ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Justice League hopes to follow the Avengers success (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260276)

Valiant 08-29-2012 07:39 PM

It would be a toss up between Hulk and Supes.. Can go either way..

Now someone like Dr. Strange would kick the shit out of superman since he is weak to magic..

Chiefspants 08-29-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8862880)
Rebooted Batman to Debut in JUSTICE LEAGUE?

I received a bit of intel here recently that involves the Batman on film reboot and the inevitable JUSTICE LEAGUE film.
It’s looking as a live-action JUSTICE LEAGUE film -- the one currently being penned by Will Beall for Warner Bros. -- just might be the studio’s first big, DC Comics-based tent pole movie after 2013’s MAN OF STEEL. This JL film would, possibly, hit theaters Summer 2015. So, exactly WHAT does this have to do with BATMAN REBOOTED? Read on…

Said reboot will come after the JL film, not before. Therefore, the new cinematic Batman will be introduced in the JL film as opposed to a solo film. This would, according to my industry "FOBOF," assure the new Batman film series will be part of a "DC Cinematic Universe."

Keep in mind that this is based on industry scuttlebutt, so take it with a grain of salt. However, if indeed true (And this FOBOF is solid as they come, trust me!) this is not good news for the solo Batman franchise in my opinion. I’d like the next director of the rebooted cinematic Batman to have more creative control over the character -- something that’s not likely to happen of this scenario plays out.

I have some very strong opinions about this that I shall reserve for an op-ed piece in the near future.

Perhaps they can convince Joel Schumacher to return?

Tribal Warfare 08-29-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8863043)

Now someone like Dr. Strange would kick the shit out of superman since he is weak to magic..

Supes would kick the shit out of the Hulk if he uses his speed

Aries Walker 08-29-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8863043)

What would be a toss-up, a superhuman free-for-all? If we're talking that, remember Thor's hammer is magical as well, and I don't know that there's anyone in the Marvel Universe (short of all-powerful cosmic entities) that can take him out solo.

AustinChief 08-29-2012 10:14 PM

How about an easy one. Franklin Richards vs Superman.

JD10367 08-30-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 8863056)
Perhaps they can convince Joel Schumacher to return?

Batsuit nipples, woohoo!

ThaVirus 08-30-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8863599)
How about an easy one. Franklin Richards vs Superman.

I don't know much about that guy but the stuff from Wikipedia, but can't that guy manipulate matter on the atomic level? Seems like that would be a bit unfair.

EDIT: Or maybe he's a reality warper? I'm not sure.

AustinChief 08-30-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8866815)
I don't know much about that guy but the stuff from Wikipedia, but can't that guy manipulate matter on the atomic level? Seems like that would be a bit unfair.

EDIT: Or maybe he's a reality warper? I'm not sure.

yeah, completely unfair.. he can create or destroy entire universes.. so... he's got that going for him...

Aries Walker 08-30-2012 10:34 PM

It's OK, I'm sure there's a Marvel heavy hitter out there somewhere that Superman can take down, if you search hard enough. This is assuming that the contest isn't determined by who is the most compelling and interesting character, in which case Superman is, of course, doomed. ;)

ThaVirus 08-31-2012 11:23 AM

I feel like DC characters are far more powerful than Marvel, but Marvel's character depth is better.

The Justice League would stomp the Avengers.

durtyrute 08-31-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8862880)
Rebooted Batman to Debut in JUSTICE LEAGUE?

I received a bit of intel here recently that involves the Batman on film reboot and the inevitable JUSTICE LEAGUE film.
It’s looking as a live-action JUSTICE LEAGUE film -- the one currently being penned by Will Beall for Warner Bros. -- just might be the studio’s first big, DC Comics-based tent pole movie after 2013’s MAN OF STEEL. This JL film would, possibly, hit theaters Summer 2015. So, exactly WHAT does this have to do with BATMAN REBOOTED? Read on…

Said reboot will come after the JL film, not before. Therefore, the new cinematic Batman will be introduced in the JL film as opposed to a solo film. This would, according to my industry "FOBOF," assure the new Batman film series will be part of a "DC Cinematic Universe."

