ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Cassel Chronicles: The Conclusion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=211171)

JuicesFlowing 08-01-2009 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 5939636)
Matt Cassel will have a more successful Chiefs career than Trent Green.

You heard it here first.

I hope you are right. I'm on board and hope he does well. I hope Dwayne Bowe and Cassel develop a great relationship, that will be a nice highlight reel one day.

SAUTO 08-01-2009 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5940301)
He's not a top 10 QB....which even still he's not an elite QB which means he has flaws to work on.

I don't get why you are flipping the **** out when someone says he has things to work on. You'd think the man has no flaws the way you defend everything about him.

never said that either, you and others just say things that you have obviously read, not seen. and i would say that there are only about 2-3 ELITE level QBs in the game right now, and thats if brady comes back the same. so yeah top 10 is pretty ****ing good.

Mecca 08-01-2009 11:16 AM

I wouldn't put him in the top 10 because frankly 1 year isn't a career or enough to put him ahead of consistent year in and year out performers.

SAUTO 08-01-2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5940309)
I wouldn't put him in the top 10 because frankly 1 year isn't a career or enough to put him ahead of consistent year in and year out performers.

ROFL what the **** ever man, and i bet you still would call carson palmer a franchise top 10 qb right? nevermind you probably wont admit to it now that i've asked

SAUTO 08-01-2009 11:18 AM

again where did he rank among QBs last year? top 10? then yeah he's a top 10 QB as of right now.

milkman 08-01-2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5940309)

Out of curiosity, who would be your top 10 QBs?

Mecca 08-01-2009 11:19 AM

Carson Palmer has a long line of years to judge his performance on and he's not a top 10 QB right now either.

He has to show he's back from his elbow issue.

I admit I think it's hilarious how Jason is flipping out over having a logical opinion on this.

SAUTO 08-01-2009 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5940321)
Carson Palmer has a long line of years to judge his performance on and he's not a top 10 QB right now either.

He has to show he's back from his elbow issue.

I admit I think it's hilarious how Jason is flipping out over having a logical opinion on this.

hey man i'm not "flipping out" over anything. and palmer has had 2 of the BEST WRs on the field with him throughout his career how can he be considered top 10? oh i forgot that kind of thing only works when YOU use it against a player on our team.

Mecca 08-01-2009 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 5940320)
Out of curiosity, who would be your top 10 QBs?

As of today...this is in no particular order because that would take me longer to rank them the top 10 QB's in the league are..

Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Phillip Rivers
Ben Roethlisberger
Donovan McNabb
Drew Brees
Eli Manning
Jay Cutler
Kurt Warner
Tony Romo

I put Romo in there at the bottom aswell as Warner because right now Warner is playing extremely well. Both of those guys could easily fall out. If Matt Ryan shows really the same things he did last year he'll easily jump on the list but I don't like to put 1 year players at QB in the top 10 because they haven't shown year to year consistency.

If Palmer shows he's back to form after his injury he can jump in Aaron Rodgers I think is close too he had a very good year last year but 1 year thing, I think Cassel has a good argument to go in the 10-15 range with something to prove.

Mecca 08-01-2009 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 5940328)
hey man i'm not "flipping out" over anything. and palmer has had 2 of the BEST WRs on the field with him throughout his career how can he be considered top 10? oh i forgot that kind of thing only works when YOU use it against a player on our team.

Manning has only had 2 of the best WR's in the league his entire career, guess we better not count him.

Hammock Parties 08-01-2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5940329)
As of today...this is in no particular order because that would take me longer to rank them the top 10 QB's in the league are..

Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Phillip Rivers
Ben Roethlisberger
Donovan McNabb
Drew Brees
Eli Manning
Jay Cutler
Kurt Warner
Tony Romo

I put Romo in there at the bottom aswell as Warner because right now Warner is playing extremely well. Both of those guys could easily fall out. If Matt Ryan shows really the same things he did last year he'll easily jump on the list but I don't like to put 1 year players at QB in the top 10 because they haven't shown year to year consistency.

If Palmer shows he's back to form after his injury he can jump in Aaron Rodgers I think is close too he had a very good year last year but 1 year thing, I think Cassel has a good argument to go in the 10-15 range with something to prove.

I agree completely with this.

milkman 08-01-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5940329)

Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Phillip Rivers
Ben Roethlisberger
Donovan McNabb
Drew Brees
Eli Manning
Jay Cutler
Kurt Warner
Tony Romo

I have a real problem with Romo.

He has put up some good numbers, but he has a propensity to disappear in second half of games, and second half of seasons, and hasn't taken on the mantle of leadership in Dallas.

I'd put Matt Hasselbeck ahead of him, even though he missed about half a season with injury last year.

Mecca 08-01-2009 11:42 AM

Hasselbeck has a bad back I have a hard time believing he'll ever be the same player again. I think Romo will have a better year this year but he's obviously at the bottom of the top 10.

KCBOSS1 08-01-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 5939636)
Matt Cassel will have a more successful Chiefs career than Trent Green.

You heard it here first.

I hope you're right. But for the short time that we saw Trent in his prime... it's not likely. I guess he could have a more successful career than Trent as far as performance longevity, but that remains to be seen.

milkman 08-01-2009 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5940373)
Hasselbeck has a bad back I have a hard time believing he'll ever be the same player again. I think Romo will have a better year this year but he's obviously at the bottom of the top 10.

No.

I just can't put a guy that I think lacks mental toughness and leadership in any top 10 QB list.

Hasselbeck is there right now until he proves otherwise, and he'll be replaced shortly by the likes of Matt Ryan or Aaron Rogers.