ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid with Peter King (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268926)

Hammock Parties 01-15-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9322926)

You can't cut out all of the practices, contact, contact during the week, two-a-days, etc. and not expect to see an significant dropoff in the level of play.

Roger Goodell and Gene Upshaw FTW!

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9322944)
The Giants had 6 hits in 5 years. Slightly more than 1 hit per draft.

In case you need a refresher, 1 is less than 3.

Go **** yourself.

If you think that JJP was the Giants only "hit", you're ****ing dumber than I ever imagined.

Unless your definition of a "hit" is an All Pro player, which is ****ing ludicrous.

Dumbass.

Hammock Parties 01-15-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9322946)
We were very, very lucky to get the #1 overall pick. It took a special storm of Cassel getting his turnover comeuppance, Romeo being an awful coach, Romeo's hand being forced to remove Cassel, and Cassel's backup not being an NFL QB for us to only win two games..

Ryan Succop was also paid off, I'm pretty sure.

I honestly couldn't believe some of the kicks he missed. They were huge momentum swings in at least two games.

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9322961)
Ryan Succop was also paid off, I'm pretty sure.

I honestly couldn't believe some of the kicks he missed. They were huge momentum swings in at least two games.

I just think he sucks.

Pioli shouldn't have cut Connor Barth. Just another dumb move in his part.

-King- 01-15-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9322950)
Go **** yourself.

If you think that JJP was the Giants only "hit", you're ****ing dumber than I ever imagined.

Unless your definition of a "hit" is an All Pro player, which is ****ing ludicrous.

Dumbass.

Ok...list all the hits I missed.

Hammock Parties 01-15-2013 10:54 PM

Ryan Succop missed:

A 40-yard FG to tie against Atlanta.

A 33-yard FG that would have given us a lead against Pittsburgh in the third quarter.

A 27-yard FG to put us up 10-0 on the Browns.

A 43-yard FG to bring us within 1 point of the Colts.

:hail:

chiefzilla1501 01-15-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9322946)
This team would have won 4-5 games this year without aberrational turnovers, which I am ecstatic about. The Chiefs were preternaturally lucky for two straight years on gameday. 2012 caught up to them.

We were very, very lucky to get the #1 overall pick. It took a special storm of Cassel getting his turnover comeuppance, Romeo being an awful coach, Romeo's hand being forced to remove Cassel, and Cassel's backup not being an NFL QB for us to only win two games.

It's still a terrible, terrible roster.

I look at the way the Chiefs played behind average Kyle Orton, and think to myself... replace Muir with Reid/Pederson, replace Battle with Jamaal Charles, replace Piscitelli with Berry, replace Barry Richardson with Eric Winston (and yes... get rid of Carr....). And throw in a legit red zone RB.

You don't think that's a team that can compete?

Hammock Parties 01-15-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9323018)
I look at the way the Chiefs played behind average Kyle Orton, and think to myself... replace Muir with Reid/Pederson, replace Battle with Jamaal Charles, replace Piscitelli with Berry, replace Barry Richardson with Eric Winston (and yes... get rid of Carr....). And throw in a legit red zone RB.

You don't think that's a team that can compete?

Compete is a broad term.

That's probably an 8-8 team. And I like Kyle Orton.

BossChief 01-15-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9322852)
The Texans have won playoff games for two straight years. They were really missing Brian Cushing (and lacking depth overall at the LB position). Hell, they won a playoff game with a rookie last year.

I don't think that the Texans, Colts, Patriots, Bengals or Ravens are going anywhere next year, unless of course, they're handed catastrophic injuries.

And the AFC West is Denver's to lose.

The Bengals aren't that good, the ravens are gonna lose Ray Lewis AND Ed Reed...Indy needs to show sustained success before we can place them in the playoffs every year...Pittsburghs defense is old and busted and we have a lot of players that should be coming into their own.

Like I said, I like our chances.

tk13 01-15-2013 11:13 PM

I actually like where the Bengals are sitting. They've got a top 10 defense, pretty much their entire starting roster is under 30. Dalton obviously needs to take the next step but he's helped that team to the playoffs his first two years playing in the Steelers and Ravens division. That's pretty tough. They might be in as good of a position as anyone going forward... except for maybe the Colts, just because I think Luck is going to destroy worlds.

