ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc 13 Things Your Mail Carrier Won’t Tell You (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241201)

Mr. Flopnuts 02-04-2011 12:26 PM

My understanding is that if you're not a veteran or minority, it's incredibly difficult to get into. For instance, you mentioned the point bonus for veteran status. I go in and score 99, but the veteran, or minority scores 91 and has 101 with their bonus amd gets the job.

Brock 02-04-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7405891)
You're definitely not a people person.

You're definitely not very intelligent.

luv 02-04-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7405897)
Who do you have to take crap from? The post office manager?

90+% of people are at work when the mailman comes.

Yes. There are supervisors. Like the OP says, they have to scan certain mailboxes, so that their supervisors know where they are. If you don't produce at the same rate, they question you.

Halfcan 02-04-2011 12:28 PM

We have some great mail carriers in independence. I was actually at the post office today and they went out of their way to be nice!

Great job!!

Deberg_1990 02-04-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsnorth (Post 7405875)
Look at the skills required to do that job, and what that person would be making in a comparably skilled job elsewhere. It's a goldmine.

If thats all a mail carrier makes, thats really not a whole lot of money. But yea, thats about the right salary IMO for the skill required.

Why are we baggin on the postal workers? Its a good honest living sounds like...

luv 02-04-2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7405902)
You're definitely not very intelligent.

I'm standing up for a profession that has paid to put food on my family's table when I was growing up. Personally, I wouldn't want to be a carrier. I'd want an office job. I'm enough of a people person that I can get along with others and see their points of view, but I don't enjoy providing customer service all day long. I'm simply arguing your points to be arguing. It has nothing to do with intelligence. However, if you are calling any member of my family uneducated or dumb, then I'm going to speak up.

Brock 02-04-2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7405907)
If thats all a mail carrier makes, thats really not a whole lot of money. But yea, thats about the right salary IMO for the skill required.

Why are we baggin on the postal workers? Its a good honest living sounds like...

Not bagging on them, just not going to listen to a bunch of garbage about how hard the job is. Comparatively, they're overpaid, but you probably have to overpay people to keep them from stealing.

luv 02-04-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7405912)
Not bagging on them, just not going to listen to a bunch of garbage about how hard the job is. Comparatively, they're overpaid, but you probably have to overpay people to keep them from stealing.

Now they're thieves? What next?

Brock 02-04-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7405911)
I'm standing up for a profession that has paid to put food on my family's table when I was growing up. Personally, I wouldn't want to be a carrier. I'd want an office job. I'm enough of a people person that I can get along with others and see their points of view, but I don't enjoy providing customer service all day long. I'm simply arguing your points to be arguing. It has nothing to do with intelligence. However, if you are calling any member of my family uneducated or dumb, then I'm going to speak up.

I don't know if any member of your family is uneducated or dumb, but if they work for the post office, they're doing a job that can be done by someone who is uneducated and dumb.

Brock 02-04-2011 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7405915)
Now they're thieves? What next?

See, this is why I say you're not very bright. You don't understand what words mean.

notorious 02-04-2011 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7405837)
$45,760/year

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_middle_class

Sounds pretty average to me.

Like teachers, they get amazing vacation time and benefits.

That offsets the average pay.

phisherman 02-04-2011 12:34 PM

out of curiousity brock, what do you do?

luv 02-04-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7405922)
See, this is why I say you're not very bright. You don't understand what words mean.

Tell me how I misunderstood that jab?

ReynardMuldrake 02-04-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Compared to what? Do you know what a UPS driver makes?

Deberg_1990 02-04-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 7405926)
Like teachers, they get amazing vacation time and benefits.

That offsets the average pay.

Ding, Ding Ding, we have a winner!