ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Singer Lauryn Hill Blames Slavery For Not Paying Her Taxes (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272908)

SPATCH 05-09-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9671013)
I think it's pretty clear that Black people have a propensity to commit crimes that land them in jail at a higher rate than White people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9671023)
I don't know! Why do white people dance badly?

Also, even if these problems do stem from slavery, how in the hell is giving them money going to fix it? How is affirmative action going to fix it? Answer: It's not. It gives no stimulus to change the behaviors causing the problem in the first place. I think that can only be cured over time.

I would like both of you to answer this one question, right now. Yes or no. Nothing else. Just YES or NO.

If a brand new society was started on Mars using the DNA of blacks and whites to create the children that would make up this brand new society (obviously, everybody in the society starts on completely equal footing). Do you think (generations down the road) that blacks would commit a statistically significant more amount of the crime there?

YES or NO

Frazod 05-09-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 9670798)
Guess what? I wasn't talking about an individual person. I was speaking in broad terms.

I understand this thread is about Lauryn Hill but we've got people in here talking about "ninjas gonna ninja" and "this is why stereotypes exist". Those are broad comments.

Some people like to think their is no basis for reparations (or things like affirmative action). However, if you know your history...

What if I'm descended from one of the hundreds of thousands of union soldiers who died fighting for their freedom? Great-great-grandpa frazod might have ended up being a land baron or railroad tycoon, but instead he got his ass shot off at Fredericksburg. What do I get?

**** your reparations.

Donger 05-09-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 9671048)
I would like both of you to answer this one question, right now. Yes or no. Nothing else. Just YES or NO.

If a brand new society was started on Mars using the DNA of blacks and whites to create the children that would make up this brand new society (obviously, everybody in the society starts on completely equal footing). Do you think (generations down the road) that blacks would commit a statistically significant more amount of the crime there?

YES or NO

No.

JPPT1974 05-09-2013 01:19 PM

Excuses, excuses for not paying taxes!

SPATCH 05-09-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9671040)
Thanks. Why or how is slavery or racism responsible for many inner city schools being crappy?

I have already stated that I believe that slavery/racism has nearly everything to do with it.

What do you believe is the explanation?

GoChargers 05-09-2013 01:22 PM

There's seriously people making excuses for her in here? Blathering on about reparations doesn't exonerate her from ducking taxes, period.

Donger 05-09-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 9671058)
I have already stated that I believe that slavery/racism has nearly everything to do with it.

I would imagine that crappy teachers are a large part of it, along with a substantial amount of not giving a shit by the students.

Donger 05-09-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 9671058)

I would also think that having over 50% (I think) of Black families not having a father present would contribute not only to crappy schools, but also drug use and other illegal activities.

SPATCH 05-09-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9671049)
What if I'm descended from one of the hundreds of thousands of union soldiers who died fighting for their freedom? Great-great-grandpa frazod might have ended up being a land baron or railroad tycoon, but instead he got his ass shot off at Fredericksburg. What do I get?

**** your reparations.

I am not advocating 40 acres and a mule, dude. Of course that wouldn't work.

But I do believe there is justification for our government to proactively attempt to undo some of the issues created by our forefathers.

I was simply pointing out that it isn't nutty to believe in something like reparations.

I do not believe that handing over money or goods is the answer, though. I never said that.

SPATCH 05-09-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9671088)
I would also think that having over 50% (I think) of Black families not having a father present would contribute not only to crappy schools, but also drug use and other illegal activities.

In our society on Mars would more black children end up fatherless than white children?

Yes or no?

durtyrute 05-09-2013 01:31 PM

I'm not sure about the slavery thing, but I don't know how anyone could not want to skip out on taxes. Why don't they take some of that quadra billion dollar defense budget or the millions in foreign aid or the unlimitless billions from NASA. So many people back the government even though they get ****ed by them daily. It's mind bottling.

DJ's left nut 05-09-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 9671092)
I am not advocating 40 acres and a mule, dude. Of course that wouldn't work.

But I do believe there is justification for our government to proactively attempt to undo some of the issues created by our forefathers.

I was simply pointing out that it isn't nutty to believe in something like reparations.

I do not believe that handing over money or goods is the answer, though. I never said that.

As does just about everyone else.

Here's the problem - it's been tried. Over and over and over again it's been tried. Magnet schools, minority scholarships, huge education grants to predominantly minority schools, funding formula modifications, on and on and on.

The government has done a TON to try to get more education to disenfranchised minorities but the problem is that oftentimes the family simply does not do their part in it.

"Provide education" is always the easy answer, but it presupposes that the government hasn't tried to do exactly that. They most certainly have and at some point, the black community has to take ownership of the fact that they have very frequently pissed those opportunities away.

kcxiv 05-09-2013 01:32 PM

that bitch knows NOTHING about being a slave what happened 400 years ago or even 100 years ago, is irrelevent to her, maybe her grandmother or her great grandmother, but to her? absolutely NOTHING.

I hate when people do that shit, its like bitch, you dont know what its like to be a slave.

Donger 05-09-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 9671096)
In our society on Mars would more black children end up fatherless than white children?

Yes or no?

I would hope not. But I guess I don't see what slavery and racism has to do with the Blacks fathers' decisions to not take care of their kids.

Chief_For_Life58 05-09-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 9671048)

YES or NO

Would the coca plant grow on this planet?