ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dear, Vikings: Thanks for our quarterback; Sincerely, Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=197822)

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-04-2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chieftain58 (Post 5269854)
I think you have said it perfectly... can he play under center?

Motion seconded, and that's all I've been trying to say here.

BigMeatballDave 12-04-2008 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5269527)
I never said that. What I said, is that the running game in this scheme will fail miserably against an Elite Defense.

:spock: Most running games will fail against an elite D.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-04-2008 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefDave (Post 5269883)
:spock: Most running games will fail against an elite D.

Ohhhhhhh.......

NO MAS! NO MAS!

You and everybody else WINS!
I cede all points, due to the fact that I can NOT endure one more minute of this debate.

Congratulations; you win! Please take this case of Turtle Wax and copy of the Home Edition as an extra bonus!

Reerun_KC 12-04-2008 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5269769)
If the Chiefs go 7-9 next year with another batch of successful draft choices added to the current youngest team in the NFL, he'll get at least a three year extension.

Yep your right, and the true fans will rejoice, as we are setup to wallow in mediocrity for years to come....

I never thought a coach that is this porous on gamedays, draft picks and development of players could continue to flounder in ass, would still get the approval of the ownership..

Only in KC where mediocrity is supreme and moral victories are as important as superbowls....

DaneMcCloud 12-04-2008 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 5269918)
Yep your right, and the true fans will rejoice, as we are setup to wallow in mediocrity for years to come....

I never thought a coach that is this porous on gamedays, draft picks and development of players could continue to flounder in ass, would still get the approval of the ownership..

Only in KC where mediocrity is supreme and moral victories are as important as superbowls....

I'd like you to explain to us how a coach with the youngest team in the league, dominated by first and second year players, would suck if his team went 7-9.

:eek:

Reerun_KC 12-04-2008 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5269962)
I'd like you to explain to us how a coach with the youngest team in the league, dominated by first and second year players, would suck if his team went 7-9.

You mean to you and not "us" Most of the planet think Herm is a lame duck coach. There are only a select few, that are rallying behind...

It wouldnt suck homie, if you had a coach that has proven over the course of his tenure he knew what the hell he was doing in developing that said team with the "youngest players" in the league.

We could sit here for the next 10 minutes and debate Herms accomplishments and then spend the rest of the day discussing his failures and shortcomings as a coach...

But over all, I would be thrilled "monkey freaking a football" thrilled if this was a team being developed by a coach that has a NFL mindset and a coaching philosophy that isnt dated pre WWII....

I am thrilled at the prospect of this rebuilding excuse! I love the youth, but I am not going to support the clown in charge... Never have and sure the freak never will....

DaneMcCloud 12-04-2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 5269988)
I am thrilled at the prospect of this rebuilding excuse! I love the youth, but I am not going to support the clown in charge... Never have and sure the freak never will....

If that's the way you feel, why even bother posting?

If they do improve to 7-9 or better next year, you're going to be stuck with him for a long, long time.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-04-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5270007)

If they do improve to 7-9 or better next year, you're going to be stuck with him for a long, long time.

Yep.

Reerun_KC 12-04-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Because I have been a Chiefs fan before and will be after Herm is long gone...

And it gives you something to reply to! :D

Reerun_KC 12-04-2008 04:14 PM

Quote:

Fine, if that is what the Chiefs ownership wants, I just know that I wont have to worry about the playoffs, AFC Championships or Superbowls...

It just makes the fan investment that much less... No skin off my back, I get to save money and travel less to games... There are plenty of "true fans" that will swing from the sack and keep Herms balls warm...

talastan 12-04-2008 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5269962)

:popcorn: This will be good.....

Reerun_KC 12-04-2008 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5270009)
Yep.

Better Keep Carl as well...

DaneMcCloud 12-04-2008 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 5270019)
Fine, if that is what the Chiefs ownership wants, I just know that I wont have to worry about the playoffs, AFC Championships or Superbowls...

It just makes the fan investment that much less... No skin off my back, I get to save money and travel less to games... There are plenty of "true fans" that will swing from the sack and keep Herms balls warm...

You don't get it, do you?

If the Chiefs improve to 7-9 next year with more than 75% of the team still in their first contract (and the majority in the first and second years), what makes you think this team won't make a huge leap forward in 2010?

Like a playoff win and maybe beyond?

DaneMcCloud 12-04-2008 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talastan (Post 5270024)
:popcorn: This will be good.....

Why?

He just avoids this question when confronted.

"Herm sucks".

Right. :rolleyes:

Chiefnj2 12-04-2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5270029)
You don't get it, do you?

If the Chiefs improve to 7-9 next year with more than 75% of the team still in their first contract (and the majority in the first and second years), what makes you think this team won't make a huge leap forward in 2010?

Like a playoff win and maybe beyond?

7 wins would be tough next year playing the NFC East. Plus the 4th place Bills and Jags would be tough games as well (for playing last place teams).