ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Trading for Nick Foles (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269093)

Pasta Little Brioni 01-20-2013 12:17 PM

If he was so awesome, why the **** would the Eagles think about dealing him?

Messier 01-20-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9335141)

It's speculation based on Chip Kelly and QBs that might fit his style of play (QBs that can run and pass). That's assuming he brings his Oregon offense to the NFL.

Chris Meck 01-20-2013 12:35 PM

IF Reid really likes Foles, and
IF Kelly doesn't want him because he wants a different guy, and
IF you could get him for either a swap of firsts or a second, and
IF Reid has decided he's not down with Geno,
THEN it would make sense.

Foles is not Cassel. He is not a career backup, he's a rookie that was pressed into playing time in a bad situation and played fairly well, considering. He's a big kid, with a big arm. If Reid likes him, I'd be alright with it. Pretty much nobody would've picked Russell Wilson over Foles this time last year. Foles is NOT the guy we've usually traded for/signed. He is not Deberg/Bono/Grbac/Cassel. He's not even Trent Green. He's a rookie, with promise, who's played some and acquitted himself well in a horrible situation. If you must compare what this move would look like, it would look like Green Bay trading a #2 to Atlanta for Brett Favre in 1991.

I'm not saying Foles is for sure the answer, just that IF Reid thinks he is or might be, and that he's a better option than Geno or that Geno/Wilson/Barkley/whoever all rate about the same, then this might not be a bad option.

Especially if it was for a switch of firsts, because then you could still draft a Wilson or Barkley in the Eagles slot, have Foles, and let 'em fight it out in camp.

Chris Meck 01-20-2013 12:36 PM

Hell, if you did that, and drafted Wilson, say, and signed Hasselbeck to be your vet backup/mentor, you'd have a pretty sweet QB situation.

Mr. Laz 01-20-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9335139)
Last 20 plus years actually, but some can't get enough of leftovers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9335141)

If Bowe is so great then why didn't someone grab him on the Tag?

If Geno Smith is so great then why isn't some team offering us a Washington type deal for him like they did RGIII.

wow, you can play that game all over the place.

Foles is a 2nd year player not a leftover .... who HC is now our HC and who might not fit the scheme of the new philly HC. It's not even remotely the same thing as Bono,Grbac,Green etc...

Dave Lane 01-20-2013 01:35 PM

If they are willing to take our 3rd then fine otherwise no thanks.

Dave Lane 01-20-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9334721)
And yet, almost every draft site has Smith rated higher than Wilson.

Of course, this from the dumb**** that thinks the answer to the QB problem is to try to lure Brett Favre out of retirement.

Could you please bludgeon this moron to death and put him out of our misery? JFC

Pasta Little Brioni 01-20-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9335253)
If Bowe is so great then why didn't someone grab him on the Tag?

If Geno Smith is so great then why isn't some team offering us a Washington type deal for him like they did RGIII.

wow, you can play that game all over the place.

Foles is a 2nd year player not a leftover who HC is now our HC and who might not fight the scheme of the new HC. It's not even remotely the same thing as Bono,Grbac,Green etc...

**** Foles

mcaj22 01-20-2013 01:41 PM

60 percent passer as a rookie, while throwing it 30, 40, sometimes 50 times a game

that's really not that bad

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-20-2013 01:46 PM

he had a ****ing swiss cheese O line of backups (at the end 4 of 5 starters were gone), backup rookie RB who ran well but couldn't pick up a blitz, starting WR out, and a coach with a pass/run ration of 70/30

he didn't do too bad

Mr. Laz 01-20-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9335296)
If they are willing to take our 3rd then fine otherwise no thanks.

i would probably even go a step further and say 'no QB draftee then no thanks'

imo If Reid wants Foles then i want competition for Foles as well. I don't want Foles at the cost of Smith or Wilson.

Mr. Laz 01-20-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9335309)
**** Foles

You're just pissed

jd1020 01-20-2013 01:59 PM

**** all this nonsense of trading for someone for more than he was worth last season.

If the Eagles want to trade a rookie QB who they drafted last year I'll give you a 5th round pick. Why would they trade him? He's just too good for them?

KC kid 01-20-2013 02:03 PM

I think Foles is a bit of a unique situation. The possibility of Chip Kelly running a totally new offense which emphasizes a mobile quaraterback would make Foles expendable without necessarily categorizing him as a "castoff".

He obviously has good physical talent/tangibles to be a quarterback in the NFL. For those clamoring to get multiple quarterbacks in this years draft, I see no downside to substituting one of those QBs for Foles. Last years crop of QBs obviously pushed him down the draft board. You would have to evaluate him against similar QBs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds this year.

I would be all for a 3rd round pick for the guy. . . as long as you don't stop there. Otherwise, you are putting all your eggs in the ex-franchise's QB. . . almost exactly in the same manner as Pioli put all his eggs in Cassel's rotten basket.

jd1020 01-20-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC kid (Post 9335359)
I would be all for a 3rd round pick for the guy. . . as long as you don't stop there. Otherwise, you are putting all your eggs in the ex-franchise's QB. . . almost exactly in the same manner as ***** put all his eggs in Cassel's rotten basket.

No. no. no. no. no. HELL NO. NO!