ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Football's Future If the Players Win by Roger Goodell (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244358)

patteeu 04-26-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7592444)
The question is, how many of these owners would still be owners when, and if, the league ever reached the same level of popularity and prosperity?

And the fact is, many of these owner had no role in creating the foundation that has brought the league to this level.

And these owners that had nothing to do with that are the ones that are trying to change the system that created this cash cow.

Likewise with the players.

patteeu 04-26-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 7592458)
They did that because they were locked out.

There's always a "because".

BigMeatballDave 04-26-2011 12:10 PM

Patt is trolling...

dirk digler 04-26-2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7592403)
I don't think he had the kind of money that Jones and Snyder have, and that there was concern that he couldn't maintain the team with his resourses.

That maybe and IIRC he wasn't wanting to be the majority owner he was just part of the ownership group until he got kicked out. And we know it wasn't because of how much money he had or didn't have.

Just Passin' By 04-26-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 7592467)
Patt is trolling...

And he's doing a terrible job of it.

dirk digler 04-26-2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7592444)
The question is, how many of these owners would still be owners when, and if, the league ever reached the same level of popularity and prosperity?

And the fact is, many of these owner had no role in creating the foundation that has brought the league to this level.

And these owners that had nothing to do with that are the ones that are trying to change the system that created this cash cow.

I don't see how the owners are trying to change the system by requesting an additional 600 million - 1 billion dollars.

It seems to me when you talk about changing the system that is like De Smith saying today the draft may be in trouble.

Chiefnj2 04-26-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 7592458)
They did that because they were locked out.

The union decertified first.

Royal Fanatic 04-26-2011 12:24 PM

I have two questions for the posters who are steadfastly supporting the owners in this battle:

(1) Do you believe Roger Goodell was being honest in his opinion piece in the WSJ?

(2) Is there EVER a situation where you would support labor in a dispute against management?

Dante84 04-26-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 7592508)

The owners opted out first.

Furthermore, if someone cocks back their arm to punch you, you had better take action to avoid getting your nose broken.

milkman 04-26-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 7592498)
I don't see how the owners are trying to change the system by requesting an additional 600 million - 1 billion dollars.

It seems to me when you talk about changing the system that is like De Smith saying today the draft may be in trouble.

It's been reported numerous times that the newer owners want to change how the revenue sharing system works.

They want to take a number of things off the table, that will reduce the the share substantially.

It's also the primary reason that owners opted out of the CBA and are looking for a larger share of those profits.

Large market owners want bigger profits, and small market owners know that they won't be able to compete unless thay retain some of that money.

Dave Lane 04-26-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 7591545)
I understand what your saying, but these are really powerful dudes that hate people looking at all their business. I am on the players side, but you shouldnt have to show what your spending your money on. at least thats how i feel.

It is what it is. Godell is stressing, this is all on his watch.

If you are pleading poverty to the players and we need more of your money to help us out, then yes, you do need to open your books or STFU. Use some other tactic to raise more money but don't say I'm not making enough so I'm cutting your salary and not expect the players to say, OK we will consider it but show us why.

BigMeatballDave 04-26-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 7592508)

Would they have decerified had they knew the Owners werent going to lock them out?

Simplex3 04-26-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 7592065)
To prove that they need the 600MM they're demanding.

Prove someone else needs it.

dirk digler 04-26-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Fanatic (Post 7592516)
I have two questions for the posters who are steadfastly supporting the owners in this battle:

(1) Do you believe Roger Goodell was being honest in his opinion piece in the WSJ?

(2) Is there EVER a situation where you would support labor in a dispute against management?

1. Yes

2. Yes. I supported the Wisconsin unions when they tried to block collective bargaining.

The reason why I support the owners it is with the belief that the players want to dramatically alter the game where it is no longer competitive except for large market teams.

Dave Lane 04-26-2011 12:30 PM

I'm not supporting the owners or the players. I'm supporting common sense. Common sense is with the players so they have my support.

If the players were asking for a bigger cut, demanding an extra $600 million or they would strike and not play, I'd be 100% behind the owners.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Fanatic (Post 7592516)