ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Today's draft watch games include Matt Ryan... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=177543)

Tribal Warfare 12-28-2007 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
If you can give me any reason to believe Brodie Croyle can be a dependable starter I'd love to hear it....I don't think he'll ever play 16.

The kid has all the tools, he reads well( side note: needs to learn that he may have good arm, but can't force balls anymore) mobile enough to get away from pressure, good arm, and is good field general during crunch time.

Mecca 12-28-2007 08:40 PM

Ok that still doesn't explain, 2 torn ACL's, Torn labrum, the huge knock of not being durable and then he's already been hurt twice in less than half a year of starting.

It's hard to rely on the guy or say he'll ever last.

Also Croyle has so far not shown anything in "crunch time".

Tribal Warfare 12-28-2007 08:43 PM

Quote:

Bears Game watch it

Coogs 12-28-2007 08:43 PM

Quote:

Ok that still doesn't explain, 2 torn ACL's, Torn labrum, the huge knock of not being durable and then he's already been hurt twice in less than half a year of starting.

It's hard to rely on the guy or say he'll ever last.

He is interesting. We have seen him get belted right in the chops hard while delivering a pass, and crawl right up a not even flinch. If he hook slides he doesn't get hurt the first time. Instead he dives head first trying to make extra yards. The second time he is hurt is making a defensive play. Not sure what that means if anything, but both could have been avoided with a little caution.

Mecca 12-28-2007 08:45 PM

He's just injury prone, some guys are always hurt and it's supposedly "unexplainable" while other guys are never hurt.

It's a freak thing if it happens once, it's a pattern when you're always hurt.

The Bad Guy 12-28-2007 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare
Bears Game watch it

You need to re-think your definition of crunch time.

Coogs 12-28-2007 08:48 PM

Quote:

Against Indy, Solari wouldn't call anything to give him a chance.
He did well against the Titans... other areas of the team failed before the INT's. If the other areas play well the INT's probably don't happen.
Against Denver, the defense was so bad we were beat before we started.
Against Oakland Rayner failed him.
San Diego was Huards game.
Detroit was basically Huards game as well, but who is to say if he doesn't get hurt making a tackle he couldn't have done what Huard did given Solari opened up the playbook down by 19.

Coogs 12-28-2007 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy

That was crunch time. Bennett fumbled.

Mecca 12-28-2007 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy

I was thinking the same thing...

In the Titans game what did he show? That when the game is close in the 2nd half he can throw picks? Like the one he fired right to Michael Griffin, when they got behind and it was the next time with the ball what's he do..he throws a pick right away.

Coogs 12-28-2007 08:54 PM

Quote:

I was thinking the same thing...

In the Titans game what did he show? That when the game is close in the 2nd half he can throw picks? Like the one he fired right to Michael Griffin, when they got behind and it was the next time with the ball what's he do..he throws a pick right away.

Saw Ryan throw a similar head scratching pick tonight as well.

ChiefsLV 12-28-2007 08:55 PM

Quote:

He's just injury prone, some guys are always hurt and it's supposedly "unexplainable" while other guys are never hurt.

It's a freak thing if it happens once, it's a pattern when you're always hurt.

Even if Croyle isn't the guy, that doesn't mean any of the top QB's in this year's draft are going to pan out. You've got a major hard-on for Matt Ryan, we know, we get it. It doesn't guarantee anything.

Coogs 12-28-2007 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsLV
Even if Croyle isn't the guy, that doesn't mean any of the top QB's in this year's draft are going to pan out. You've got a major hard-on for Matt Ryan, we know, we get it. It doesn't guarantee anything.

In defense of Mecca, he has other guys he is pimping just as hard for our top pick. I find this fun to discuss the pro's and con's of the top players in any year. This year having a top pick just makes it all the more fun.

Mecca 12-28-2007 08:58 PM

Alright then think about the guys the year after..show me who the guy in that draft is...

Ryan throws picks because he's asked to win games without good receivers or well anything.

Tribal Warfare 12-28-2007 09:00 PM

Quote:

Ryan throws picks because he's asked to win games without good receivers or well anything.

This applies to KC's O-Line too, at least Ryan has time to throw the ball.Again, if Ryan had Elway talent and could everything including scrambling like a RB then ya I'd pick him.

Coogs 12-28-2007 09:00 PM

Quote:

Alright then think about the guys the year after..show me who the guy in that draft is...

I don't really know. Like I said earlier, the kid from Kansas State, Freeman, has all the physical tools. He has whipped Texas twice already. If he puts it together on a weekly basis next year and comes out early....