ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Miami booster scandal, with Frank Haith mentioned. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248568)

DJ's left nut 08-17-2011 12:32 PM

It's Mizzou.

They're gutless to their core.

They won't do a damn thing.

And the negative recruiters will have a MFing field day.

Saulbadguy 08-17-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7831467)
It's Mizzou.

They're gutless to their core.

They won't do a damn thing.

And the negative recruiters will have a MFing field day.

Meh.

If he puts a winning product on the court, no one will remember...or give a shit. IMO.

Messier 08-17-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 7831469)
Meh.

If he puts a winning product on the court, no one will remember...or give a shit. IMO.

That's not necessarily true.

blaise 08-17-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 7831469)
Meh.

I bet whatever he puts on the court can be replaced fairly easily by someone else.

Extra Point 08-17-2011 01:45 PM

They oughta hire Sunvold. The one with hair.

beer bacon 08-17-2011 02:02 PM

Shouldn't the Brown brothers be benched? It is pretty obvious they will be declared ineligible. If K-State plays them, and they are subsequently found ineligible, won't K-State have to forfeit all those games?

Saulbadguy 08-17-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer bacon (Post 7831656)
Shouldn't the Brown brothers be benched? It is pretty obvious they will be declared ineligible. If K-State plays them, and they are subsequently found ineligible, won't K-State have to forfeit all those games?

Yep - I imagine they will sit out at least a game or 3.

It's ironic they will both most likely have to sit vs Miami.

SuperChief 08-17-2011 03:27 PM

This is nuts. THAT'S why investigative reporting is so important and absolutely necessary. It's a shame that papers are getting rid of these departments because they're "too expensive."

chiefzilla1501 08-17-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7830973)
this has top news at espn all day....top mention on every bump, top subject on Mike and Mike...

Ohio St. fans are idiots

I'm sorry, but this story isn't getting even CLOSE to the same amount of attention the Ohio State story got when "tattoogate" first broke. Especially when you factor in that these allegations are a million times more egregious than OSU. The story isn't even the feature headline. They have Notre Dame as the picture story, for crying out loud. Since the Ohio State story broke, they have had one featured headline almost every week, especially in the past 1-2 months. They have two headlines right now, for crying out loud. They even made Tressel's salary front page news. I have no problem with the attention OSU is getting, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that ESPN is peppering meaningless stories about OSU every single week and sensationalizing their violations, when there are 3 schools that are getting serious scrutiny too.

The problem is, it's only ESPN that's doing this. And it's not just OSU vs. the world. It's their over-defensiveness of LeBron James. It's the enormous amount of attention they paid to ARod while Papi got off easy doing the same shit. ESPN has become FoxNews or MSNBC. Rather than report sports news, they are picking heroes and villains to boost ratings. And that's ****ing shady, for a site that tries to be an unbiased source for sports news.

WilliamTheIrish 08-17-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer bacon (Post 7831656)

Eh, the Brown's might get a 1 game suspension. All they have to do is cooperate fully when interviewed.

Saulbadguy 08-17-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 7831894)
I'm sorry, but this story isn't getting even CLOSE to the same amount of attention the Ohio State story got when "tattoogate" first broke. Especially when you factor in that these allegations are a million times more egregious than OSU. The story isn't even the feature headline. They have Notre Dame as the picture story, for crying out loud. Since the Ohio State story broke, they have had one featured headline almost every week, especially in the past 1-2 months. They have two headlines right now, for crying out loud. They even made Tressel's salary front page news.

The problem is, it's only ESPN that's doing this. And it's not just OSU vs. the world. It's their over-defensiveness of LeBron James. It's the enormous amount of attention they paid to ARod while Papi got off easy doing the same shit. ESPN has become FoxNews or MSNBC. Rather than report sports news, they are picking heroes and villains to boost ratings. And that's ****ing shady, for a site that tries to be an unbiased source for sports news.

You are full of shit.

WilliamTheIrish 08-17-2011 03:48 PM

Jesus, you tOSU fans are amazing.

DJ's left nut 08-17-2011 03:51 PM

Every single time there's a college football story, chiefzilla starts bitching about how persecuted the Buckeyes were.

Give it a rest already. Clearly nothing more than an asshurt Buckeye fan (as though there's any other kind).

MOhillbilly 08-17-2011 03:53 PM

Just pay the ****in kids already. The NCAA is a bunch of greedy ****s.

chiefzilla1501 08-17-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 7831911)
Jesus, you tOSU fans are amazing.

I'm barely a fan of the team. I agree wholeheartedly with the suspensions and think they should have been worse.

But the only reason you don't see what's going on is because you, like most people, don't like OSU. And you enjoy reading articles that trash on OSU. I don't blame you--I enjoy reading articles trashing on Duke. ESPN is capitalizing on people's hatred of OSU, the same way they capitalized on the hatred of ARod, and the same way they defend to the death the reputation of "good guys" like Papi and LeBron.

It's FoxNews/MSNBC coverage.