ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Who were the clowns that claimed RGIII isn't that good? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265148)

milkman 11-22-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9143073)
Besides all his physical talent, I'm also impressed with not only his intelligence at this point but even moreso his mental toughness all year exhibiting short term memory when he F's up and then comes right back and never blinks an eye. Good family military upbringing always pays off:thumb:

Don't follow college football that closely but has anybody seen amy interviews with Geno and if so is the kid mature and smart?

No.

None of us have ever seen Smith interviewed.

Chiefshrink 11-22-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9142980)
It was a HUGE gamble. Executive of the Decade should be able to work that right?

A gamble that HAD to be taken in Shanny's eyes because who in the hell else was out there that could have the potential to WIN NOW ??

tredadda 11-22-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9142895)
I was totally wrong about him it seems, and am fine saying so. More than anything, from all the interviews I've seen with him he seems like a really good person, and really intelligent.

My knock on him was that system he came out of, which I thought would handcap him at the pro level, but he looks great so far.

He did have one completely atrocious throw on the interception but the guy is nails and I've become a fan.

I still don't think we could have given up enough to move ahead of the Skins to get him. It would have been something ridiculous to do that, and no one is worth three first rounders. NO ONE.

So a Luck or RGIII are not worth a Berry, Baldwin, and Poe? 1st rounders are great and all if you get great players for them, but I think they are way too overrated. It is because of this that keeps teams from giving them up to trade up for elite players at elite positions.

mcaj22 11-22-2012 11:51 PM

id give up all 4 years of Pioli's piece of shit draft classes for RG3. Because we got shitty players and shitty picks from 95 percent of the four years anyway.

Id give up every 1st rounder Pioli has drafted for RG3 in a heartbeat.

NJChiefsFan 11-23-2012 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9143326)
So a Luck or RGIII are not worth a Berry, Baldwin, and Poe? 1st rounders are great and all if you get great players for them, but I think they are way too overrated. It is because of this that keeps teams from giving them up to trade up for elite players at elite positions.

I agree. Of course people are worth 3 1st rounders. You need a damn QB. Teams spend years trying to find one. Percentage of 1st rounders you hit on vs. percentage of time you win a SB with an average QB.

Sorter 11-23-2012 01:17 AM

What proves RG3 is a franchise QB to me is that he has already made his WRs better and his O-line better. Teh Redsins have a horrible O-line and Robert does a fantastic job.

Sorter 11-23-2012 01:18 AM

But then again, I thought he was fantastic coming out :)

Chiefspants 11-23-2012 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9143073)
has anybody seen amy interviews with Geno and if so is the kid mature and smart?

He is the anti Matt "Graded out Perfectly" Cassel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?v=loT7dtahMIc

Titty Meat 11-23-2012 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9142708)
Tannehill isn't a franchise QB

Yes he is.

BossChief 11-23-2012 05:00 AM

If they don't **** up by winning a couple meaningless games in this final stretch and we get the opportunity to draft Geno Smith and we opt to pass...I may well be done with this team and I may start up the fanwagon for the team that drafts him.

I cant think of a single thing that I would change about the kid and I dont understand why he isnt being hyped as a similar prospect to RG3 in every way except a 4.3 40 yard dash.

This kid is gonna be really really special and its clear as day that he should be the top overall pick.

AussieChiefsFan 11-23-2012 05:01 AM

I wanted RG3 very much.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-23-2012 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9143469)
He is the anti Matt "Graded out Perfectly" Cassel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?v=loT7dtahMIc

:drool: Great attitude. Kid has heart, desire, and talent. He's gonna be a stud at the next level. AS LONG AS HE HAS GOOD COACHES. That can't be stressed enough. There are some busts, who busted due to no real fault of their own.

I'm sure as **** not defending Matt Casshole, but the dude was set up for failure the second he got here. When you have someone who is already not a world beater, he has to be in the right system, with the right coaches, and the right scheme to even have a chance of success. Matt never had that here.

I hope Geno will, although clearly the talent level is light years ahead. So it's not like he requires the same things Matt Cassel did. I think most of you will pick up what I'm laying down.

seamonster 11-23-2012 07:25 AM

Huge RGIII fan. The redskins give up thirty points a game and somehow, someway, Griffin finds ways to overcome their garbage safety's and defensive backs to win these games. Drafting this player is bassically like drafting three first round picks on defense and offense.

TheGuardian 11-23-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9143326)

Yeah I retracted that after someone else threw that out.

RGIII and Luck are def worth the three first rounders we've used the last three years.

On the flip side of that, I wonder how good Baldwin could be in a place where the QB could actually get him the football.

Hoover 11-23-2012 09:51 AM

I never thought RGIII would be this good. He's been every impressive. That said, Cam Newton was impressive last year and sucks this year, so the jury is still going to be out for a while.