ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2011-2012 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=243389)

KC_Connection 04-05-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 7539900)
Currently at nbadraft.net.....

Marcus up to #9 Milwaukee
Markieff at #14 Houston
TRobb at #23 Phoenix
Selby at #34 Detroit

Pullen at #56 Boston

NBADraft.net is generally poor in their predictions. Use DraftExpress (though every site is pretty poor in early April).

KC_Connection 04-05-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 7540167)
Not really. The worst has to be that you faced an 11 seed that beat you in the E8, and you then would have faced an 8 seed in the National Semi's. If that isn't the KITN you were looking for, I'm not sure what is.

You were damn near gift-wrapped a spot in the NC Game and somehow ****ed it up. If I were a ku fan, that would keep me up at night, as idle thoughts of killing Jamie Skeen crossed my brain......o:-)

It sucked. But for us, though, there's always next year. Another year, another chance at the NC.

There are only a few programs in the country that can say that.

Mr. Plow 04-05-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 7540667)
NBADraft.net is generally poor in their predictions. Use DraftExpress (though every site is pretty poor in early April).

Yeah, I don't have any idea what is a good NBA site to be honest. I just always hear nbadraft.net so I assumed it was "the one to go to."

CoMoChief 04-05-2011 06:43 PM

I expect the Morris twins to leave.

But losing TRob and Selby would hurt KU tremendously (not to mention Morningstar and Reed are Seniors and they too will be leaving). TRob and Selby need to stay another year and improve their game. TRob I can understand why'd he test the NBA waters, he has a little sister to take care of, being without a family etc. But Selby in no way shape or form deserves to get drafted. Collectively he played like shit down the stretch and to be honest, the only game I saw him really take over was his debut game against USC. Other than that he's been "ehh" at best.

But let's assume for a minute that Mk Morris, Mc Morris, Selby, TRob all leave early. That leaves KU with___________in the stable for the 2011-12 season:

(Impact Players)
C - Jeff Withey
PG - Tyshawn Taylor
SG - Elijah Johnson
SF - Travis Releford

Incoming Freshmen:
SG - Ben McLemore (*****)
PG - Naadir Tharpe (****)

That's horrible, folks...

Silock 04-05-2011 07:03 PM

That's not horrible.

Withey has yet to hit his stride, and as UConn just proved, you don't need a dominant center to win a national championship. None of the teams in the Final Four had a guy that was really any better than Withey down low.

Tharpe, McLemore, Taylor, Woolridge, Johnson, Releford, possibly Daniels... that's a great guard lineup.

CoMoChief 04-05-2011 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 7541046)
That's not horrible.

Withey has yet to hit his stride, and as UConn just proved, you don't need a dominant center to win a national championship. None of the teams in the Final Four had a guy that was really any better than Withey down low.

Tharpe, McLemore, Taylor, Woolridge, Johnson, Releford, possibly Daniels... that's a great guard lineup.

Well, whatever stride that is, he sure is a pussy down low, has close to zero strength.....after KU trainers/staff have tried almost everything to put some meat on his bones.

And KU doesn't have a power forward.

Daniels sounds like more n more he's leaning towards Duke from the stuff I've read. Getting him would be HUUUUGE though....KU sure does need him.

So let's just assume for shits n giggles that this will be the 2011-12 starting lineup:

Taylor
Johnson
McLemore
Daniels
Withey

I don't think there's anyway Self wins his 8th (straight) Big12 title with that lineup...though I would love for KU to prove me wrong.

Reerun_KC 04-05-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 7540468)
First of all - 4321. I'm in My 40's, dude!

Secondly - yes, I think Frank is fully capable and can put KSU in the FF. Will he be here long enough to do it, that's the real question.

Oh sorry, you just sounded older on the phone... o:-)

I think with the right players Frank could do it. But from the outside looking in, it seems to me that the pipeline of players arent as strong as they were a few years ago.

With the lack of big time recruits coming in, do you feel they are over playing Delonte?

Brock 04-05-2011 09:06 PM

Hey guys, we don't think things aren't as good as we thought they are. Zach told me so.

KC_Connection 04-05-2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 7540972)
I expect the Morris twins to leave.

But losing TRob and Selby would hurt KU tremendously (not to mention Morningstar and Reed are Seniors and they too will be leaving). TRob and Selby need to stay another year and improve their game. TRob I can understand why'd he test the NBA waters, he has a little sister to take care of, being without a family etc. But Selby in no way shape or form deserves to get drafted. Collectively he played like shit down the stretch and to be honest, the only game I saw him really take over was his debut game against USC. Other than that he's been "ehh" at best.

But let's assume for a minute that Mk Morris, Mc Morris, Selby, TRob all leave early. That leaves KU with___________in the stable for the 2011-12 season:

(Impact Players)
C - Jeff Withey
PG - Tyshawn Taylor
SG - Elijah Johnson
SF - Travis Releford

Incoming Freshmen:
SG - Ben McLemore (*****)
PG - Naadir Tharpe (****)

That's horrible, folks...

That looks like a really good team to me. Probably the best in the B12, or at least right there with Texas. I don't think you realize how good guys like Releford and EJ are.

ArrowheadHawk 04-06-2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 7542157)
That looks like a really good team to me. Probably the best in the B12, or at least right there with Texas. I don't think you realize how good guys like Releford and EJ are.

This. KU will be fine.

cdirty 04-06-2011 10:38 AM

well lets pray that withey hits the gym this summer and works on his ball handling skills.

Saulbadguy 04-06-2011 11:53 AM

http://goemaw.com/forum/index.php?topic=12456.msg272214

ArrowheadHawk 04-06-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chet Steadman (Post 7543081)

Pretty strong sources there.

Saulbadguy 04-06-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 7543087)
Pretty strong sources there.

:LOL: How can you not trust him, he's 100%!

Titty Meat 04-06-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chet Steadman (Post 7543081)

LOL @ that picture of chasing his sister.