Keep in mind that this is based on industry scuttlebutt, so take it with a grain of salt. However, if indeed true (And this FOBOF is solid as they come, trust me!) this is not good news for the solo Batman franchise in my opinion. I’d like the next director of the rebooted cinematic Batman to have more creative control over the character -- something that’s not likely to happen of this scenario plays out.

I have some very strong opinions about this that I shall reserve for an op-ed piece in the near future.

Hopefully they will leave out that scratchy ass, raspy sounding cigarette smoking voice

Aries Walker 08-31-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8868144)
I feel like DC characters are far more powerful than Marvel, but Marvel's character depth is better.

The Justice League would stomp the Avengers.

Stomp, probably not. Beat, probably, if you use classic lineups. The front four of each group (Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman/Flash vs. Thor/Iron Man/Captain America/Hulk) would be about equal, but I highly doubt Wasp and Yellowjacket could hold their own against Aquaman and, more definitively, Green Lantern.

If you use current modern lineups, it gets a lot more one-sided. The Justice League has basically the same lineup except with the addition of Cyborg, but the only classical Avengers left are Captain America and Iron Man, with the rest of their ranks taken up by Hawkeye, Red Hulk, Vision, Spider-Woman, and Quake, who would get wiped by the Justice League veterans.

Now, if you add in all of the splinter groups, then the advantage swings back to Marvel, whose Secret Avengers and New Avengers include the likes of the Thing, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Doctor Strange, Venom, Iron Fist, Luke Cage; basically most of the Marvel Universe's heavy hitters. Justice League International and Justice League Dark's rosters, on the other hand, read like the minor leagues - Green Arrow, Booster Gold, Hawkman, Zatanna, and so on. Ka-pow.

So there you are. Also, I obviously have no life.

Jamie 08-31-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 8868208)
Stomp, probably not. Beat, probably, if you use classic lineups. The front four of each group (Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman/Flash vs. Thor/Iron Man/Captain America/Hulk) would be about equal, but I highly doubt Wasp and Yellowjacket could hold their own against Aquaman and, more definitively, Green Lantern.

I think even with the top 4s the Justice League comes out on top pretty decisively. Superman takes Hulk into space as previously discussed, Flash moves at the speed of light and disassembles Iron Man's armor before Tony knows a fight is happening and probably has time left over to punch Captain America in the face 1000 times. Wonder Woman holds off Thor until he throws his hammer, at which point Flash redirects it to Wonder Woman's hand (she's lifted it before) and she gets Thor's powers on top of her own. Batman's taking a nap or something.

ThaVirus 08-31-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 8868208)

Well that's why it would be a stomp. I'd imagine it would go down with Supes vs. Hulk, WW vs. Thor, Flash vs. Iron Man and Batman vs Cap. Flash would rape Iron Man but other than that those would all be good fights. Then it comes to Aquaman and Green Lantern vs those two chumps. It would get messy real quick once Flash, Aquaman and GL joined in and started pounding on Hulk and Thor.

Quote:

Now, if you add in all of the splinter groups, then the advantage swings back to Marvel, whose Secret Avengers and New Avengers include the likes of the Thing, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Doctor Strange, Venom, Iron Fist, Luke Cage; basically most of the Marvel Universe's heavy hitters.
All of these guys, with the exception of Strange and maybe Thing, would be useless. Honestly, take out Strange and add all those guys you just named; give the JL Martian Manhunter and the JL would annihilate the Marvel side.

Just my opinion.

Aries Walker 08-31-2012 02:06 PM

Oh, no. Superman wouldn't match up with Hulk; he'd match up with Thor, who would instantly overpower anyone else in the JLA, and he'd be lucky to get a tie. (Thor is a lot more powerful in the comic books than he is in the movies, and he's magical, which would give Superman a big problem.)

Batman and Captain America are as evenly matched as any two are, and so basically negate each other. Flash would not beat Iron Man very easily but I could see him winning eventually, but then you've got Hulk vs. Wonder Woman. Either way, there's still the Green Lantern problem, so yeah. Poor, poor, tiny insect-themed Avengers.

And Martian Manhunter's not in the JLA right now. He would make a big difference, but if you open it up to past (or future) members, then it just gets a lot messier.

I can't believe I'm arguing this. Hello again, teenage years, how've you been? :D