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9323028)
The Bengals aren't that good

Right. They don't have a QB or receivers or a tight end or an offensive line or a defensive line and linebackers.

:shake:

Quote:

the ravens are gonna lose Ray Lewis AND Ed Reed

Ed Reed has been a non-factor and Ray Lewis is done. Losing both will not affect their fortunes, especially as long as they have Flacco, Ray Rice, Torrey Smith, etc. and so on.

Dannell Ellerbe is their best linebacker today.

Quote:

...Indy needs to show sustained success before we can place them in the playoffs every year

I said they'd contend for a playoff spot as long as Luck is healthy. That team had a massive influx of young players and they should only improved. Having Luck at the helm nearly guarantees they'll compete year in and year out for a playoff spot.

Quote:

...Pittsburghs defense is old and busted

People say that every year and yet they still compete. I'm not buying it until they completely collapse, something that hasn't happened, well, ever.

Quote:

and we have a lot of players that should be coming into their own.

Like who? Hali and Johnson are aging. Justin Houston may be able to pick up Hali's slack but the Chiefs don't have an ILB next to Johnson, nor do they have a CB opposite Flowers nor do they have a safety opposite Berry.

Until those pieces are in place, the defense will be suspect. Oh, and the defensive line is atrocious, although Poe does show promise.

On the offensive side of the ball, a hangnail puts Moeaki on the questionable list, Albert's back is an issue, Jeff Allen was crap, Rod Hudson broke his leg and missed the majority of the season, Eric Winston can't pass block worth a damn and the Chiefs don't have a starting QB.

I just don't know what you're seeing. They were 2-14 in 2012 and there's no Andrew Luck available to save the day.

chiefzilla1501 01-15-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9323024)
Compete is a broad term.

That's probably an 8-8 team. And I like Kyle Orton.

I disagree. Above all things... you take that team and add Jamaal Charles, and that's a team that in a bad AFC could easily be an above .500 team. I do agree that "compete" is a broad word. That's not a Super Bowl team. Just a better one than some people suggest.

The offense will go as the QB goes next year. We have plenty of talent and a good scheme to make the offense hum. On defense... if we're talking talent and not scheme, the talent is there to run a competitive defense, it's just going to take a step back as we adjust to a new scheme.

BossChief 01-15-2013 11:27 PM

I see a team with nice pieces at the skill positions (Bowe, Charles, Breaston, Moeaki and Baldwin) a line that has the potential to blossom if we get a qb that gets the ball out in time and doesn't go down at the sight of a pass rusher.

We have a defense that has two potentially elite pass rushers (if used correctly), a top notch #1 corner, a potentially great safety and a playmaking middle linebacker playing behind a very promising NT that looks to have real potential to be a game changer.

Geno Smith can come in and be a game manager and win games if Sutton puts the pieces together on defense (which I am not confident in).

Mecca 01-15-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9323048)
I actually like where the Bengals are sitting. They've got a top 10 defense, pretty much their entire starting roster is under 30. Dalton obviously needs to take the next step but he's helped that team to the playoffs his first two years playing in the Steelers and Ravens division. That's pretty tough. They might be in as good of a position as anyone going forward... except for maybe the Colts, just because I think Luck is going to destroy worlds.

The Giant amount of cap room they have doesn't hurt either.

Mecca 01-15-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9323110)
I see a team with nice pieces at the skill positions (Bowe, Charles, Breaston, Moeaki and Baldwin) a line that has the potential to blossom if we get a qb that gets the ball out in time and doesn't go down at the sight of a pass rusher.

We have a defense that has two potentially elite pass rushers (if used correctly), a top notch #1 corner, a potentially great safety and a playmaking middle linebacker playing behind a very promising NT that looks to have real potential to be a game changer.

Geno Smith can come in and be a game manager and win games if Sutton puts the pieces together on defense (which I am not confident in).

I expect some offensive overhaul, like it or not Reid is an O guy and some of these guys won't fit what he wants to do.