ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Dumb and Dumber 2 confirmed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258014)

unlurking 06-12-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10685877)
meh, theaters arent more enjoyable or less enjoyable, its just to get out of the house, or to do something thats not at home. I just hate going when its packed is all.

Yeah. I hit weekend first showings and it's normally no more than 30 people. Sometimes feels kind of lonely though! lol

Pepe Silvia 06-12-2014 12:58 PM

It does look pretty bad. The Farrelly Brothers haven't made a good movie in a long time.

Dayze 06-12-2014 12:59 PM

I'm sure it won't be as good as the first...that's impossible. But I think there will still be a bunch of great 1-liners etc.

sd4chiefs 11-14-2014 06:47 PM

29% on the tomatometer. Dumb and dumber to is the dummest.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dumb...id=home_list1a

Fish 11-14-2014 06:52 PM

Pot helps.

Easy 6 11-14-2014 07:15 PM

Somewhere in this thread I said something about how tough it would be even getting close to the hilarity of the first... and if the trailers and reviews I've seen are any indication, I was right.

Hate to say it, but it just HAS to be sooo hard to replicate that kind of magic.

The trailers look like lame revisions of the original highlights... I will definitely give this 2-3 tries before passing final judgement, but I'm not expecting much.

But unlike the snide reviewers I've read, this one could NEVER tarnish the absolute brilliance of the first one... I've watched it a couple times in the last few days and it doesnt matter that its been watched 1000 times before, its just funny over and over again.

Otter 11-14-2014 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 11110957)
Pot helps.

This

Also, it's getting a 7.5/10 on IMDB. One thing I've learned from the original movie is that girls don't like the humor for the most part so most women's ratings don't matter any more than ours does for 'The Notebook' or when Bet Middler decides to belt out "The Rose".

Deberg_1990 11-15-2014 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11110979)
Somewhere in this thread I said something about how tough it would be even getting close to the hilarity of the first... and if the trailers and reviews I've seen are any indication, I was right.

Hate to say it, but it just HAS to be sooo hard to replicate that kind of magic.

The trailers look like lame revisions of the original highlights... I will definitely give this 2-3 tries before passing final judgement, but I'm not expecting much.

But unlike the snide reviewers I've read, this one could NEVER tarnish the absolute brilliance of the first one... I've watched it a couple times in the last few days and it doesnt matter that its been watched 1000 times before, its just funny over and over again.

I was flipping around the channels last night and it was on. Watched the 'peeing in the beer bottles scene with the cop'

I could not stop laughing

thabear04 11-15-2014 10:58 AM

One of my favorite.

http://hootlol.com/wp-content/upload...-pull-over.jpg

Chiefs Pantalones 11-15-2014 09:16 PM

My wife and I saw it today and liked it. Pretty funny. Not as good as the first of course but funny.

GoShox 11-15-2014 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 11113138)
My wife and I saw it today and liked it. Pretty funny. Not as good as the first of course but funny.

Pretty much the exact same thing here. I had a good amount of laughs, but of course it's not better than the first movie. There's a good amount of references to the first movie that I thought were awesome
Spoiler!
and there's a lot of new jokes. Some hit, and some miss the mark and make you just kinda sit there, but that's almost how all comedy films are nowadays. It was worth seeing the movie.

Kidd Lex 11-16-2014 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10685866)
Precisely. No matter how good the comedy might or might not be the theaters don't really enhance the experience at all

Fork and screen is nice, and comedy's are better with a crowd. Saw this last night, not a good movie but familiarity with the characters made it strangely entertaining.

DJJasonp 11-16-2014 08:57 PM

I realize they were up against expectations that would never be met - but I came away pretty disappointed.

You can never go back......

I chuckled more often than I should have - but only for nostalgia's sake, due to my love for the characters.

The funniest bits were shown in the trailer - unfortunately.

The opening scene - and the scene with the old lady would have been 3x as funny if I hadnt already experienced them both in the trailer.

Demonpenz 11-16-2014 09:04 PM

whens kingpin 2 come out?

Tribal Warfare 11-17-2014 04:56 PM

Awesome ****in movie, just as good as the original