ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games **** Official PS4 Discussion Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279025)

007 01-18-2014 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millz (Post 10376366)
I think I liked AC3 more then 4..as weird as that sounds..I just really liked that american atmosphere to it. I haven't played much of 4 but I'm hoping to get some time in, it just looks nice but feels very glitchy..I'll board a ship and enemies won't even attack, they'll just stand there or when they do attack, it's insanely hard.

who plays B4, we should get some online going and hows killzone? kinda wanna get it, just picked up 2k, not the biggest basketball fan but it's alright.

I absolutely loved AC3 until it got to the damn battleships. Got stuck and never went back to it. I need someone to get me through the ship battles so I can get back to the story.

millz 01-18-2014 05:48 AM

yeah the ship battles in ac4 have caused me some problems. Does the game pick up at all? seems pretty bland so far..I've only played maybe an hour or so of it but it seemed like the same shit on the last gen consoles..

everyones been hootin and hollerin about how there's so much to do in this one..like what exactly?

007 01-18-2014 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millz (Post 10376370)
yeah the ship battles in ac4 have caused me some problems. Does the game pick up at all? seems pretty bland so far..I've only played maybe an hour or so of it but it seemed like the same shit on the last gen consoles..

everyones been hootin and hollerin about how there's so much to do in this one..like what exactly?

I didn't even bother with 4 since it is so big on sea battles.

aturnis 01-18-2014 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millz (Post 10376366)
I think I liked AC3 more then 4..as weird as that sounds..I just really liked that american atmosphere to it. I haven't played much of 4 but I'm hoping to get some time in, it just looks nice but feels very glitchy..I'll board a ship and enemies won't even attack, they'll just stand there or when they do attack, it's insanely hard.

who plays B4, we should get some online going and hows killzone? kinda wanna get it, just picked up 2k, not the biggest basketball fan but it's alright.

Have had absolutely no no blotching problems with AC4.

aturnis 01-18-2014 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millz (Post 10376370)

There is quite a lot to do in the game, but it is basically just the same as the other games. If it ain't broke...

The game, as most every other new generation game, was designed for the previous generation and ported over.

aturnis 01-18-2014 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10376371)
I didn't even bother with 4 since it is so big on sea battles.

In surprised you dislike them so much. I sometimes find myself idle in the story mode b/c I'm too busy boarding ships and building up my ship. I'm not a big fan of the shipwrecks though.

007 01-18-2014 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10376669)
In surprised you dislike them so much. I sometimes find myself idle in the story mode b/c I'm too busy boarding ships and building up my ship. I'm not a big fan of the shipwrecks though.

I just can't do them right. I won my first couple battles then I had to start dealing with ground attacks and they ate me alive. Just made me lose all interest in a game I was really enjoying up to that point.

aturnis 01-18-2014 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10376696)
I just can't do them right. I won my first couple battles then I had to start dealing with ground attacks and they ate me alive. Just made me lose all interest in a game I was really enjoying up to that point.

You talking about the forts you have to take out?

007 01-18-2014 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10376708)
You talking about the forts you have to take out?

yep

I have tried stop and go, run and gun and keep my distance. Nothing would work for me.

aturnis 01-18-2014 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10376762)
yep

I have tried stop and go, run and gun and keep my distance. Nothing would work for me.

Try staying a ways away at first, trolling back and forth making yourself a moving target. Use your mortars until you run out.

Then, use the same trolling pattern back and forth, but much closer, and use your broadside cannons.

With this strategy, I was able to take out hard forts without much difficulty and mid tier upgrades.

Also, in the southwest seas, there are larger loots to be had, which speeds up your upgrading process. Try to get ships with loads of metal alone, but if you have to take on a convoy, when you take out a ship, board it, and repair your so before fighting the rest of the convoy.

007 01-18-2014 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10376838)
Try staying a ways away at first, trolling back and forth making yourself a moving target. Use your mortars until you run out.

Then, use the same trolling pattern back and forth, but much closer, and use your broadside cannons.

With this strategy, I was able to take out hard forts without much difficulty and mid tier upgrades.

Also, in the southwest seas, there are larger loots to be had, which speeds up your upgrading process. Try to get ships with loads of metal alone, but if you have to take on a convoy, when you take out a ship, board it, and repair your so before fighting the rest of the convoy.

I lost my entire game save when my ps3 died. Don't know if I will ever get back to that game or not.

BryanBusby 02-04-2014 10:29 PM

I gotta admit these PSN/PSstore outages are getting ridiculous. It was excusable when PSN was free Sony, but it no longer is and well get your ****ing shit together.

New World Order 02-05-2014 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 10414975)
I gotta admit these PSN/PSstore outages are getting ridiculous. It was excusable when PSN was free Sony, but it no longer is and well get your ****ing shit together.

Absolutely. Sometimes it is a nightmare on ps3.

htismaqe 02-06-2014 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 10414975)

You must play a lot more often than I do or something. I play 2-3 hours a night, sometimes on Saturday or Sunday morning/early afternoon. I've never noticed a PSN outage.

jiveturkey 02-06-2014 07:50 AM

I haven't seen any outages either. I leave mine in standby mode so it will take care of updates and when I wake it up it sometimes has issues connecting. A quick shut down and restart takes care of that.