ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Starcraft II! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=163255)

Amnorix 07-27-2010 08:16 PM

So, stupid techno-question -- my computer has all the recommended stuff (except maybe CPU, see below) to play SC2 but instead of 2.6 Ghz it has only 2.0. Is that going to make playing this too painful to deal with?

My processor is an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU (whatever that means) and I have no idea how that compares to what they recommend.

Appreciate anyone's thoughts.

Blankey 07-27-2010 08:17 PM

So let's post our character names/numbers I guess

Blankey, 428

Blankey 07-27-2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 6901673)
So, stupid techno-question -- my computer has all the recommended stuff (except maybe CPU, see below) to play SC2 but instead of 2.6 Ghz it has only 2.0. Is that going to make playing this too painful to deal with?

My processor is an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU (whatever that means) and I have no idea how that compares to what they recommend.

Try this site and see if you at least the minimum requirements (try running it in IE if it doesn't work in Firefox)
http://systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

I have a crappy old Nvidia 6800 and 1 gig of RAM so I have to run it at low settings, but it's still really fun. Can't wait to upgrade my PC though.

AndChiefs 07-27-2010 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blankey (Post 6901677)
So let's post our character names/numbers I guess

Blankey, 428

Where do you see the number at?

Terribilis 07-28-2010 05:37 AM

Terribillis

Pants 07-28-2010 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 6901673)

Appreciate anyone's thoughts.

Your processor should be fine.

I might have to download this to check it out. Was never a huge fan of SC. I'm not really into twitch-RTS.

RedDread 07-28-2010 12:16 PM

Fooster, 862

I am really liking the quick match system. It does a good job of finding players at your skill level. If you go on a hot streak it starts to look for players above your level. Also the challenges are a lot of fun.

RedDread 07-28-2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 6902082)
Where do you see the number at?

If you mouse over your portrait it will show you what your character code is. Adding people this way will let you see them in SC2 only. Adding people via e-mail address (RealID) will allow you to see them across all Blizzard games, as well as their real name.

Blankey 07-28-2010 02:47 PM

Anyone want a 7 hour/14 day guest pass?

keg in kc 07-28-2010 05:42 PM

I can't say I ever expected my starcraft experience to include telling the jukebox in the bar to play sweet home alabama.

That whole in the bar between missions thing is giving me flashbacks to games from 15 years ago. Space combat games I think, but I can't remember which ones they were for the life of me, back when you'd have a trophy case and shit to look at between missions in your cabin. Wing Commander series maybe?

AndChiefs 07-28-2010 07:29 PM

Brimian, 318

Basileus777 07-28-2010 09:47 PM

I finished the campaign. The gameplay and the mission design were excellent, but other than a few spots, the plot was pretty meh. The writing in particular was poor. The dialogue in the game is mostly a bunch of really cliche one-liners you would see in a bad movie trailer.

Some of the awkwardness produces some nice unintentional humor, like
Spoiler!

keg in kc 07-29-2010 01:02 AM

I'm enjoying it so far, but it's going to take me friggin forever to finish all the achievements. It took me about 27 attempts to finish the 2nd mission in under 10 minutes on Hard. I kept finishing 15-30 seconds over. And one of the achievements is finishing all 29 missions on Brutal.

thecoffeeguy 07-29-2010 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6903761)
I can't say I ever expected my starcraft experience to include telling the jukebox in the bar to play sweet home alabama.

That whole in the bar between missions thing is giving me flashbacks to games from 15 years ago. Space combat games I think, but I can't remember which ones they were for the life of me, back when you'd have a trophy case and shit to look at between missions in your cabin. Wing Commander series maybe?

Oh wow, I total remember playing Wing Commander back in the day.

Was it Wing Commander III, where they had Mark Hammil and Malcom McDowell in the game?

Wow, long time ago. :D

Gravedigger 07-29-2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 6904304)
I finished the campaign. The gameplay and the mission design were excellent, but other than a few spots, the plot was pretty meh. The writing in particular was poor. The dialogue in the game is mostly a bunch of really cliche one-liners you would see in a bad movie trailer.

Some of the awkwardness produces some nice unintentional humor, like
Spoiler!

Well yeah, video game writing is usually pretty goofy. I just beat it last night and that last mission, holy shit forget about it. Took me quite a few times before I had my bunkers, siege tanks, battleships and thors in line with a good enough set of svcs and repair ships behind them. I can't imagine that lvl on brutal.

Spoiler!