ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I think the QB of the future may be on our roster already. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263152)

NJChiefsFan 09-03-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8875672)
Exactly what? throw to the part of the field that's already crowded with cheating safeties?

Yes.

jspchief 09-03-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8875684)
Yes.

To the floating styrofoam peanut!!1!

Reerun_KC 09-03-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8875672)
Exactly what? throw to the part of the field that's already crowded with cheating safeties?

Yep and they will ask Cassel to do it game in and out. It will wear us thin all year with the daboll Dink and dunk.

Reerun_KC 09-03-2012 09:58 PM

Daboll Dink and dunk. ROFL. That is kind of funny

Saccopoo 09-03-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8875714)
Yep and they will ask Cassel to do it game in and out. It will wear us thin all year with the daboll Dink and dunk.

What do you want them to do? Have Cassel air it out long a la Stafford to Johnson?

The team needs wins. They've built the offense specifically for matriculating the ball up and down the field. You've got one of the best backfields in the NFL in Charles and Hillis. You've got two huge receivers who can fight off the line and seal CB's off and who can block the hell out of defensive backs and even linebackers. You've got the best run blocking right tackle in the NFL. You've got a left tackle who is very good at run blocking and not so good at pass blocking. You've got a center and right guard who are bull strong. You've got strong TE's that have very good hands who are also excellent blockers. You've got a shifty dump off guy who can make plays behind all the excellent blockers. You've got a big, pretty mobile quarterback who loves the dump off. You've got an offensive coordinator who loves the run supported by the short to mid passing game. You've got a pretty damn good defense that keeps people out of the end zone.

As it stands, trying to stretch the field is a complete waste with this offense. Let's shove that ****er down the defenses throat five yards at a time. Matriculate it up and down the field boys!

ARROW2 09-03-2012 10:19 PM

Quinn is better than Cassel and it's not even close. Waaaay more talented and poise in the pocket. Throws a better ball and reads defenses better. Looks like a QB. Cassel sucks and is a wannabe QB.

ChiefsCountry 09-03-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8874888)
Cassel is the starter.

No matter how much you bitch, moan and complain, he's our starter til the end of his contract.

Start as many reeruned and pointless threads you want about how QB's xyz are better than Cassel. Not only are you incorrect, but this is also perfect example of how Chiefs fans will pimp up any QB simply because it's someone that's not Cassel, regardless of how bad that QB may be.

Quinn isn't a NFL starter, neither is Tanney, Croyle, Thigpen, Stanzi, or Palko.

ROFL There have been posts/threads here saying Tanney is "being held back" or posts implying that we're trying to "sneak him under the radar". This is a guy that got famous because of Youtube.

You can make an argument that Orton is better than Cassel. But is he really THAT much better? I don't think so and I think at the end of the day we're winning just as many games with Orton as we would w/ Cassel. Neither are top 10 franchise Pro Bowl type QB's. Orton didn't want to be here anyways, he'd rather backup Romo in Dallas than to possibly have the chance to start in KC.

Vince Young isn't coming here. Neither is Seneca Wallace.

We're not making a trade for Matt Moore.

People really need to STFU already. I wish Cassel would be replaced w/ a better option. But so far, a better option hasn't been presented.

Hell yes Brady Quinn is now going to be a future Hall of Famer.

clyde05 09-04-2012 12:56 AM

if we have qbof on our team right now, we are doomed for years to come

NJChiefsFan 09-04-2012 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8875700)
To the floating styrofoam peanut!!1!

Come on, you gotta give this strategy atleast 6 years before you give up on it. Cassel just make work out.....

Coogs 09-04-2012 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8875565)
He didn't really check it down, thats the way Dabolls offense is designed.

This is what I did not see when you go through the first two series with Quinn. He found the open receiver, and was pretty much on the mark with his throws. His targets were the big boys down the field... not McCluster in the flat.

I think he is exactly what this team needs to take it to the next level with the talent that is here. We tried against the Rams and Seahawks with Cassel, and it just wasn't there.

We can and will win games with Cassel. But we could win those same games with Quinn. It looks like we could win games with Quinn that we can not win with Cassel.

Coogs 09-04-2012 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8875787)
Hell yes Brady Quinn is now going to be a future Hall of Famer.

Doesn't have to be a HOFer. This team is not built in the fashion that needs a HOF QB to be successful... and successful deep into the post season. It does need a QB who can bring a bit more to the table than Cassel can.

Watch the 1st two series with Quinn against the Packers again. Watch it without any bias. You might be surprised.

Reerun_KC 09-04-2012 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8876014)
Doesn't have to be a HOFer. This team is not built in the fashion that needs a HOF QB to be successful... and successful deep into the post season. It does need a QB who can bring a bit more to the table than Cassel can.

Watch the 1st two series with Quinn against the Packers again. Watch it without any bias. You might be surprised.

Only if you look at Quinn's body of work without bias. Cause Quinn doesn't give us the best chance for anything positive.

Chiefnj2 09-04-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8876011)
This is what I did not see when you go through the first two series with Quinn. He found the open receiver, and was pretty much on the mark with his throws. His targets were the big boys down the field... not McCluster in the flat.

Here is where I think your analysis is off base. You are assuming that Cassel and Quinn had the same gameplan and playcalling. In the first two preaseason games it was obvious that the playcalling and design was to get the ball to the slot and TE's. Other times you saw designed plays where the ball was forced to other guys on short routes.

IMHO, the only time they opened the playcalling up for Cassel was the GB game and he came throwing really high the first quarter and then had some drops (some worse than others). Honestly, even when Cassel threw longer against Seattle (and high) the receivers weren't nearly as open as the guys were when Quinn was throwing in GB.

If Quinn was in year four with KC, do I think he might be a little better than Cassel - sure. Do I think the downfield passing game would be better between 11 and 20, yep. Do I think Quinn is any real improvement or should be viewed or treated like a QBOTG - no way in hell.

Black Bob 09-04-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8875451)
What exactly did you see in the preseason to come up with this. I saw status quo. We run... he's OK. We ask him to pass... not so much. All four games (if you count 10 runs and 1 pass sufficient evidence for an OK ranking) bear out the cold hard facts.

That's just it. It's the preseason and we showed nothing. We have seen him throw the ball down the field in the last three years. People just don't want to admit it. People are crazy.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-04-2012 08:31 AM

How bad does Cassel suck when pining for Thiggy becomes a topic around here?