, not just in the ISU game, but all of them is rebounding much much better.

Quote:

WVU will likely be back or Thuggy is washed up. it shouldn't take too long to figure it out. Although WV was doing dumb shit all through the game, like driving into Withey to the tune of 10 ****ing blocks. And that turk dude took Withey out of the lane, they got an easy one and then didn't go back there. Thuggy Bear may well be washed up.

I don't think TT and TCU will be THIS bad all the time. That TCU coach is pretty decent and both of them have kept their teams playing hard even though they blow ass. That's kind of impressive.

KC_Connection 03-02-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan987 (Post 9457923)
I fully expect them to continue to struggle in most sports because the travel is not getting any easier and I think their recruiting is going to begin to suffer being out on that island.

Huggins is better than this.

KC_Connection 03-02-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 9458047)
McLemore only seems to turn it on for the home games. Here's hoping he learns how to do it away by the time the tourney rolls around.

Might help that the tournament games will be in KC to begin.

KC_Connection 03-02-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9458064)
WVU will likely be back or Thuggy is washed up. it shouldn't take too long to figure it out. Although WV was doing dumb shit all through the game, like driving into Withey to the tune of 10 ****ing blocks. And that turk dude took Withey out of the lane, they got an easy one and then didn't go back there. Thuggy Bear may well be washed up.

Very dumb shit. Kept attacking Withey all game instead of taking threes and they didn't play slow at all which led to a lot of KU run outs. Basically, they did the opposite of the blueprint to beat KU and got blown out as a result. I bet Tech at least plays incredibly slow on Monday.

Quote:

I don't think TT and TCU will be THIS bad all the time. That TCU coach is pretty decent and both of them have kept their teams playing hard even though they blow ass. That's kind of impressive.
Texas Tech has been this bad for the last two years now. And TCU...well it's that coach's first year there. Maybe he can fix it to something less than absolute garbage. I'm not that hopeful, though.

Prison Bitch 03-02-2013 07:21 PM

On the WVU board, they spent dozens of pages complaining about the refs. Esp with respect to Withey.

KC_Connection 03-02-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9458261)
On the WVU board, they spent dozens of pages complaining about the refs. Esp with respect to Withey.

Totally explains the 30 point loss.

Mr. Plow 03-02-2013 07:52 PM

I hate to say this.... come on Baylor.

56-54 Baylor with 3:31 left.

Mr. Plow 03-02-2013 07:59 PM

59-59 1:23 left.