ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   80's Rock anyone? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=113833)

Bowser 01-20-2007 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16
All of the talk of Dio makes this long haired metalhead happy. Great vocalist, and his work with Sabbath is very underrated. As far as I'm concerned, though, "Holy Diver" represents Dio's best.

Without a doubt, your music tastes and knowledge are as wide as anybody I have bumped into.

Dark Horse 01-20-2007 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
Heh.

Didn't they have a song called "Say What You Will"?

Yes it was on the cd I found today.

Nightwish 01-20-2007 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Horse
Holy Diver is great but Last in line is very close.

Yep, and Sacred Heart wasn't too far behind them, though RJD did get a bit more cheesy on that one.

Haven't we had this conversation before? Or am I just experiencing a weird deja vu?

Bowser 01-20-2007 10:45 PM

Quote:

Yes it was on the cd I found today.

They also had a song called Trick or Treat. Think it might have been a theme song to the movie of the same name.

Nightwish 01-20-2007 10:47 PM

Quote:

I was in a music store today and found a cd of a band called Fastway they were kind of obscure but a good 80's band none the less.

Did you ever see that really bad horror flick called "Trick or Treat?" Fastway did the soundtrack for it.

Nightwish 01-20-2007 10:47 PM

Quote:

They also had a song called Trick or Treat. Think it might have been a theme song to the movie of the same name.

Damn, beat me to it!

Bowser 01-20-2007 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightwish
Damn, beat me to it!

Don't feel bad. My 80's rock zen is strong.

:D

Dark Horse 01-20-2007 11:04 PM

Quote:

Movie sucked the band was pretty good though

Nightwish 01-20-2007 11:08 PM

Quote:

Movie sucked the band was pretty good though

It sucked big time! I still liked it, though. Bad horror flicks and I tend to get along famously!

Dark Horse 01-20-2007 11:11 PM

Quote:

It sucked big time! I still liked it, though. Bad horror flicks and I tend to get along famously!

Bad flicks with good sound tracks are somewhat tolerable

Dark Horse 01-20-2007 11:19 PM

Trick or Treat was eclipsed by the movie The Lost Boys which had a decent sound track as well.

Reaper16 01-20-2007 11:42 PM

Quote:

Without a doubt, your music tastes and knowledge are as wide as anybody I have bumped into.

Sweet, I'll take it. My tastes are very eclectic; there isn't any style of music that I outright dismiss, really.

That's why I love shuffle mode on my 80GB iPod so much. Going from some Mississpi Delta Blues to Bach to some extremely obsucre Death Metal band like Lykathea Aflame to Nas to Sufjan Stevens to Mos Def to Megadeth is very typical of my music tastes.

Easy 6 01-21-2007 12:19 AM

Quote:

Did you ever see that really bad horror flick called "Trick or Treat?" Fastway did the soundtrack for it.

Isnt that the movie where we were first "treated" to Gene Simmons "acting"??? & also had Skippy from Family Ties???

Nightwish 01-21-2007 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free
Isnt that the movie where we were first "treated" to Gene Simmons "acting"??? & also had Skippy from Family Ties???

Technically, if you don't include KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park (a film I think everyone would like to forget), Gene Simmons' first feature-length movie role was in 1984's Runaway, which he followed up with Never Too Young to Die and Trick or Treat in 1986. But yes, he was quite the gem in ToT, lol.

Dark Horse 01-21-2007 08:46 AM

I wonder if Mrs Gore found any subliminal messages in those crappy movies.