ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Goodbye Glenn Dorsey (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271096)

DaneMcCloud 03-17-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9510227)
Close your mouth when you're breathing.

We lose:

Alex Smith

We gain:

Matt Moore
34th pick in the draft
3rd rounder next year
8 million in cap space.

ANYONE that wouldn't take that trade (for KC) is a God damned fool.

No thanks.

RunKC 03-17-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9510222)
A team setting up what very well could be a run of superbowls thinks Dorsey could man one of the most important positions in their defense.

Teams aren't paying players this year...with his injury history, giving Dorsey 3/yr on pure potential in a new system is considerable.

Dorsey ****ing blows. He's small and won't get any pass rush at all. He got his ass handed to him multiple times last year.

DeVito is easily better than him at this point.LMAO

Simply Red 03-17-2013 11:42 PM

Bye Glenn - take care bud.

BigRock 03-17-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9510216)
RIGHT NOW would YOU trade Alex Smith for Matt Moore, a second rounder, a third rounder AND 8 million in cap space that could be used to add a guy like Dumervil?

How many dimensions do you have to travel through until you get to an alternate universe where Dumervil, or anyone else worth a shit, would sign with a team QB'd by Matt Moore?

I'd guess at least 8.

BossChief 03-17-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9510233)
Dorsey ****ing blows. He's small and won't get any pass rush at all. He got his ass handed to him multiple times last year.

DeVito is easily better than him at this point.LMAO

SF disagrees.

BossChief 03-17-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 9510250)
How many dimensions do you have to travel through until you get to an alternate universe where Dumervil, or anyone else worth a shit, would sign with a team QB'd by Matt Moore?

I'd guess at least 8.

Matt Moore is the backup in that alternate universe and Geno is the top pick.

BigRock 03-18-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9510254)
Matt Moore is the backup in that alternate universe and Geno is the top pick.

OK. But if I'm Elvis Dumervil and I could stay with Denver or go to Baltimore, is that supposed to excite me?

mcaj22 03-18-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9510208)
Dorsey is such a monster that he went from $10 per year on his rookie contract, to $2 million per.

Ewww, I'm scared.

so you're saying we overpaid severely for a 1 down, 1 dimensional useless trick pony in Mike DeVito,

if so I agree fully.

BossChief 03-18-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 9510277)
OK. But if I'm Elvis Dumervil and I could stay with Denver or go to Baltimore, is that supposed to excite me?

That's irrelevant.

Dumervil was just the example of what quality of player we could get for the 8 million difference between Alex Smith and Matt Moore.

BigRock 03-18-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9510287)
That's irrelevant.

Dumervil was just the example of what quality of player we could get for the 8 million difference between Alex Smith and Matt Moore.

And as I've been saying, a player of that quality isn't coming here in your scenario. Because they have options beyond the 2-win team whose best QB is a total unknown.

BossChief 03-18-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 9510322)
And as I've been saying, a player of that quality isn't coming here in your scenario. Because they have options beyond the 2-win team whose best QB is a total unknown.

Then split it up and sign 2 more 4 million per year players.

You guys keep arguing over the semantics and ignoring to important part which is the savings and how it can be redistributed.

mcaj22 03-18-2013 12:37 PM

i agree that the unknown is how many players balked at the Chiefs offers to them, so KC can only get the guys that want to come here based on their offer + location + FO.

I think they missed on more FA targets than you think, compared to what they hit on.

Guys like Fasano seem awfully like "rush to Plan B" than "Plan A" target FAs. Mike DeVito was also a plan B if the reports that the offer to Glenn Dorsey fell through ___ hours before FA started.

They definitely missed on Phillip Wheeler and Chris Canty, to name some that leaked.

mcaj22 03-18-2013 12:39 PM

i guess "miss" is a strong word

i should say, their target FA wish list probably looked A LOT different than what they actually hit on. But they are still happy with what they got and that's all that matters, but I bet you the first wave of guys they sent feelers out to was not the ones signed that is for sure. Probably just Sean Smith/Dunta in that regard.

DaneMcCloud 03-18-2013 12:46 PM

This crap about Matt Moore is just that: Crap. The guy wasn't in contention as a starter for any NFL franchise which is why he signed to back up Tannehill at $4 million per.

philfree 03-18-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9511017)
This crap about Matt Moore is just that: Crap. The guy wasn't in contention as a starter for any NFL franchise which is why he signed to back up Tannehill at $4 million per.

It's the new ABA. Anyone but Alex!